PDA

View Full Version : HKS muffler/Magnaflow midpipe etc.

IIx 03 EP xII
01-31-2004, 02:43 PM
alright, well... my dad is complaining about how loud my exhaust is, and he wants something that is not so loud. so here is my idea: could i get an HKS hi-power muffler and weld that onto my magnaflow midpipe and what not?! so this way i could use a silencer that the HKS hi-power will come with? or is there anybody that will trade? or anybody that is selling their HKS? i need some help... would my idea make it quieter? and will it still sound decent? and can it still be welded on at that diagonal?

Peking
01-31-2004, 02:48 PM
What kind of exhaust do you have now??? Magnaflow??? He thinks that is loud. What you want is possible, but your dad should understand not worth the difference for paying more money IMO.

dtexan
01-31-2004, 02:55 PM
How long have you had the magnaflow? I know mine quited down after time..

Peking
01-31-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by dtexan
How long have you had the magnaflow? I know mine quited down after time..

When when more crap builds up inside the pipe and muffler.

dtexan
01-31-2004, 03:09 PM
Yeah I noticed after the last dyno day we had it was louder on the way home. I guess all the crap got blown out on the dyno

Civicvtec1ps
01-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Sell your maganaflow then just get custom mid pipe.
HKS is loud as hell.

IIx 03 EP xII
01-31-2004, 05:24 PM
well right now i have magnaflow... i guess the only reason he thinks it is loud cuz when i leave for school in the morning and it is ice cold... so it alot louder than normal. which is louder... magnaflow or hks w/ silencer? well... ill see if he is willing to pay for the quietness.

DyNastySi
01-31-2004, 05:38 PM
I would try taking it to a muffler shop. Tell them to see if they can cut and weld a resonator for you. I think that would be the cheapest thing to do.

Peking
01-31-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by DyNastySi
I would try taking it to a muffler shop. Tell them to see if they can cut and weld a resonator for you. I think that would be the cheapest thing to do.

Doesn't Magnaflow already have a resonator?

DyNastySi
01-31-2004, 09:49 PM
hmmm...scratch that idea then. Doesnt a turbo make ur exhaust quieter?

03EP3SiHB
01-31-2004, 10:02 PM
HKS with silencer is still bassy, I have HKS and it still makes car alarms trip in my neighborhood.

IIx 03 EP xII
01-31-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by DyNastySi
hmmm...scratch that idea then. Doesnt a turbo make ur exhaust quieter?

haha.. good idea... i wish i could convince my dad of that... and that the price is worth it!!

Siman
02-04-2004, 12:17 PM
I used to run the HKS Hiper universal N/A muffler and 2.25 midpiping, it wasnt THAT loud, but it was one of the best sounding exhaust my friends had EVER heard on a civic, and i save 200 bucks by making my own custom setup! Really Growly burbly type of tone! No Buzzy rice tone to it, you get what you pay for!

P.S. the HKS muffler doesnt come with a silencer, you must buy it seperate.:D

master7
02-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
alright, well... my dad is complaining about how loud my exhaust is, and he wants something that is not so loud.

So I take it its really yr dads car he pays for it and just lets you drive it? HEck how about if he said one day "i dont like civic si's anymore"-- would you have to get rid of it. or do you have the right to tell him thats his opinion and if he dont like yr car he dont have to ride in it? ...just a question

I hear so many people on this board tell what someone else said they didn't like or want on the si but who really is the owner of the car?

And by the way i have a magnaflow exhaust and after you break it in good its not that loud- i sometimes have to almost redline her to get the full oh..sh!t look from people around me. just my $ 305.00 dollar opinion..by the way thats how much i paid for my bad ass magnaflow!!!! one of the best bangs for the buck!!!

IIx 03 EP xII
02-05-2004, 01:01 PM
well... it is MY car... but my dad pays for it, and most of the mods.... therefore he has some say in it. i mean... is it that bad that he thinks it is loud? if he would pay for another 'not so loud' exhaust? i dont think its that bad?!

i love the way my exhaust sounds, and most the time i tell him to just not worry about it and dont drive/ride in my car. and if he ever said that he didnt like civic si's... then i would not get rid of it, besides he didnt really like the car when he bought it for me... he didnt buy the car for himself, he bought it for me.

ive had my magnaflow for about 3000 miles i guess?? im not really sure... so how long does it take for it to 'break in'? cuz the only time it is really noticably loud is when it is cold, then it is almost annoying to me.

master7
02-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Do you have an intake on her?

And yeah thats true... when its cold outside she may run louder, but nothing like some def con 3 eardrum blower-

Check and make sure everything is tight underneath.

The exhaust may not get broke in the same on every car...

Heck drive it like you stole it.... break her back in real good, she'll quite down or either you'll go deaf then the loudness want matter anymore...(*_*)

master7
02-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Do you have an intake on her?

And yeah thats true... when its cold outside she may run louder, but nothing like some def con 3 eardrum blower-

Check and make sure everything is tight underneath.

The exhaust may not get broke in the same on every car...

Heck drive it like you stole it.... break her back in real good, she'll quite down or either you'll go deaf then the loudness want matter anymore...(*_*)

IIx 03 EP xII
02-05-2004, 04:27 PM
ive got an AEM V2. and i know everything is tightened down below real good... i made sure of that. nothing rattles or anything, its awesome. my dad has gotten over it now anyways.

i usually drive it like i stole it... or at least a few times a week, but i got a ticket yesterday doing 63 in a 45... so im gonna be slowing it down for a lil while.

master7
02-06-2004, 07:49 AM
Damn , sorry to hear that with the ticket. I am fighting a red light one right now..dag on state trooper said i ran a light. Good luck wit it.

Yo quick question how is that AEM V2 working for you- i have a reg AEM CAI. Was it hard to install/ does it have a by pass valve? how does it sound/ and the gains? and the big ? how much did you pay for her?

IIx 03 EP xII
02-06-2004, 02:38 PM
the V2 is amazing... its loud but it sounds beautiful. it is more of a short ram... so it was easy to install pretty much... and no bypass valve. YEAH!. next on my list is a radar detector!