PDA

View Full Version : Seibon vs VIS?

4g63dsm
02-02-2004, 07:22 PM
I really want a buddy club hood and as far as i know vis doesn't make one. So i was just wondering how the quality of seibon hoods compare to VIS? Do they fade? how is the fit? WHere to get one from and price.I know there was a group buy here a while ago but it never went through.

ep3hatchattack
02-02-2004, 07:24 PM
GO VIS, OR GO HOME ;)

I put mine on today and its beautiful, i would post pics but everyones got em on the forums anywho........

RacingCivicSi02
02-02-2004, 07:28 PM
I've never seen seibon hood before. but Vis Racing is one of the best hoods out there. They're weaving is beautiful.

Civicvtec1ps
02-02-2004, 08:47 PM
I am extremly happy with VIS cf spoiler.

k20hatch
02-02-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
I am extremly happy with VIS cf spoiler.

I 2nd that!! Very happy with mine to!

4g63dsm
02-02-2004, 09:22 PM
ok guys I KNOW THAT VIS IS GOOD QUALITY, but i ant a buddy club hood and want to know if seibon is as good as vis. i have a really good picture of it on the spoon ep but its too big to post.

SuperRacerTypeR
02-02-2004, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
[B]GO VIS, OR GO HOME ;)

Dude i totally agree, go for VIS! or go home, i got seibon type-R side skirts and its hella crapy, doesn't fit right, which made me very unhappy:'(

fsugatorbait
02-03-2004, 12:29 PM
I have the Seibon Mugen CF hood. Perfect fitment, couldnt be happier with the quality. I guess only time will tell with how well it holds up.

Brettnyt
02-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by SuperRacerTypeR
[B] i got seibon type-R side skirts and its hella crapy, doesn't fit right, which made me very unhappy:'(

Izz, Izz.... Drop a beat playa...

k20hatch
02-03-2004, 04:52 PM
i got seibon type-R side skirts and its hella crapy, doesn't fit right, which made me very unhappy '

Yo tight rhyme mane! Holla....

Haha i bet he didnt even kno he did! That was funny!

03silverEP
02-03-2004, 04:54 PM
seibon, my buddy has a vis hood...it's okay, not something i'd be happy with on my car though, or if they make it fiber images would be the best

Peking
02-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
I really want a buddy club hood and as far as i know vis doesn't make one. So i was just wondering how the quality of seibon hoods compare to VIS? Do they fade? how is the fit? WHere to get one from and price.I know there was a group buy here a while ago but it never went through.

I have seen Seibon products on older hatches. It's nice, yet I have two products that are from VIS. I have not seen anything Seibon has made for the EP. So I would say go for the VIS products.

beansbear
02-03-2004, 06:16 PM
good luck trying to actually find a shop that HAS the buddy club Seibon hood.

When I tried, even the Seibon had no idea when they would get them in. I finally gave up after months of waiting.

SuperRacerTypeR
02-03-2004, 11:04 PM
:)hahaha. i glad u guys like my rhimes, i try to do that more, from time to time. peace! Vis!

Kis4KEN
02-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by SuperRacerTypeR
[B]GO VIS, OR GO HOME ;)

Dude i totally agree, go for VIS! or go home, i got seibon type-R side skirts and its hella crapy, doesn't fit right, which made me very unhappy:'(

my VIS hood is fading

4g63dsm
02-04-2004, 12:52 AM
really? damn? i thought that VIS had some unique type of new gel UV protection.

Kis4KEN
02-04-2004, 12:59 AM
thats wut they say, but when you look at my hood at a certain angle... you see patches of dis color. not worth the $450

KimchiBoy_TypeR
02-04-2004, 02:34 AM
I would deffinently go with Siebon if I had the noney:( But I am going to settle for the VIS cause Im on a Budget. IF price is no option get the Siebon!!!

EMI
02-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
really? damn? i thought that VIS had some unique type of new gel UV protection.

hahahahaha--- yeah it is normal uv protected boat gel coat that almost 95% of all carbon companies use. Vis is some of the best false advertiseres because the consumer can never tell the difference. Exspecially if you compare the materials they use, which are hand me down second quality that other companies discharge of. Plus when they use stuff such as elmers glue and spray paint to hide flaws, instead of making a good product they try and hide flaws on crappy products

4g63dsm
02-05-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by EMI
hahahahaha--- yeah it is normal uv protected boat gel coat that almost 95% of all carbon companies use. Vis is some of the best false advertiseres because the consumer can never tell the difference. Exspecially if you compare the materials they use, which are hand me down second quality that other companies discharge of. Plus when they use stuff such as elmers glue and spray paint to hide flaws, instead of making a good product they try and hide flaws on crappy products what brand would you recomend? seibon?

civicracer1128
02-05-2004, 07:57 AM
well, i can tell you one thing. fiberimages is the best. i had one on my EK and no complaints. its just about the strongest hood in existance(download video from theyre site) and it looks great too. only problem is they realilzed they could get more so now they charge like 600+ per hood which is more than ill have to spend.