PDA

View Full Version : mugen suspension drop

Si Death
02-02-2004, 09:16 AM
will this setup give me a drop that is lower than the ctr stock drop??

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-02-2004, 10:44 AM
It will be about the same, maybe a little lower. Click the link in my sig to see a few pics.

SiR_d1
02-02-2004, 01:52 PM
its a 1.5" drop whereas the CTR is only 1.0" lower than ours stock

03EP3SiHB
02-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Damn, why pay all that money for a 2 finger gap?????? looks nice but the car don't look all that good still looks like a 4X4, sorry. Nice looking car though ;)

Whiteboy
02-02-2004, 02:01 PM
You're right 03EP3SiHB, maybe he should have just bought some springs so his stock shocks would blowout and ride like shit. I didn't buy Mugen ONLY because I liked how it looks, but because the quality and performance is amazing, and if I'm going to lower my car I want to do it once and do it right. Basics were my 2nd choice, first for a while actually, but from the sounds and the hell Type X has been through with fixing them I chose Mugen.

SiR_d1
02-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Mugens have a similar TEIN/EIBACH SPORTLINES drop but with Mugen quality shocks.

Perfect setup IMO

03EP3SiHB
02-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Whiteboy
You're right 03EP3SiHB, maybe he should have just bought some springs so his stock shocks would blowout and ride like shit. I didn't buy Mugen ONLY because I liked how it looks, but because the quality and performance is amazing, and if I'm going to lower my car I want to do it once and do it right. Basics were my 2nd choice, first for a while actually, but from the sounds and the hell Type X has been through with fixing them I chose Mugen.

i didn't knock your guys' Mugen suspension, I know it is good stuff, but the drop is not significant. I am actually working with KYB with their new AGX Shocks adn Struts which will be available in August. I am personally going with the Ground Control Coilovers and KYB AGX's all around. I was just saying that the drop is not that low, that's all whiteboy, okay??? You understand me, d00d???? ;)

Hatch, Si Hatch
02-02-2004, 02:35 PM
Yea, the Mugens aren't the setup you want if you want the slammed look. One of the reasons I wanted them is because I knew it wouldn't drop the car much. With the roads I have to deal with everyday, I couldn't have gone with much more of a drop. I auto-x every month and swap my 18's out with the stockies w/ Falken Azenis. Once that is done the lower profile of the Azenis makes the car another 1/2" to a 1" lower, and I really have to be careful then.

03EP3SiHB
02-02-2004, 02:59 PM
that's cool, I auto-x too, I am running 15" Buddy Clubs with Azenis'. Anyways Mugen is good, but not for me I guess.....