PDA

View Full Version : question regarding something from rsx board about engine meltdown...

Hatched1
02-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Awhile back, I read on clubrsx about a type S that really messed up his motor under boost. I guess he leaned out for some reason under boost and started blowing stuff apart. He was racing but had a weak clutch so he said that he was kind of feathering the throttle and didn't have it "to the floor."
Someone else replied that the computer didn't go into the proper fuel map settings becuase his throttle was not 100%.
So in other words, he was telling people that with turbo, you either have it all on or all off. Is this true? I don't see how it can be or else everyone would have nitrous for far less money. You guys with turbos know for sure, especially those with daily driven cars. Whats the story with that? Do you part throttle boost?

surfsi2
02-09-2004, 04:24 PM
This makes no sense at all, because the blackmagic is only an override for the computer. When you start your car it does a systems check and that's when the B.M. fools the computer, so this guy either had a bad install or something quit on him?