PDA

View Full Version : DIM headlights, poss. prob?

civic hatch boi
01-30-2004, 01:38 AM
my headlights seem way too dim to be normal. at night, i can barely see anything, and even when i high beam, it makes very little difference. any ideas what could be wrong? i have no audio extras, nothing like that. would my ground wires have anything to do with it? thnx in advance.

STP03BlueSI
01-30-2004, 06:12 AM
LInk on K-Series.com (http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=BRIGHTER_LIGHTS) There you go!;) :D

fsugatorbait
01-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
my headlights seem way too dim to be normal. at night, i can barely see anything, and even when i high beam, it makes very little difference. any ideas what could be wrong? i have no audio extras, nothing like that. would my ground wires have anything to do with it? thnx in advance.

Post some pics of your lights. I havent heard of anyone else noticing a difference in light output after spraying their headlights. Is there possibly any film left on the the inside of the outer cover? I know around here in the winter, we gotta keep the lights clean or the output goes to shit with all the sand and salt that collects on them, but Im gonna assume that wouldnt be a problem for you. Also check to make sure that all three tabs of the bulb itself are seated correctly in the housing so that the bulb isnt angled at all. If all else fails, id go with the higher wattage harness. HTH

Si4U2NV
01-30-2004, 01:11 PM
my headlights seem way too dim to be normal. at night, i can barely see anything, and even when i high beam, it makes very little difference. any ideas what could be wrong? i have no audio extras, nothing like that. would my ground wires have anything to do with it? thnx in advance

i had and now HAVE again this problem with the relays for the headlight, one was loose (a while back) and caused my headlights to be on, but like halfway lit, kinda brownish... about a week ago after i fixed the relay (by bending the tab so it would touch better) it started again... but the thing is, itz only my drivers side one. my passenger one is white as ever. i tried fixin the relay again but it wont work... dunnoz what it is... thing is... when i turn on my high beams, theyre both working and SUPER bright...

WTF?

And...

(DID I HELP ANY??)

-Mike

civic hatch boi
01-30-2004, 04:01 PM
thnx for ur help guys... i checked out my headlights... the headlights themselves are SUPER SUPER DIM. i can stare right at them, and it looks like its barely lit... the only bright part is the reflector above the bulb... is that normal??

SF-SI-02
02-05-2004, 07:43 PM
I am starting to suspect a problem Mine sucked and I bought the SUVLIGHTS harness, whic hhelped a lot, but this evening I noticed BOTH of my low beams had burned out! I put the stock ones back in and they worked fine (i.e. bulb was shot). I heard this happened to someone with the stock harness the other day on this forum... its really very frustrating. I highly recommend the suvlights harness though, it made things MUCH brighter.

Graywolf
02-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Ive got the harness, I just need ma car back