PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remove their visor decals?

BSEVEER
02-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Has anyone successfully removed the airbag warning decals from their visors? It would look much better without them. Besides trial and error does anyone have any suggestions how to get rid of them?

Ty's Si
02-03-2004, 06:58 PM
I have been wondering the same thing since day one. I hardly ever use them just because they look terrible with the decals on.

I would be interested in seeing a DIY on this.

trk
02-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Ive been curious about how to do this as well...

I was considering simply putting cool stickers or patches over them using some sort of adhesive to keep them on.

EDIT: WOW, two simultaneous posts by people named Ty... lol.

BSEVEER
02-03-2004, 07:03 PM
They're probably pretty easy to take off. Trying anything would be better outside of the car. I wonder if they are silkscreened or a decal?

SIxtasy
02-03-2004, 07:08 PM
PM CRX2NR. He does car interior work for a living..... He should know...... Hell, I'll even ask him later when we meet up for all you can eat pancakes at IHOP

BSEVEER
02-03-2004, 09:28 PM
I like pancakes.:confusem:

shimmy_yaz
02-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Yeah someone try this I can't stand those damn things either

Mwing
02-04-2004, 12:57 PM
I don't have the airbag decals on the visors, because of the Canadian model?

trk
02-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Mwing
I don't have the airbag decals on the visors, because of the Canadian model?

hmmm.. interesting...

CDM swap .... ;)

BSEVEER
02-04-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm gonna try putting a wet cloth on there and let it set for a couple of hours. I don't know when I'm gonna do this, so if someone beats me to it, let me know if it works.:D

dofu
02-04-2004, 03:45 PM
anyone ever tried using ajax??? get some ajax mixed with a lil water so its still thick, then start goin at it... or would that be bad for the plastic?

Ty's Si
02-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Perhaps nail polish remover applied with a cotton ball might work. It's not as harsh as say acetone, but seems to work well on nail paint. :D I figure the decal paint might be similar to fingernail polish.

Somone be the guinnea pig here...I don't want to be the first guy to ruin his sunvisors.

dofu
02-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Ty's Si
Somone be the guinnea pig here...I don't want to be the first guy to ruin his sunvisors.

hahahah... i found some rollercoaster type warning signs that i put over the originals... looks the same, but reads different :D

03EP3SiHB
02-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by dofu
hahahah... i found some rollercoaster type warning signs that i put over the originals... looks the same, but reads different :D

Post pics please!!! Or I can just see them on the 21st.

BSEVEER
02-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Well, I tried a wet rag and a rubber band and it didn't do shit. Definitely not a water based aadhesive. I was trying on the big decal on the inside, good thing too. I was looking closer at the small one and ran my thumb over it. It's covering up a couple of holes that are probably screw holes to hold the vanity mirror on. I'm not going to be the first one to put some chemicals on ther to get them off so I guess I'm stuck with them for now.:sadm:

03EP3SiHB
02-04-2004, 07:52 PM
That sucks, keep trying man.

dofu
02-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 03EP3SiHB
Post pics please!!! Or I can just see them on the 21st.

yea... jus wait till the 21st... i dont have digi cam lol

Mwing
02-04-2004, 10:21 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2443931624&category=50449

This may be a solution.

BSEVEER
02-04-2004, 10:29 PM
That's pretty funny but I think I'll pass. I might have to drive my mom somewhere.:shockm: :blushm:

IIx 03 EP xII
02-05-2004, 08:32 AM
my H&R springs come with a warning sticker that could replace the airbag sticker i think... i havent looked at the airbag sticker in a while cuz i never use my visors cuz my windshield has a strip of limo tint at the top. also... im getting my windshield tinted tomorrow... so i wont ever have to use the visors. but that H&R sticker basically says that the suspension is dangerous and could result in injury or death?? haha... give me a break... lowering springs could kill you? maybe if you had your lil sister install them.

DeadMonkey
02-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
my H&R springs come with a warning sticker that could replace the airbag sticker i think... i havent looked at the airbag sticker in a while cuz i never use my visors cuz my windshield has a strip of limo tint at the top. also... im getting my windshield tinted tomorrow... so i wont ever have to use the visors. but that H&R sticker basically says that the suspension is dangerous and could result in injury or death?? haha... give me a break... lowering springs could kill you? maybe if you had your lil sister install them.

Ever see someone doing a DIY spring install using a shoddy spring compressor, and having it release the compressed spring? That's a lot of kinetic energy, baby! :D

BlackNRedSi
02-05-2004, 12:38 PM
im curious how to get NEW ones, i hate our visors, they are SOOOO big...with this tiny mirror w/o a light on it... lol

civicracer1128
02-22-2004, 07:09 PM
i bet rubbing alcohol would take em off. it worked on my old jetta. just keep putting it on for a couple minutes and the decal starts to just peel off. dont hold me to it cause ive never tried it on a honda but they come right off with a VW.

shimmy_yaz
02-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Mwing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2443931624&category=50449

This may be a solution.

Yeah someone already posted that in off topic and i said hey maybe this is a solution for the visor thread we got goin. Great minds think alike I guess HAHA

josephwillidog
03-01-2004, 01:51 PM
All right ya thundercats, I'll try the rubbing alcohol thing if no one else will...I swear.... lol

BSEVEER
03-02-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by josephwillidog
All right ya thundercats, I'll try the rubbing alcohol thing if no one else will...I swear.... lol

Remember, only try it on the decals on the inside of the visor. The ones on the outside (the ones you see when the visor is in it's normal position) are covering up a couple of screw holes that probably hold your vanity mirror on, unless you don't care about that. If you run your finger across the outside decal you can feel the holes I'm talking about.:cool: