PDA

View Full Version : Type-S head swap by Joe at SSC

epee
02-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Look HERE (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24759) for pics and details.

Joe is a great guy, awesome mechanic, and very honest. If you ever want to see his credentials, look through nearly every Sport Compact racing magazine on the newstands and you will see tons of media regarding Joe's Pro import race team. He did the swap for myeverlovinsir, and by the way it looks myeverlovinsir is very happy with the results to say the least.

Take a look at Joe's wesite when you get a chance www.ssc-das.com (http://www.ssc-das.com/)

epee
02-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Looks like myeverlovinsir deleted the thread for some reason. I saved all the pics so I'll post them back up soon.

SiR_d1
02-03-2004, 10:46 AM
your link doesn't work either, and I thought Myeverlovinsir did the swap himself??

epee
02-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure why myeverlovinsir deleted the thread:(. The link on my post went to his thread

Joe from SSC (www.ssc-das.com (http://www.ssc-das.com)) did all the work. That is why I'm surprised he didn't get mentioned anywhere

SiR_d1
02-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by epee
Yeah, I'm not sure why myeverlovinsir deleted the thread:(. The link on my post went to his thread

Joe from SSC (www.ssc-das.com (http://www.ssc-das.com)) did all the work. That is why I'm surprised he didn't get mentioned anywhere

:D

your guess is as good as mine

todaCspec
02-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
your link doesn't work either, and I thought Myeverlovinsir did the swap himself??

What's going on here? Too much info?:eek:

SiR_d1
02-03-2004, 11:16 AM
what do you mean by too much info?

epee
02-03-2004, 11:39 AM
I am organizing the rest of the photos, but here is Myeverlovinsir's EP in Joe Demaree's garage at SSC:

http://www.freebmw.net/devin/joes_shop.jpg

I'll try starting the thread back up, still puzzled why the original "sticky" thread is gone - it had over 200 replies, thousands of views, and was very informative as to the great job that Joe did. I've got some good picks of the Type-R / EP tranny swap they are helping out with as well (that thread just got knocked off the face of the earth as well :'( )

DavidT
02-03-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm thinking Myeverlovinsir will reply anytime soon and tell us where his thread went. :cool:

Mighty_Mouse
02-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Too bad that they charge nearly $8000 for an A2 swap! Only $1250 of that is labor, but it's still a bit pricey. They've also never done one before. I guess I'll wait a while and let them test their skills on someone else's ride first.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
02-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
Too bad that they charge nearly $8000 for an A2 swap! Only $1250 of that is labor, but it's still a bit pricey. They've also never done one before. I guess I'll wait a while and let them test their skills on someone else's ride first.

god DAMN!
what do they buy all the parts straight from Acura??!

i guess i got a good deal of $1600 installed....LOL.

Mighty_Mouse
02-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Agreed. $8000 for an A2 swap is positively stupid. Maybe they'll drop their prices after they perform a swap. I thought that it was odd that they'd never done one before.

p.s. Damm you Adam. Damm you. :D

SiRman
02-03-2004, 05:30 PM
What is the purpose of this thread???
To provide info.
To discredit myeverlovinsir.

Anyways....this leaves a bad taste in my mouth for ephatch.

SiR_d1
02-03-2004, 05:33 PM
I just thought we were trying to figure out what happened to his original thread

epee
02-03-2004, 05:38 PM
I just thought we were trying to figure out what happened to his original thread
That's what I thought.

SiBoy
02-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Drama.

2k2_nbp_egg
02-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by SiRman
What is the purpose of this thread???
To provide info.
To discredit myeverlovinsir.

Anyways....this leaves a bad taste in my mouth for ephatch.

lol your sig speaks for itself

SiR_d1
02-03-2004, 07:34 PM
"Excuse me if I'm a smart-ass, I'm addicted to conflict."

