PDA

View Full Version : rubbing noises when nothings rubbing

i-vtec
01-31-2004, 11:28 AM
Yeah I have my ep dropped on some ground control coilovers with some 18's and it was driving ok. One day im on the freeway sounds like i hit something now everytime i turn it makes some rubbing noise, but nothing rubbing. Anybody have any idea why its doing that. I start the car and it takes awhile to start doing it but when it does it continues. Any of your eps doing it.

could it be low on power steering fluid
could it be the coilovers

dtexan
01-31-2004, 02:15 PM
Our car has electric stearing no pumps or liquid involved

Peking
01-31-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by dtexan
Our car has electric stearing no pumps or liquid involved

LOL, sorry. What size tires. Also how low are you dropped?

k20hatch
01-31-2004, 02:56 PM
I have ground control coilovers with 18's. I havnt heard that noise b4 and im pretty low. I just have the occational popping noise!

dofu
01-31-2004, 03:20 PM
for a while, i thought it was my steering tie rod, like all those posts are talkin bout... but now, after installing new suspension, i'm pretty sure iz the passenger side cv joint/boot assembly. too broke to do anything about it right now tho. but it makes a lot of noises when i brake or turn too hard.

i-vtec
01-31-2004, 05:08 PM
well the electric steering explains why i couldnt find the power steering fluid. Yeah i was just really hoping that would be it cause all i would have to do is just put some in but nothing is ever that easy or cheap. well right now my ep is uneven has two 18s on the left and two steelies on the right. two rims messed up and i sold my si rims and i didnt have enough steelies for all four. Yeah I hope my cv joints arent messed up cause thats going to costs a grip. Yeah the drop shouldnt be the reason since it was driving fine before. yeah im going to see what could be the problem, but im clueless. yeah asked just in case you guys eps did that and what to do. thanks though.

glw
02-01-2004, 02:22 AM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13S5S01_B28.gif

tighten nut #14 and grease the top of #8. both are very easy to do...

nut = open hood and wrench it holding shaft of #5/6 with allen wrench.

grease = jack up the car, reach above the wheel to pull down the boot, grease the top using your fingers, push boot up, unjack the car, and do the other side the same way.

ps: i also had to shorten #8 by trimming about an inch of the bottom with scissors. you might want to try it, too becasue i think this could be your problem.

raiyo
02-01-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Peking
LOL, sorry. What size tires. Also how low are you dropped?

Yup same question.

My rear tires rub on the liner when I turn, but not all the time. There is like a 1" inch gap and it still rubs.

Low Rider
02-01-2004, 05:18 AM
I think you should start with checking your alignment, chamber, toe in toe out etc. You said that all this shit started happening after you hit something. Start with the basics and gradually eliminate... Good luck!!!:D

dofu
02-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
Yup same question.

My rear tires rub on the liner when I turn, but not all the time. There is like a 1" inch gap and it still rubs.

not sure if this would be the same fix for you, but if you hit something, it might jus be your wheel needs balance... that fixed my prob once...

i-vtec
02-02-2004, 10:08 AM
cool thanks a lot yeah im going grease and tight and hopefully it goes away if not balance and align. thanks for the advice everyone