PDA

View Full Version : 4300 HID too yellow?

civic hatch boi
02-04-2004, 01:05 AM
do you think 4300k is too yellow? would you get it? does it just have yellow, but shines white?

1fastminivan
02-04-2004, 11:00 AM
A true OEM HID D2R or D2S bulb will burn at 4100k which if taken out of the headlamp housing and turn it on it will look very bright white with a hint of yellow.....but will look "blueish/white" when put back into the OEM HID headlamp housing due to optics. In our H4 application if you dont get the right HID H4 setup you WILL end up with a yellowish light on a 4100k bulb. You need proper shielding since our H4 bulb is setup for both high and low and the HID bulb is only low.....so our Headlamp housings are setup up for both high/low optics. I myself have an HID "kit" and I am using OEM HID philips bulbs burning at 4100k with special sheild adapters that I bought from www.casperselectronics.com Do a search on there for "HID H4 adapter". This is only if you go with a basic low beam kit. They do sell low and high beam kits and they also sell them with higher color temps. Its all up to you.

EMI
02-04-2004, 11:35 AM
this is the 3200k lights. These are the most yellow I have seen, these lights are the same that are in the la mans cars.

http://www.pmpdesigns.com/greddy/z3.jpg

1 fstr si
03-04-2004, 08:06 PM
just ordered a set of those adapters so my HID's dont glare and kill peoples eyes anymore. now i can i can aim my headlights up so i can make greatr use of my lights

1fastminivan
03-04-2004, 10:33 PM
I recommend you paint the "inside" of the shield flat black.....non reflective paint....high temp resistent paint. Then you can add an extra type of "shield" on the "tip" of the shield where the tip of the bulb will be you can custom fit a "tip" shield cover there also so you reduce more glare. Thats how mine is setup.;)

liljosh63
03-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by 1fastminivan
I recommend you paint the "inside" of the shield flat black.....non reflective paint....high temp resistent paint. Then you can add an extra type of "shield" on the "tip" of the shield where the tip of the bulb will be you can custom fit a "tip" shield cover there also so you reduce more glare. Thats how mine is setup.;)

1fastminivan, is all of your headlamp blacked out as well? If so post a pic. I think that would like nice.

1 fstr si
03-05-2004, 05:13 PM
1fastminivan, that was REALLY confusing and im totally lost.

1fastminivan
03-05-2004, 10:24 PM
HaHa......Im sorry guys.....now that I read that back it is confusing...haha....ok Im going to try to take some pics hopefully this weekend of the whole setup of the casper shield. No my headlights are not painted. The only part painted are the actual Casepr shields.....BUT I only painted the "inside" where the bulb will sit in...the whole inside of the shield the curvey part where the bulb is horizontal to. I am REALLY bad at explaing things...hahaha..Im sorry Im so horrible....I will seriously take pics ASAP. But I was going to tell you that if you want you can paint the whole actual shield itself with the heat resistent flat black paint. This is so no light shoots up from the shield....THIS IS FRUSTRATING ME...hahaha. If you look at it from the front/TIP side...like if you point it at you it will look like a "U" shape right?..except not a really full "U" well....its that inside part that you will paint with that hightemp flatblack paint......Oh when you paint it...let it dry obviously....but also try to preheat them in the oven for just a little bit....because if you just let them dry up and then put them straight in the housing....then turn the HIDs on....they give off some kind of smoke and it will smoke up your lenses..which is BAD. 1 fstr si....I will seriously post pics of the shielding and the custom "tip" shield....now that I read back...I think thats the part that probably confused you also....it is basically like this...you will see what I mean in the picturs I hopefully take but here is a crappy somewhat sketch/drawing...haha

sideview with a shield on the front part blocking "tip" glare (___|

sideview with out a shield _____| <--this is where the bulb inserts....I know I know....crappy drawing but what can you expect...haha Im running a slight fever right now..hahaha.;)

1 fstr si
03-05-2004, 10:38 PM
im understanding a lil bit more, but how did u make the tip and attach it to the shield

1fastminivan
03-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Ok here you go......try this link......

http://members16.clubphoto.com/alex814224/2101555/guest.phtml

as far as attaching the "tip shield" I used JB weld to attach a "full" tip shield that came off of an late 90s accord. My friend ripped them out from a junk yard. You can basically use any type of that "tip shield" as along as it is full covered one not like our stock ones that have a gap on both sides. Go to a junk yard and rip out the piece from the housings....hehe.

EtherGhost
03-09-2004, 11:29 AM
EMI where can you get yellow bulbs like that?

1 fstr si
03-09-2004, 07:50 PM
got my diffusers today. lights up the road alot more solidly. i like em. also, one question, when u mounted ur bulbs into the housing on top of ur diffuser, did you have trouble getting the metal clip to snap into place? i had some trouble, and had to adjust some things a little bit and eventually got it to work. got the front end of my car done, now its time to start my next lighting project. shhhh-top secret, but you will love it when its complete.

1fastminivan
03-09-2004, 10:12 PM
I didnt really have a problem with the fitment. Can I take a guess on what your next lighting project is??? If its HID involved will it involve BiXenon Projectors retrofitted into our EP housings??:D Thats what I want to do later on down the road.hehehe;)

1 fstr si
03-10-2004, 04:55 PM
no bixenon, but thats not a bad idea. i just happen to have 2 projectors sitting here in my room right now, not being used. but nop, wrong answer, and the new project involves working on the taillights.