PDA

View Full Version : The best of the best...

j0nb0y22
09-26-2002, 08:19 AM
I am going to do the standard i/h/e upgrades to my ep and i was wondering what you guys thought were the best. For the intake i was thinking comptech (although i cannot find a place to order it from) or aem. I dont know if i want to get a CAI or just a short ram though. I had an iceman CAI on my neon (yea yea, i dont wanna hear it) and i always had problems on rainy days with it taking in water. I dont want that to be an issue with my Si. For the header i have no idea what i want. There really isnt that many options out there right now and i want a good one. and as for the exhaust i was thinking 2.25 piping (mandrel bent if i can find a place to do it) and an apexi n1 muffler. What do you guys think? comments/questions/sugguestions?

hacim
09-26-2002, 08:25 AM
Good job droping the Neon.

j0nb0y22
09-26-2002, 08:28 AM
haha, thanks. i gotta give it some credit though. its not as bad as some people make it out to be.

j0nb0y22
09-26-2002, 05:08 PM
C'mon guys....if anyone knows you do! Let me know what you think.

SpeedRacer
09-26-2002, 05:13 PM
DC has a header available for your car right now that should be good.

esmith13
09-26-2002, 05:15 PM
I like the Typhoon SRI from K&N. No worries on the water issue and rated better by owners than any other SRI.

A header is mainly just a pipe, so the minute differences between the available brands is mostly irrellivant (sp). HP Racing has two versions that are VERY affordable -- one polished and one ceramic (better heat dissapation). It has not been proven that the comptech header is any better, but it is 4 times the cost!! BTW the hp racing one is listed as being for the base RSX.

Exhaust is pretty much one you need to choose to your taste. Some of us just have a midpipe, some a weld on exhaust, some both. Others like me have a complete cat-back. I chose the Thermal Stealth for looks and performance, but in the area of exhausts I would not be suprised if the longer you wait the better the choices will be.

Hope this helps you a little. This is all just my opinion, of course...

02TafWhtSi
09-26-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
I chose the Thermal Stealth for looks and performance

So what do you think of it now that you actually have it installed?

SpeedRacer
09-26-2002, 05:32 PM
he thinks it is the best thing in the world/ He like filling it up with water when it is hot and putting his dick in it. He says it feals good and he can have sex with his car.

esmith13
09-26-2002, 05:34 PM
I am VERY happy with it. :D

My friends tell me it's not loud enough, but it is VERY deep and throaty!!

I, however, bought it for performance... And you CAN feel the difference!!

I also have not notice and power drop off like others have mentioned with outer exhaust solutions....

All in all, I would recommend it highly to anyone that's main concern is performance... not rattling windows rollin' down the block....

esmith13
09-26-2002, 05:36 PM
SpeedRacer,

Bite Me. :D

You high or sumpin' ??? ;)

SpeedRacer
09-26-2002, 05:36 PM
just a little high on life man

esmith13
09-26-2002, 05:38 PM
That's cool, dude...

It's all good :cool:

SpeedRacer
09-26-2002, 05:41 PM
right on i was just kidding anyways i hope you know. i didn't meen to offend you or nothing.