PDA

View Full Version : KEEPING CARBON FIBER SHINY AND NEW

ep3hatchattack
02-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Since it seems like this question is popping up alot i think this should be a sticky...........

To take care of your carbon fiber, hood, lip, wing, hatch, etx, the best thing you can do is to:

1. Wax it every 1-2 weeks with a Mequiars or Zymol wax.
2. Wash it at least once a week to keep the wax job top notch.
3. Once every 4 months claybar it real good with a nice clay bar.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-02-2004, 08:49 PM
the first thing im gonna do when my fiber images kit comes in is go out and buy some good wax and a clay bar and what not. i have some meguiar's gold class liquid wax... is that good for it? and what kind of clay bar can i get at my local auto zone/discount auto parts... cuz there arent too many detail shops around panama city beach.

ep3hatchattack
02-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Meguairs will always be agood product, and as for the clay bar i believe maquiars makes one as well that is good, if not im sure a worker at the store can give advice, i dont know whats there so i cant tell ya, but also i recommend checking out ebay for some great prices for great products. thanks, dave

AkronSi
02-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
the first thing im gonna do when my fiber images kit comes in is go out and buy some good wax and a clay bar and what not. i have some meguiar's gold class liquid wax... is that good for it? and what kind of clay bar can i get at my local auto zone/discount auto parts... cuz there arent too many detail shops around panama city beach.

Try Mothers or Clay Magic. Both make great bars.

Peking
02-03-2004, 08:35 AM
Also for easy access :)

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27907

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28804

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24735

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15381

More info :D

ep3hatchattack
02-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh Peking always on the ball..... hehe ;)

Peking
02-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
Oh Peking always on the ball..... hehe ;)

Trying my best to stay on it, it's getting tricky though. Send a mod a pm to make this a sticky.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-21-2004, 10:43 PM
alright, well my lip kit is being put on right now... and i want to know a list of the best products to use so i can keep my lip kit looking good. i dont care if they are available locally, ill order something online if i have to, i just want THE BEST for my car. and also the steps to use them... puh puh puh please.

Peking
02-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
alright, well my lip kit is being put on right now... and i want to know a list of the best products to use so i can keep my lip kit looking good. i dont care if they are available locally, ill order something online if i have to, i just want THE BEST for my car. and also the steps to use them... puh puh puh please.

I like anything from Mothers. Just follow what the directions say is pretty much it. Use very soft towels and/or cloths.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-22-2004, 11:37 AM
thanks man... im going out tomorrow to search for some mothers stuff.

Ep3 No.2
03-09-2004, 06:41 PM
best wax for me from 1st hand is the new mequiars next gen. wax. out of zymol, mothers, and eagle 1 (wax as u dry) the next gen one left the deepest and nicest shine out of the 3. but thats my 2 cents.

k20hatch
03-14-2004, 12:54 PM
Ahhhhh i was gonna ask a question until i read the last thing, used the clay bar! Good stickey!!

IIx 03 EP xII
03-14-2004, 09:11 PM
i waxed my car on friday w/ that meguiars 3 step deep crystal wax. its three steps, and the 1st step is the paint cleaner, 2nd step is the polish, and the 3rd step is the carnuba wax. i didnt use the 1st to steps on my carbon fiber cuz i wasnt sure if it would hurt it or not... but just the wax on the carbon fiber made it sooo shiny i could see myself perfectly. and as for the rest of the car... it worked sooo good, and it is as smooth as a baby's bottom.

aRz
03-14-2004, 09:40 PM
thanx for the info i got a vis cf hood not to long ago
ill be waxing next wash;)

aRz
03-14-2004, 09:44 PM
ill be using..NXT Tech Wax (miguires) Its the Good-Stuff:angel:

k20hatch
03-14-2004, 10:16 PM
The white specks on the outside of carbon fiber...can you removed them with the clay bars? anyone kno what im talking about?

Ep3 No.2
03-15-2004, 12:00 AM
i have to agree with arz
nxt wax is best wax ive used so far.

aRz
03-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Thankyou Sir, really is good wax, DymondBoy2f' told me about it.

Ep3 No.2
03-23-2004, 01:21 AM
dont laugh. but i thought clay bar was wax ?
whats the diff between that and liquid wax ?
i thought they were the same thing just as liquid and paste.
can someone let me know whats the deal ?

aRz
03-23-2004, 10:34 AM
ive used both, dymondboy2f and i both waxed the hoods w/ the spray wax i was happy w/ the results but it does'nt compare w/ the liquid wax, i got the wax and a few other goodies at discout, after washing my car at a freids house we waxed my hood and it came out SoOoo nIce
i desided to do the whole car. i love that wax

It Smells good Too..:angel:

sd_ep3
05-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by k20hatch
The white specks on the outside of carbon fiber...can you removed them with the clay bars? anyone kno what im talking about?

good question. does anybody know? i have that shit also.

Ep3 No.2
05-09-2004, 11:20 AM
i only got the white specks on my mugen c/f spoiler. looks super ugly up close, any one now how or if that stuff even comes out ?

Peking
05-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
i only got the white specks on my mugen c/f spoiler. looks super ugly up close, any one now how or if that stuff even comes out ?

White spots on the clear coat (or in it)? Or is it below the coat?

Ep3 No.2
05-13-2004, 10:35 AM
looks like in. i dont think u can take it out but if it does even better lol

AkronSi
05-14-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Ep3 No.2
dont laugh. but i thought clay bar was wax ?
whats the diff between that and liquid wax ?
i thought they were the same thing just as liquid and paste.
can someone let me know whats the deal ?

A clay bar is designed to remove paint overspray and industrial contamination. It's flexible, like a kneadable eraser. You use the clay bar with some quick detailing spray or soapy water to remove contamination that polishing won't or can't. It won't remove swirls and won't provide any protection, but will create an increadibly smooth surface.

So, it's totally different than wax.