:D

TunerSi
02-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Has anyone done this in Toronto? Could you not just buy the A2 head from the dealer and have a shop put it on? Excuse me, but what all would you need to do it and are there any good gains?

02SilverSiHB
02-03-2004, 08:13 PM
imo, I believe epee. He replied to myeverlovinsir's thread about his a2 swap. he (epee) stated how myeverlovinsir said he did it himself..when in fact it was joe. So I replied saying is this true...next thing you know, it's been deleted. I sure as hell didn't and neither did any other mods. So that leaves myeverlovinsir...and I would love to know why? :eek:

Mighty_Mouse
02-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Any chance of undeleting the thread? It did have good info and great pics.

02SilverSiHB
02-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
Any chance of undeleting the thread? It did have good info and great pics.
unfortunetly when a member deletes his own thread it is gone forever. Only if it is moved to the recycling bin can it be brought back...to my knowledge. I checked the recycling bin and it's not there...hence myever deleted the thread. Shame shame :( it was good info.

02SilverSiHB
02-03-2004, 08:35 PM
ah, here we go, here's where epee puts it down for myever...then all of a sudden the thread from myever about his type s head swap is gone :eek: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=343521#post343521

anjapower
02-03-2004, 08:39 PM
damn, wtf. It was very convincing to say the least:confused:

Mighty_Mouse
02-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
ah, here we go, here's where epee puts it down for myever...then all of a sudden the thread from myever about his type s head swap is gone :eek: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=343521#post343521

Yikes. myeverlovin got called out hard.

anjapower
02-03-2004, 08:58 PM
we didn't want you to leave glen...you were a great resource on this board. i am sorry you feel this way, i believe all we wanted was some light shed on the matter.

02SilverSiHB
02-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by anjapower
we didn't want you to leave glen...you were a great resource on this board. i am sorry you feel this way, i believe all we wanted was some light shed on the matter.
so true. I dont think it's that BIG of a deal. Just kind of strange how it all worked out.

SiR_d1
02-03-2004, 10:32 PM
wtf just happened??

ATRIOT
02-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Atlas has shrugged... Everyones leaving... This is a void that will be hard to fill.
Stick around Glen, we need you here.

SiR_d1
02-03-2004, 10:45 PM
its IceD out N CALI all over agian:D

downhil
02-03-2004, 11:12 PM
who cares....

SiBoy
02-04-2004, 03:13 AM
hi

fsugatorbait
02-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Glen IMO has put more into this board about the engine than anyone else. the route he chose to mod his car was something that I was extremely looking forward to reading. The thread about the head swap whether it was done by himself or not was the most informative thread ive ever read and was looking forward to reading about the type r tranny swap. Hopefully he'll be back.

epee
02-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Glen IMO has put more into this board about the engine than anyone else. the route he chose to mod his car was something that I was extremely looking forward to reading. The thread about the head swap whether it was done by himself or not was the most informative thread ive ever read and was looking forward to reading about the type r tranny swap. Hopefully he'll be back.

Then why did he erase the threads? There was some great info on there to share. I'm getting a lot of finger pointing towards me for starting some silly "man hunt". I simply asked him basically if he did the work and poof the threads dissapear.

02SilverSiHB
02-04-2004, 09:21 AM
its IceD out N CALI all over agian:D
so what did happen to iced out n cali? I missed that one

fsugatorbait
02-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Then why did he erase the threads? There was some great info on there to share. I'm getting a lot of finger pointing towards me for starting some silly "man hunt". I simply asked him basically if he did the work and poof the threads dissapear.

