PDA

View Full Version : My Renova wing fits like crap!

ep3minivan
01-29-2004, 03:15 PM
I was very happy to see the FedEx guy today. But, when I fit the wing up to the car my joy turned to disgust.

PROBLEMS

1. The wing has the same problem that all the others has in that it sits off the rear glass too high. *PIC 1

2. On the passenger side, far right side of the wing, they did not put the threads in the right spot. *PIC 2

3. The top of the wing is bowed and does not fit flush with the roof of the car. *PIC 3

NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM DISAPPOINTED TO SAY THE LEAST. I KNOW THAT IT IS A CHEAP WING, BUT IT SHOULD ONLY TAKE MINOR MODIFICATION TO GET IT TO IT RIGHT! THAT IS WHEN IT SAYS "FITS WITH NO MODIFICATION"

ep3minivan
01-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Pic 2

ep3minivan
01-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Pic 3

02civicSI
01-29-2004, 03:20 PM
you do get what you pay for. i have the renova wing and the only thing that i have a problem is with that it does not sit flush with the roof like yours does. my bolts line up fine.

Peking
01-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 02civicSI
you do get what you pay for. i have the renova wing and the only thing that i have a problem is with that it does not sit flush with the roof like yours does. my bolts line up fine.

Man that sucks, I don't like it. Sorry man.

k20hatch
01-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Everyone go back to company and complain?

trk
01-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Dude... picky picky picky

The hole for the right side thread is a little off... no biggy, bolt went in fine.

The top horizontal gap goes away as you keep tightening it down more... I missed two bolt holes the first time I put it on... after I went back and added those two the fits was fine... its not perfectly flush but its not bad at all....

Your being way to finicky.

Tai

Mugen_EP
01-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Is the color off also or is it just the pic??

frentzenej11
01-29-2004, 06:56 PM
I just installed my Spoilerdepot wing today too. No digicam though:( Any way, I was pleasantly surprised with the paint job and the fit was OK. It didn't fit flush either, but it coulda been worse.;)

Brettnyt
01-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah, my spoiler depot wing went on last weekend. Fitament coulda been better... Urs looks good, ur bein gway to picky... Oh yeah, the paint on the spoiler depot one looks great... Fittament is worse than urs, but it still looks good to me... I have gotten a number of complements...

SiR_d1
01-29-2004, 07:23 PM
I think thats just the primer not the actual paint, at least I hope so for your sake.

Thanks God mines OEM;)

Civicvtec1ps
01-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Thats not even bad at all.
Just re-drill holes then put it on.
No big deal, honestly.

ep3minivan
01-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah, you guys are right I am picky. I guess I just should have forked out the extra cash for the HPF wing if I wanted it to fit perfect. I am anxious to get it painted and see how it looks. But, I think I am going to pick up the remaining pieces of the body kit and paint it all at once.

Also, if anyone modded their wing to get it to fit more flush against the back glass could they please post pics on how it turned out.

raiyo
01-29-2004, 10:23 PM
Mine did the same, the top doesnt sit flush, didnt bother me. i had the same problem with the thread, but mine was closer to the hole than yours.

chubbychu
01-29-2004, 11:34 PM
mine looks just like that...i think it looks goooood! you did drill a hole right?

STP03BlueSI
01-30-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Is the color off also or is it just the pic??

LMAO.

That spoiler is a nice lookin mold btw how much was it?