PDA

View Full Version : the winter potholes are killing me

foilpan
01-29-2004, 06:03 PM
i'm a very calm guy, mellow and amiable, even.

today, while driving to and from work, i felt the rage building inside me because my car's riding like ish and these MA roads are completely DESTROYED from the snow and arctic temperatures we've had so far this winter.

i almost want to start aiming for potholes just to put my poor suspension out of its misery. the other drivers around here suck, too

hernameis?
01-29-2004, 06:11 PM
trust me bro, Im in PA and I know EXACTLY how you feel.. only good thing is Im moving to NOVA in April so not much longer.. what I hate is when you hit a big on and you swear your gonna see a dent in the hood from where your strut just shot through

chet
01-29-2004, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by foilpan
[B]the other drivers around here suck, too

shimmy_yaz
01-29-2004, 06:26 PM
steer around the potholes :D

foilpan
01-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz

that's a great idea.

the other day, i drove over this bumpy, pothole-strewn road and asked my girlfriend if we were still above ground. it felt like i was burrowing my way to the center of the earth in one of those mining drills.

i have trouble steering around the potholes because there isn't any PAVED ROAD to drive on!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

k20whiteboi269
01-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz

lol cant see them. up here every road is snowcovered so no teling where the holes are untill you hit them. and yea winter is really getting old about now....

anjapower
01-29-2004, 06:49 PM
i feel your pain. I haven't really driven my car in a month or so, but I remember a ride I took on Rt 3 about a month back. I wanted to SELL my car at that instant. I was thinking to myself that crashing my car and breaking the suspension to pieces wouldn't be that bad of an idea. I think the fact that I was dead tired (driving at about 2 in the morning) added to it...but man, roads around here are AWFUL.

Sidenote: I took a crosscountry trip with my friends this past summer and not once did we encounter a road in disrepair, in about 2900 miles of driving until we hit MASSACHUSETTS. FUCKING WORST ROADS EVER. :mad:

staticflo
01-29-2004, 06:53 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing today driving to class. My suspension feels horrible and drving down the highway my car bounce around a lot......I think my shocks are on there way out, which sucks becuase I pay to go to school and do not have much extra cash to do anything about it...

Brettnyt
01-29-2004, 07:06 PM
Ive become a pothole dodging pro. My ride is rine, I am on 18"s, 35 series tires, and neuspeed race springs. It works great for me... Just dont go through the damn potholes.

SiRacer03
01-29-2004, 07:41 PM
I live in a desert and I don't get snow. :(

Mugen Power
01-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by chet
Believe me, drivers suck everywhere. THey absolutely lose all process of thought when bad weather hits.

That statement's wrong. Upstate NY drivers suck the most. :p

To think, they get all this snow for many months EVERY SINGLE YEAR and they STILL can't drive properly. I just don't get it... :yellm:

chet
01-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
That statement's wrong. Upstate NY drivers suck the most. :p

To think, they get all this snow for many months EVERY SINGLE YEAR and they STILL can't drive properly. I just don't get it... :yellm:

HA!!

No way, come to the midwest and deal w/these people. Chances are better in NY to actually have drivers on the road w/an I.Q. of more than 40. Indiana + snow + people behind the wheel = 0:'( :( :'(

anjapower
01-29-2004, 09:02 PM
I'm going have to disagree...western Mass drivers are the worst. But ya gotta give them a break, after all, they've only had cars for what 10 years?:D

chet
01-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by anjapower
I'm going have to disagree...western Mass drivers are the worst. But ya gotta give them a break, after all, they've only had cars for what 10 years?:D

Now that's funny!!!

foilpan
01-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by anjapower

damn! western MA always gets crapped on. it's not so bad, really.

i wonder where the hearty new englanders went, though. you know

Mugen Power
01-29-2004, 09:27 PM
No, you guys seriously have to drive in upstate NY. I'm not talking about NYC. I'm talking 300+ miles NORTH of NYC. The people up here... unbelievable. They're horrible when there ISN'T snow but when the white stuff comes, clear the way!

