PDA

View Full Version : clutch?

ravenings
09-26-2002, 05:26 PM
Hi all,
I've been learning to rev match when I upshift and downshift...and my difficulty is that the clutch seems to engage during the last 10% of the clutch travel...that is to say...when I depress the clutch and gradually let it go, the clutch begin to engage after I've let go of 90% of the clutch. So my question is, when do I blip the throttle? Do I start to blip the throttle immediately after I start letting go of the clutch (100% depressed)? Or do I start blipping the throttle when the clutch actually engages (10% depressed)?

Thanks!

in His love,
HS

SpeedRacer
09-26-2002, 05:31 PM
well if you practice my double clutch technique you will be set.

j/k hhehehe um blip the throttle when ever it feals comfortable for you. It dosn't need to be 100% depressed though that is for sure

civic hatch boi
09-26-2002, 09:17 PM
hjust don't blip the throttle while the clutch is engaged. wears ur clutch more. better when it's depressed :) or. better yet. not in gear(the correct way)

ArcticBlueRsx
09-26-2002, 09:51 PM
blip the throttle as you push the clutch in (disengage the clutch)...give it a few "blips" then release clutch....it just takes practice..to tell you the truth i can't do it for beans...lol..so i just do it the ghetto way..not sure if this is good for my clutch/tranny...i dont think it is..lol..but all i do is put clutch in..shift into the selected gear...then slowly engage the clutch....i forgot where i read it from..but our trannys automatically match the revs or something? (triple cone syncros sticks out in my head right now....)

ravenings
09-27-2002, 01:09 AM
by not rev matching correctly, will I be wearing out the synchros or the clutch or are they the same thing? And if so, how much does it typically cost to replace/install the factory clutch or synchros?

I've been jerking in to each gear cus I don't know how to rev match yet.

Thanks!

in His love,
HS

ArcticBlueRsx
09-27-2002, 12:31 PM
i think you wear out the both....the syncros i'd have to imagine would cost an arm and a leg...however the first time it goes bad on you, Honda should replace it for free (as long as its under warranty still) but on the 2nd time...it'll be on you....

todaCspec
09-27-2002, 12:47 PM
2nd time will mean your ass don't know how to drive stick or just pure abuse. happen to two of my friends(00 si & 98 ex).