Erasing the thread had nothing to do with the knowledge that he has shared with the board. Who cars who pointed any fingers this isnt high school. Im assuming that he did it for a good reason and not to cover up who actually did the work, in the end its not who did what but who learned what.

fsugatorbait
02-04-2004, 10:29 AM
so what did happen to iced out n cali? I missed that one

Nobody seems to know, he just stopped posting. :confused:

danoonez
02-04-2004, 11:18 AM
With so much drama in the L-B-C it's kinda hard bein Snoop D-O double G...

chunky
02-04-2004, 01:05 PM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

claiming someone else's work as your own is kind of eeeh. I never read the threads, but one thing glenn did that I always appreciated was take in depth pictures.

oh well. and I'll add that I'm not sure about what exactly happened, so i'm not taking sides here. just kinda sucks that glen got run off.

fishboy
02-04-2004, 01:19 PM
maybe myeverlovin was takin out of context. when he said "i did the swap" he really meant i bought all the stuff and went to a place and was VERY involved with the install, which it appears as though he was. i'm sure he didn't just drop the car off and pick it up later when it was done. it's kinda like when someone says he bought a new car and he bought a 90 240 or something. it's new to him. saying i bought a "new" car shouldn't automatically imply brand spanking new off the lot. i hate it when my people think that way. one of my friends does that. no one says hey i bought a car or man i really want a car. you always say new car because you never had it before, right? does this bug anybody else or is it just me? :D

Zero Three Si
02-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Erasing the thread had nothing to do with the knowledge that he has shared with the board. Who cars who pointed any fingers this isnt high school. Im assuming that he did it for a good reason and not to cover up who actually did the work, in the end its not who did what but who learned what.

Exactly...who the fock cares if he portrayed that he did his own head swap...I sure as hell don't care. As long as the info got on ephatch...Jaydub's grandma could have put his type s head on and I still wouldn't care.

So an EP member is cool if he puts alot of informative posts on EPHAT???? Ummmm....okkkkkkkkkkkk:rolleyes:

fsugatorbait
02-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Exactly...who the fock cares if he portrayed that he did his own head swap...I sure as hell don't care. As long as the info got on ephatch...Jaydub's grandma could have put his type s head on and I still wouldn't care.

So an EP member is cool if he puts alot of informative posts on EPHAT???? Ummmm....okkkkkkkkkkkk:rolleyes:

Well Zero I guess 1 out of 2 aint bad.:rolleyes: Do me a favor and please point out where I mentioned that Glen was 'cool' or even insinuated it in anything ive ever written. Whats that, you cant; thats what I thought. Now the facts; I stated that IMO I thought he had contributed the most out of anyone here towards the development of our engines aftermarket possibilities. Remember when Hondata 1st came out? Glen was exremely instrumental working with them to develop the original flash and than the current flash after detonation was detected. He's posted the 1st how to for installing the hondata IMG and overbored throttle body. He basically was a pioneer for the head swap (as far as going into that much detail), and was on his way with the DC5R tranny swap. His future plans included the JRSC which I also plan to go with and was looking forward to his write up. Any questions? :eek:

SiR_d1
02-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Nobody seems to know, he just stopped posting. :confused:

I seem to remember reading that he took offence when people were starting to call him a post whore and that he was adding nothing to the site. If you were to backtrack and read the majority of his posts they only consisted of a few words let alone sentences:confused:

SiR_d1
02-04-2004, 05:00 PM
So I guess when ever you get 'called out' so to speak, you're suppose to leave and never come back:D

fsugatorbait
02-04-2004, 05:02 PM
I seem to remember reading that he took offence when people were starting to call him a post whore and that he was adding nothing to the site. If you were to backtrack and read the majority of his posts they only consisted of a few words let alone sentences:confused:

Yeah, I remember his posts added little, if anything, but never read where he was called out about it.

SiR_d1
02-04-2004, 05:08 PM
I remember in the thread someone mentioned how he had 7000 posts than it just turned into a thread of people calling him a post whore or some shit like that, than after that he was gone

fsugatorbait
02-04-2004, 05:08 PM
So I guess when ever you get 'called out' so to speak, you're suppose to leave and never come back:D

hahaha, it appears that way! :p

02SilverSiHB
02-04-2004, 06:00 PM
I remember in the thread someone mentioned how he had 7000 posts than it just turned into a thread of people calling him a post whore or some shit like that, than after that he was gone
LOL, well, I don't think I'd let that make me leave. I know I'm a post whore for sure!

fishboy
02-04-2004, 07:15 PM
i miss iced out :'(

Zero Three Si
02-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Big deal if you dont contribute anything to the site...whoop dee fucking doooooo....