OK, ASSUMING that upstate NY drivers aren't the worst (fat chance :D ), it's still ridiculous how these people up here get crap loads of snow about 4-5 months out of the year and STILL CAN'T DRIVE PROPERLY IN THIS WEATHER. That in itself makes them the worst drivers out there. :D

styllinep3
01-30-2004, 05:29 AM
i fel you man pa roads SUCK, im about to do the konis cause i cant take the sitty ride on teins and shock struts. well at least on the shitty roads .

rgGolf4
01-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Hey, i'm from Western MA. I'm pretty used to being called farmers and hicks...although its the furthest from the truth. But, try telling that to someone in the Boston area...they think their shit don't stink.

MA roads are pretty damn bad. I go down some roads to get to work and its like driving over a washboard. What i hate is when they dig up the road for some free spending repairs and all they do is patch up the hole. And not even a level flat patch...its generally several inches higher or lower than the surrounding road and then it ends up sinking.

And all you MA people can thank that useless Big Dig project for eating up all the infrastructure budget. Thank God my tax dollars go to building a a hole in the harbor so the yuppies of Boston can get to Fidelity or Fleet on time for work. Damn that pisses me off so bad. Living 80 miles away just adds to the anger...I will never use that damn tunnel!

DoMahMeGok
01-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by rgGolf4
Hey, i'm from Western MA. I'm pretty used to being called farmers and hicks...although its the furthest from the truth. But, try telling that to someone in the Boston area...they think their shit don't stink.

MA roads are pretty damn bad. I go down some roads to get to work and its like driving over a washboard. What i hate is when they dig up the road for some free spending repairs and all they do is patch up the hole. And not even a level flat patch...its generally several inches higher or lower than the surrounding road and then it ends up sinking.

And all you MA people can thank that useless Big Dig project for eating up all the infrastructure budget. Thank God my tax dollars go to building a a hole in the harbor so the yuppies of Boston can get to Fidelity or Fleet on time for work. Damn that pisses me off so bad. Living 80 miles away just adds to the anger...I will never use that damn tunnel!

Yea that big dig tunnel is pretty shitty, the new southbound tunnel which they opened isnt even completed yet so you end up driving most of the way thru the new tunnel before it hits the old tunnel again, which has little hills going through it. Now coming from the new tunnel im going about 50-60, I have to slow down to liek 20/30 to get over these bumps without scraping, while those gas guzzling suvs fly over them like its nothing. pisses me off sometimesThose of you that travel 93 regullary know what im talking about. 10years and billions later they cant make the road level. ohyea i read in the newspaper like 2wks ago quoting mass port athorities can't find those hills on 93

DoMahMeGok
01-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by rgGolf4

Yea that big dig tunnel is pretty shitty, the new southbound tunnel which they opened isnt even completed yet so you end up driving most of the way thru the new tunnel before it hits the old tunnel again, which has little hills going through it. Now coming from the new tunnel im going about 50-60, I have to slow down to liek 20/30 to get over these bumps without scraping, while those gas guzzling suvs fly over them like its nothing. pisses me off sometimesThose of you that travel 93 regullary know what im talking about. 10years and billions later they cant make the road level. ohyea i read in the newspaper like 2wks ago quoting mass port athorities can't find those hills on 93

SilentGiant
01-31-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by SiRacer03
I live in a desert and I don't get snow. :(

umm well the novelty wears off pretty quick...

teejoh
02-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by hernameis?
trust me bro, Im in PA and I know EXACTLY how you feel.. only good thing is Im moving to NOVA in April so not much longer.. what I hate is when you hit a big on and you swear your gonna see a dent in the hood from where your strut just shot through

....in NOVA the potholes may not be the issue but your car being there when you wake up in the morning will:p

David L.
02-01-2004, 03:11 PM
I feel ya bro. I am from R.I. and i get the same way. You cant even see the things half the time. I actually hit one the other day that I thought the F***ing wheel broke off. The road conditions are the reason that I wont drop the $ for a body kit cause it will probably get broken the first day that I put it on.