PDA

View Full Version : new springs...what to buy??

YANFOO
02-04-2004, 05:57 AM
new help!

I want to buy new springs for my EP, and was wondering if any of you had any suggestions, like brand, how much should the drop be (is 2 inches too low??)

Also, do I have to change the shocks at the same time?

thanks, any help would be appreciated!

gr8buddha
02-04-2004, 06:44 AM
have you read any other posts ?? maybe you should.. all the info you request has been answered before and all on the first page...

YANFOO
02-04-2004, 10:22 AM
I did check...but still doesn<t answer my question...I'm not realy into that technical stuff, just want to have a quick idea of what I should do... I thought you guyz would be the best to help me...

Just don't have internet at home, and I can't spend 2 hours reading on my job time...

Peking
02-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by YANFOO
I did check...but still doesn<t answer my question...I'm not realy into that technical stuff, just want to have a quick idea of what I should do... I thought you guyz would be the best to help me...

Just don't have internet at home, and I can't spend 2 hours reading on my job time...

Sorry, but what you need to know has been posted. It wouldn't be doing anyone justice to just give you a short answer.

YANFOO
02-04-2004, 10:52 AM
thank you for helping...:p

K20A3Si
02-04-2004, 11:00 AM
just search for springs and i am sure plenty of threads will come up to help you out......but i did get aftermarket struts when i did my spring install....search around though...this site is very helpful;)

YANFOO
02-04-2004, 11:05 AM
there we go!

I didn't even know there was a search engine...(sorry, just noticed!)

With a good mindset, anyone can help...

Zero Three Si
02-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Sorry, but what you need to know has been posted. It wouldn't be doing anyone justice to just give you a short answer.

Yanfoo...you wanted a short answer

1. Go with H&R springs. It will lower your car 2 inches on all four tires.

2. They will run you on the high end 155 bucks.

3. You can leave the stock stocks in and they will do just fine.

4. Most people will tell you that your car will need an alingment. I didn't get one when I lowered my car and it still runs like a champ.

Make sure you are rotating your tires every 6,000 miles after you lower your car.

SiRacer03
02-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Isn't alignment done to correct camber if possible?

Peking
02-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Yanfoo...you wanted a short answer
1. Go with H&R springs. It will lower your car 2 inches on all four tires.
2. They will run you on the high end 155 bucks.
3. You can leave the stock stocks in and they will do just fine.
4. Most people will tell you that your car will need an alingment. I didn't get one when I lowered my car and it still runs like a champ.
Make sure you are rotating your tires every 6,000 miles after you lower your car.

Here you go asshat...
1) Cut your springs
2) Free
3) Keep the stock shocks
4) F*ck the ailignment, you ain't got time for that

You be rolling like a gangstar :tongue:

I think this is the first time that Zero has a kinder post then me :D

I was just kidding guy, what Zero has said is pretty much it. You can substitute H&R springs with Tein, Neuspeed, etc. If you are planning on doing it yourself, post up again and we will link you to directions. That you can print of at work. Or take it to someone who can put them on for you.

Originally posted by SiRacer03
Isn't alignment done to correct camber if possible?

I would assume that an ailignment would basically point the tires in the right direction. Adjusting the camber with adjustable bots and arms will effect the level of the tires wear. If you drop like 2" all around, you need to get the ailignment so all four tires are going straight. Then balance and rotate from time to time to keep wear even. Have camber kit to keep the patch of tread even so you will not have more rubber coming off the toe of the tire faster than the rest. Try a search for camber, you will find tons of helpful info.

YANFOO
02-05-2004, 10:23 AM
thanks a lot guys...

like I said, it is not that I don't want to read it all, when I'll get the net back in working order at home, I will FOR SURE spend moe time in here...

my brother in law is a mechanic, so I'll leave hime do the work...:)

thanks again!

ViViDPeArL
02-05-2004, 01:26 PM
i just got H&Rs, good stuff...nice ride, no bounce (less bounce IMO than stock), but it is harsher on the hard bumps, you'll definately bottom out, but when doing regular driving...no problem. i don't know if alignment is needed, i'm on 215/40/17 tires and it rides great, but sometimes, it goes right, then again, on some street, it stays straight...so i don't even know?