Last I remember...this site isn't putting any money in my pocket...it's just a place to kill a little time. I think some people take this site WAYYYYYY too serious.

Next thing you know....the modds will start banning people because they don't ADD anything to the site.:rolleyes:

This site has gotten pretty lame in the last few months.

02SilverSiHB
02-04-2004, 07:44 PM
I think some people take this site WAYYYYYY too serious.

true

Next thing you know....the modds will start banning people because they don't ADD anything to the site.:rolleyes:
never! :D

where have you been! try last year! :D

anjapower
02-04-2004, 07:48 PM
no one cares if you don't add anything to the site, but if you do, you become more respected...i think that's pretty obvious if you visit here regularly.

Without knowledgeable people like Glen, the progress of our cars' performance would come to a screeching halt.

Zero Three Si
02-04-2004, 08:02 PM
true

never! :D

LoL....the one true pimp on here...congrats on the baby too mang...

02SilverSiHB
02-04-2004, 08:13 PM
LoL....the one true pimp on here...congrats on the baby too mang...
I don't think it's hit me yet...I'm going to be a Dad!? :eek: :cool:

downhil
02-04-2004, 08:20 PM
i think the post counter under the avatar should be eliminated. keeping track of posts is stupid and feeds into peoples mentality that the more you post, the more you know.

SiR_d1
02-05-2004, 12:34 AM

I agree

I think the reason is that everything has pretty much been covered, so there is really nothing new to talk about.

Lately all i've been reading is people helping out the newbies with their questions

Zero Three Si
02-05-2004, 07:40 AM

Lately all i've been reading is people helping out the newbies with their questions

Which in my opinion is great....maybe one of these "newbies to hondas" is like a guru about VW's or Evo's or something and he'll shead some light on something that we've all been missing.

If more people were helpful rather than locking the newbies thread and screaming at him "use the freaking search button ", we might actually get somewhere.

fsugatorbait
02-05-2004, 08:30 AM
If more people were helpful rather than locking the newbies thread and screaming at him "use the freaking search button ", we might actually get somewhere.

Agreed!

SiR_d1
02-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Which in my opinion is great....maybe one of these "newbies to hondas" is like a guru about VW's or Evo's or something and he'll shead some light on something that we've all been missing.

Tru,

but in all honesty I hate repeating myself especially when the answer they are looking for can be found in another thread just a few scroll donwns.

Zero Three Si
02-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Tru,

but in all honesty I hate repeating myself especially when the answer they are looking for can be found in another thread just a few scroll donwns.

Well don't repeat yourself and just move along to the next thread...:D

DavidT
02-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Anybody heard from myeverlovinsir?

02SilverSiHB
02-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by DavidT
Anybody heard from myeverlovinsir?
nada, I'm sure he's still surfing around...probably under a different name

SiBoy
02-07-2004, 10:33 PM
So let me get this straight..He told everyone he did the headswap himself, but in actuallality(sp?) it was joe that did it? Then Epee posted here trying to give Joe credit, and then Mylover deletes the thread because he got caught lying?

