PDA

View Full Version : A/C trick help

TravTrav
02-03-2004, 07:36 PM
what is the trick to turn off the ac when u have defrosters on? pls help im tired of this damn shiznit

seattlecivic
02-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Just do a search for A/C blah blah... ;-)

I don't know how mine turned into a manual shut off... but I miss it where it would automatically come on and "NOT" be able to turn it off with the defrost. I even tried that thing in the search but was un-successful at bringing it back to factory default. *sigh*

Someone please help us ^_^ I want to be able to push the A/C button and it will stay on and not shut off.

mxp
02-03-2004, 07:56 PM
i took my car to the dealer and they fixed it ... this is programmed into our ecu

i went and they programmed it like the 04 and bingo defrost with no ac

KingGreg86
02-03-2004, 08:34 PM
isnt defrost more effective with ac on?

blueiedgod
02-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by mxp
i took my car to the dealer and they fixed it ... this is programmed into our ecu

i went and they programmed it like the 04 and bingo defrost with no ac

I believe the 2003 and 2004 have the A/c come on when you switch into defrost, but the light is programmed not to come on. The trick works on the 2002, because it is programmed to have the A/C and light come on when you put in defrost.

Don't go by the light, go by the A/C pump clutch action.

TravTrav
02-04-2004, 08:07 AM
i have an 02

Fast02
02-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by TravTrav
i have an 02

So do I. Here's how you do it:

1)Car must be shut off
2) Turn all three knobs to the left
3 Depress both the recirc. button and a/c button at the same time
4 Hold buttons down about 5 seconds BEFORE starting car
5 Start car while holding those buttons down for about 5-7 more seconds. You'll see the a/c button flash 3 or 4 times.
6 YOUR DONE!!

TravTrav
02-04-2004, 09:44 AM
thx for help i will try it out

TravTrav
02-04-2004, 10:14 AM
wow it works great, it still comes on automatically when i turn defrosters on but i can turn the a/c off, this is good cause during the winter frost freezes on my windshield and i dont need the a/c on, waste of gas after a u have it one for hours on end everyday.

YANFOO
02-04-2004, 10:28 AM
since when the rear defroster dammages tinted windows??

I live in CANADA where it is cold 6 months a year, always have tinted windows on ALL my cars, and NEVER, I mena NEVER noticed any dammage, fade or anything...

you guyz can go and use it in peace...

Fast02
02-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by TravTrav
wow it works great, it still comes on automatically when i turn defrosters on but i can turn the a/c off, this is good cause during the winter frost freezes on my windshield and i dont need the a/c on, waste of gas after a u have it one for hours on end everyday.

Good! Would you believe I sat in the car for hours trying to figure this out-Just kidding:D

Mugen Power
02-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by blueiedgod
I believe the 2003 and 2004 have the A/c come on when you switch into defrost, but the light is programmed not to come on. The trick works on the 2002, because it is programmed to have the A/C and light come on when you put in defrost.

Don't go by the light, go by the A/C pump clutch action.

Yeah, I remember someone mentioning this before (maybe it was you?). So do you mean that even if you do the little trick, the AC still turns on even though the light isn't on (for '02)? If it does, the trick is kind of pointless.

blueiedgod
02-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
Yeah, I remember someone mentioning this before (maybe it was you?). So do you mean that even if you do the little trick, the AC still turns on even though the light isn't on (for '02)? If it does, the trick is kind of pointless.

The trick works on the 2002. On 2004 the light does not come on from the factory when you select defrost, but the a/c is actually on.

vivid blue Si
02-04-2004, 06:44 PM
the a/c makes the air drier to de-fog the moist windows. when the heater heats up and the interior of the car is normal temp it will de-fog the windows as well. if it really bothers you just turn on the defrost and just turn the a/c off then the light and the compresser will turn off. you will have to do this every time buts its no big deal,is it?

SoCaLep3
02-04-2004, 09:47 PM
mine windows only defrost when the ac is on