PDA

View Full Version : ok so i love my springs

tyscivicsi
02-03-2004, 12:12 AM
i love my tein springs i can have four pepole in my car and the ride is still just as good as stock if not better. but i have only one problem there is a poping is the passager side like when i turn left and it leans that way it pops or when i am sitting still and turn the stearing wheel any ideas? my car sounds sick:p and makes me wanta:'( but besides that i love it

SiRacer03
02-03-2004, 12:53 AM
I'm starting to have this problem too. The upper part of the strut needs lubrication.

tyscivicsi
02-03-2004, 11:44 PM
hey guys any ideas of what this is is sucks and i am taking my car in to get a alingment tomorrow so PLEASE! i want to get rid of the poping befor i spend fifty bucks

raiyo
02-04-2004, 12:05 AM
I got the same problem with my Teins. It just need some greasing. Get some WD40 and spray on the spring, the top end. Keep spraying till it dips. Let it set in for 30 minutes, and do it again. That'll make the popping noise go bye bye till the grease is gone. Give it a try.

BTW, I like my Teins before, but not anymore. To many problems. My rear is sitting to low, I don't like it.

dofu
02-04-2004, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
BTW, I like my Teins before, but not anymore. To many problems. My rear is sitting to low, I don't like it.

i've had that problem with my ground controls, so i got rid of em

tyscivicsi
02-04-2004, 10:21 AM
i though that tein had some kinda of warranty that is if they sagg they will replace them maybe im wrong and wont WD40 wash away

K20A3Si
02-04-2004, 11:08 AM
ya....what raiyo said...wd 40 will do the trick....i greased mine up an dthe sound was gone...just grease it and you will be fine.

staticflo
02-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by tyscivicsi
i though that tein had some kinda of warranty that is if they sagg they will replace them maybe im wrong and wont WD40 wash away

They do have a warranty, the only problem is that the Teins are not designed for the EP3. I e-mailed Tein when my springs were first installed and I received an e-mail back saying they were not designed for the EP3. So good luck in them holding to their warranty. Personally, I wish I would have just saved for a full coilover set from the beginning because my Teins are also giving me problems. Unfortunately, I'm a broke college student so the chances of me swapping out my Teins for something else in the near future is probably not going to happen.

tyscivicsi
02-04-2004, 12:17 PM
now what are you guys talking about lubbing what part of the spring? the noise is really only on the left side and when i turn that way

DeadMonkey
02-04-2004, 12:30 PM
Check to see if you've indexed everything correctly during reinstall, and make sure that you haven't overtorqued the front struts. Overtorquing the strut will compress the strut bearing and causes a popping noise when you turn the wheel because it will not allow the entire sturt and spring to turn in conjunction with each other. This happens a lot when you use airtools to torque down the front struts. Greasing it is just a bandaid, and won't take care of the actual problem.

tyscivicsi
02-04-2004, 01:07 PM
well thats something new deadmonkey what bolts are you talking about im taking my car in at two and it would be nice to slove so are you talking about the top three bolts or the one on the top of the stut thanks for that info

tyscivicsi
02-04-2004, 01:14 PM
could it also be under torqued maybe thanks

Dunrick
02-04-2004, 02:25 PM
you will eventually not care about noises...

it took me a couple months...

i could care less how creaky my car is...but at first it would piss me off so bad.

BlairSpeed
02-04-2004, 02:44 PM
so i guess im not getting Tein springs, h&r or Eibach or Neuspeed??? hmmm at least im down to 3 choices instead of 4! :)

Civicvtec1ps
02-04-2004, 02:47 PM
I just don't care if i have squeek or not.
Audio takes care of it.
:)

dofu
02-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
I just don't care if i have squeek or not.
Audio takes care of it.
:)

yep... good tweets, mids, and subs hooked up to good amps will make all those noises that you dont wanna hear magically dissapear lol

DeadMonkey
02-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by tyscivicsi
well thats something new deadmonkey what bolts are you talking about im taking my car in at two and it would be nice to slove so are you talking about the top three bolts or the one on the top of the stut thanks for that info

I'm talking about the bolt on top of the strut. The other three bolts are to attach the strut to the chassis. If you overtorque the top bolt, you'll bind up the strut bearing, and get the spring popping noise. If you undertorque it, you'll get a rattling noise. Also you want to make sure that the top hat on the strut is indexed properly. There's a hash mark that you have to line up. I hope that helps!

-Rob

tyscivicsi
02-05-2004, 10:27 AM
i had my car alinged yesterday i also had them torque every thing again and no noise i really love these springs they are great:D and the camber kit is something i think every one needs if they have lowered there cars. i think it makes cars look riced out and cheep IMO. so everything is great now thanks everyone!

DeadMonkey
02-06-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm glad that worked for you! I've seen that problem so many times that I kinda figured that's what was going on. :D Enjoy the noise free EP! ;)