02SilverSiHB
02-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by SiBoy
So let me get this straight..He told everyone he did the headswap himself, but in actuallality(sp?) it was joe that did it? Then Epee posted here trying to give Joe credit, and then Mylover deletes the thread because he got caught lying?
well...yeap...that is correct. The myever just takes off and never to be seen again on ephatch :eek:

SiR_d1
02-07-2004, 10:40 PM
well...yeap...that is correct. The myever just takes off and never to be seen again on ephatch :eek:

You have to admit that shit is still pretty funny:D

fsugatorbait
02-08-2004, 12:11 AM

No. Regardelss of the circumstances, ephatch lost an extremely valuable member. The site will suffer just as bad as when Steve left if not more. You guys have no idea the information SIR gave to the site and what was going to come. :rolleyes:

02SilverSiHB
02-08-2004, 01:36 AM
No. Regardelss of the circumstances, ephatch lost an extremely valuable member. The site will suffer just as bad as when Steve left if not more. You guys have no idea the information SIR gave to the site and what was going to come. :rolleyes:
I was here from just about the start, I know...we never would have known shit if he hadn't posted up about the type s head swap.

Dunrick
02-08-2004, 08:27 AM
He had good info. No doubt. Very motivated.

That would still be pretty embarassing if you got caught on a lie like that. Careful boys and girls, that pride can make you look like a total jerk one day.

DavidT
02-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Dunrick

That would still be pretty embarassing if you got caught on a lie like that. Careful boys and girls, that pride can make you look like a total jerk one day.

Word :confused:

fsugatorbait
02-08-2004, 10:31 AM
He had good info. No doubt. Very motivated.

Agreed.

jdmpwr
02-08-2004, 10:36 AM
Well Mylover thought he knew alot, I am friends with Joe at SCC, I knew that Joe was doing the swap, I kept my mouth shut not screw up his pipe dream, his theories about motors where OK at best. I am also friends of Tom Payn of Payn Tech.. Him and myself included have alot of indepth knowledge of the k series motors. Tom the designer of the Dart Block and Engineer behind the Mr. Gakest Beast Motor, I a Master Certified Honda Tech with a lot of knowledge in the K series stuff now. I used to be big in the B and H and F series motors. We are both building K24 hybrids to hopefully be running my this summer. I think ZERO THREE SI can vouch for the knowledge end of things. SO if any of you have questions, Shoot away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DavidT
02-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by jdmpwr
SO if any of you have questions, Shoot away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jdmpwr I had a question, I PM'd you ;)

SiR_d1
02-08-2004, 07:04 PM

this is what I mean when I say what happened to Myever to be funny because in all honestly who gives a shit if he lied. If you get caught it, admit it, and move on.

People on this site have the tendency to try and impress a bunch of people who they don't know, and who they will probably never meet.

The fact that he left over this just goes to show he took this site way to seriously and its probably best that he left, because if getting caught in a lie by a bunch of people you don't know can make you that embarrassed you feel you have to leave than something's not right here. I can understand laying low for a bit but do leave completely is just stupid.

Hence

PanchoEp3
02-08-2004, 08:11 PM
im still pretty new on the site but even if he was lying he still gave us alot of knowledge on the type-s head swap. Must suck to be caught like that.

epee
02-09-2004, 06:44 AM

Then why did he leave. What's the big deal here. A couple people ask a simple question and the dude jets. Who cares who actually did the work...the info was good for the community as a whole.

Oh well. There are people like jdmpwr and Tom Payn (Payntech) spending gobs of time and money to "uncode" all of the K series variants. Sounds like they have some interesting findings so far and more information to come.

02SilverSiHB
02-09-2004, 10:32 AM

Oh well. There are people like jdmpwr and Tom Payn (Payntech) spending gobs of time and money to "uncode" all of the K series variants. Sounds like they have some interesting findings so far and more information to come.
true, especially of tom payn! good guy :)

