PDA

View Full Version : H&r Or Progress?!!?!? Can't Decide!

ViViDPeArL
01-30-2004, 10:11 AM
i like both the drops, but i can't decide which one to go with. I've sat in a car with progress before and it was okay, i wasn't in it too long...It's stiff but that's what a good suspension is suppose to be... What do you guys think? H&R or Progress?

chet
01-30-2004, 10:16 AM
I've never owner H&R's, so I won't say anything bad about them. But the Progress springs were a great ride!! I have lower back problems and they're not as stiff as you may think. No noise at all. I'll be honest and say that I like the ride of the Progress springs and stock struts better than the KW V2's. They're pretty stiff.

I had the Progress springs on my ride for nearly a year.

SiRacer03
01-30-2004, 11:42 AM
I too have Progress Springs. The ride is nice and almost like stock ride. The drop is nice, it gets rid of the huge wheel gap. If you don't want to cut your bumpstops, you should get H&R's. I didn't cut mine but the instructions say so, so when my ride hits harsh bumps, it hits the bumpstops. If you do get Progress, make sure you cut the bumpstops if you want a nicer ride.

IIx 03 EP xII
01-30-2004, 12:59 PM
go for the H&R's... i dont know how much the Progress springs are... but the H&R's are like 155 shipped i think?! i got mine off ebay for not so quite a good deal i guess... 130 shipped, but they are practically brand new!

dtexan
01-30-2004, 03:20 PM
I just ordered the progress springs from showstoppers I've heard really good things about them and didnt want to go as low as the HR's. IF you want a lower stance I would go with HR

frentzenej11
01-30-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by dtexan
I just ordered the progress springs from showstoppers I've heard really good things about them and didnt want to go as low as the HR's. IF you want a lower stance I would go with HR

Even though H&R advertises a lower stance, they probably end up the same anyway. Compared to 02SilverSIHB's Progress springs his drop seemed lower! Over a month and there is still a solid two finger gap with stock whels and tires. Ride is great too:D

Zero Three Si
01-30-2004, 08:24 PM
H&R's all the way...it's an aggressive drop but not quite as aggressive as Neuspeed.

ViViDPeArL
01-30-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by dtexan

how much were they if you don't mind me asking?

dtexan
01-30-2004, 08:45 PM
$139 shipped I ordered a set of JDM red H's and the total was $202

chubbychu
01-31-2004, 01:57 AM
yea...go for h&r it drops nicely. and after it settles, its the same drop as progress. The ride is a tiny bit stiffer than stock but you will definitely feel it over the bumps.

but, i dont know about progress, so yea....

chunky
01-31-2004, 08:33 AM
h&r has an even drop front & rear. the drop was a perfect 2.0" all around for me, and no sagging thus far.

the progress I know will give the rear more drop than the front, just like the sportlines.

H&R for sure.

/-/O/\/D/\ EP3
01-31-2004, 09:10 PM
what about Neuspeed Race Springs??? 2.25 F, 2.00 R:D

Low Rider
01-31-2004, 09:24 PM
Neither... Spoon, Mugen or Buddy Club!!!:D

ViViDPeArL
01-31-2004, 09:46 PM
is 2 inches to low for our car? i never thought about neuspeed race...i had their sport springs and those were great...

Peking
01-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by ViViDPeArL
is 2 inches to low for our car? i never thought about neuspeed race...i had their sport springs and those were great...

There are a good bunch of us rolling with that drop. I would really worry at 3" or more.

ViViDPeArL
02-03-2004, 09:53 PM
i got H&Rs today...LOVE THE RIDE! just like stock...one problem..one side sits higher than the other....how long does it take for the springs to wear themselves in?

Peking
02-03-2004, 10:23 PM
i got H&Rs today...LOVE THE RIDE! just like stock...one problem..one side sits higher than the other....how long does it take for the springs to wear themselves in?

Do you mean settle? I was told about a week, then to get an ailignment.

ViViDPeArL
02-03-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Do you mean settle? I was told about a week, then to get an ailignment.

yeah settle...i'm too tired...drove like 150 miles today...i'm beat.

ViViDPeArL
02-03-2004, 10:25 PM
btw, any of you guys put grease on the spring? mine makes noises when i turn...or does that go away later?

Peking
02-03-2004, 10:43 PM
btw, any of you guys put grease on the spring? mine makes noises when i turn...or does that go away later?

When you got some time read this, this thread will help a bunch.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25598

Zero Three Si
02-04-2004, 01:41 PM
My squeeks went away. Mine settled in about a day or so.

ViViDPeArL
02-04-2004, 01:49 PM
mine is evening out too...so good stuff! highly recommended...it's actually not too stiff...feels jsut a tad stiffer than stock and when you go over hard bumps...my squeeks are going away too...it squeeks only when your at a dead stop and turning the wheel, or turning real slow

Zero Three Si
02-04-2004, 02:01 PM
mine is evening out too...so good stuff! highly recommended...it's actually not too stiff...feels jsut a tad stiffer than stock and when you go over hard bumps...my squeeks are going away too...it squeeks only when your at a dead stop and turning the wheel, or turning real slow

It's a huge difference then stock, don't ya think? I couldn't believe how well the car drove when it was lowered. I've had my springs on for about 3 1/2 months now and I would probably trade my car if I had to go back to stock.

Throw a rear sway bar on too and she how she still even improves more. I'm getting the neuspeed strut tower next so I'm sure that the car will REALLY ride like a champ then.

DENNISi03
02-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Quick question i just got the h&R's but i did not buy any new shocks are you guys still running stock shocks or should i definitly get new shocks before i install

Peking
02-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by DENNISi03
Quick question i just got the h&R's but i did not buy any new shocks are you guys still running stock shocks or should i definitly get new shocks before i install

Most of us don't have aftermarket shocks. Please do a search, there are many threads that go into much more detail about this.

ViViDPeArL
02-11-2004, 10:06 PM
i'm on stock shocks as tokico has not relased a shock set for the ep

DENNISi03
02-12-2004, 10:08 AM
f it im getting a camber kit and putting them on i got to see what they look like in person

Definitely need a camber kit
Might be a stupid question but after i put the springs and camber kit on should i do an alignment or should i wait and till the springs settle and then do the alignment

JDQuikCivic
03-10-2004, 11:11 AM
I've owned H&R springs on all my cars. I have a set of H&R's for my EP, can't wait until I put them in. H&R's are the best and give a nice low stance and a comfortable ride that is way more responsive than stock height. I give those springs 5 thumbs up