myeverlovinsir
02-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Hmmm, It's all good, some people learned some things and others are late to the parade. I don't feel it's a huge issue. I did it, posted about it and shared with you all. I decided to withdraw that thread because of the time and effort required on my part. I work for a living too, and needless to say over the time that I started that thread and about a week ago, my real work did suffer. I took back a bit of peace of mind and having to deal with A2 head issues over the Internet. I may have become a little indulgent in spending too much time with 'people who I don't know' but hey, I think the K-series is a great engine and have much more that will be done and gained that I don't seek credit for. The time I spent (only 2 months) and effort is just in my nature. If you gained insight and like to see honest results and not a marketers' point of view, that is what I have done and do. I never once in that thread credited anyone, that was the point of it. I wanted to share what few people out there knew about and wanted to learn. I just underestimated how much of an impact it would be. That is my fault. If I was in the business of promoting a mod full time, then I may afford the time to spend online as I did. Unfortunately I left a loophole for epee to make a mockery of all that was good and anyone else who wanted to pick. I honestly thought my dues were paid when the job was done and sharing it was just part of my nature. I'll be damned if anyone has more insightful info and can hold their tongue. Good luck!

See you at the track! ;)

fsugatorbait
02-10-2004, 05:36 PM
We'll done.

jdmpwr
02-10-2004, 06:32 PM
I am wondering who that statement was aimed at??? I promote who I myself deem a good knowledgeable source for this boards input. I have myself played with alot of the K series stuff as of late and have helped JE design some new pistons strictly for the k series market via the knowledge I learned from dismantling these motors myself. That is all I have to say, I am not saying that I or others are the all knowing K series GOD. I just think we have some worthwhile info regarding the topic at hand.

Zero Three Si
02-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by jdmpwr
Well Mylover thought he knew alot, I am friends with Joe at SCC, I knew that Joe was doing the swap, I kept my mouth shut not screw up his pipe dream, his theories about motors where OK at best. I am also friends of Tom Payn of Payn Tech.. Him and myself included have alot of indepth knowledge of the k series motors. Tom the designer of the Dart Block and Engineer behind the Mr. Gakest Beast Motor, I a Master Certified Honda Tech with a lot of knowledge in the K series stuff now. I used to be big in the B and H and F series motors. We are both building K24 hybrids to hopefully be running my this summer. I think ZERO THREE SI can vouch for the knowledge end of things. SO if any of you have questions, Shoot away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....holla at cha' boy!!!!! My man knows his stuff and that ain't no joke.

KeNnYtAkEr
02-12-2004, 09:06 AM
I thought ur tread was great, I feel you have the right to say what u want and if u didn't want to mention anyone so be it. I just thought the detailed pics and the info was very insightful and thats what counts. If epee wants promote his machanic so be it. I don't think this discredits anyone. It is a hugh project to swap anything so of course alil help doesn't matter " and after all it's myeverlovinsir swap adn he paid so techniquely he did do it" if u ask me. Who cares if myeverlovinsir had some help or not. I enjoyed readin his tread and thats that. Anyways all in all i just want to say Thanks myeverlovinsir for sharing ur experience with ur fellow ephatchers.
I was a great tread. Now have fun with ur ride ;)

I just don't want to see this Ephatch.com turn into another ClubSi haters. Can't we all just get along. After all it's just our Hobby.
...sorry thats just my 2 cents in... :rolleyes:

epee
02-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by KeNnYtAkEr
If epee wants promote his machanic so be it.

Joe is NOT my mechanic and hasn't worked on my car...I mentioned he is a great guy. This is a bunch of Days Of Our Lives crap. Let's keep repeating ourselves here - I asked myeverlovinsir a question about the shop in the pics he posted then HE FREAKED OUT and started deleting posts everywhere. About what, I don't know and don't care.

When everyone is done rubbing backs and holding hands here, let's get back to some good tech info.

SiRman
02-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Who cares if myeverlovinsir had some help or not. I enjoyed readin his tread and thats that. Anyways all in all i just want to say Thanks myeverlovinsir for sharing ur experience with ur fellow ephatchers.

Ditto!

When everyone is done rubbing backs and holding hands here, let's get back to some good tech info

We have been rubbing backs and holding hands here before you showed up and will continue to do so.:smilem: :banana:

It's over so lets move on.