PDA

View Full Version : Borla stainless "Review"

David L.
02-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Well I guess that I was suppose to give more info. Notice how it says "newbie" under my name, cut me some slack at least. Well I drove the car around for a couple of weeks stock. Then I got a Ractive muffler and a custom midpipe and drove that for another couple of weeks to feel out the power and tourqe difference. Saved some money got the Borla stainless. It looks good and added a very noticable difference in the tourqe dept. And all for the outstanding price of 350 dukkets.($350). I say that it is a great buy for the performance and price.

David K.
02-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Wher did you find it for $350? Used perhaps?

mathman
02-04-2004, 09:58 PM
I'd also like to know where you can buy for that price, as I'm still kicking around a Borla for the springtime exhaust project.

How's the sound relative to stock and the other setup?

Mathman.

David L.
02-05-2004, 03:56 PM
I guess for the price of $350 for the Borla stainless might have been cheaper at the time because it was right around the time that they made one to fit our EP and might have gotten a break on the price from the place that I ordered it through. They did the catback system for me so I had already spent some cash there. They said that it was originally $450 range but they said they could get it cheaper...so i let them and didnt ask questions. It was also a small performance shop in N.C. and I can't remember the name but I can look it up and I dont think that they will ship :( As for the sound, I noticed that it deepend the tone to a low rumble at idle and of course to an outright roar as the RPM's get up there but it doesnt sound like a swarm of killer beez wich I wanted to stay away from. But it will still set of some car alarms driving down through the burbs :)

bax
02-05-2004, 05:06 PM
/www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/borla/details?part_num=17219&products=1 (http:///www.ajusa.com/cgi-bin/borla/details?part_num=17219&products=1)

ALCT
02-06-2004, 12:10 AM
linky (http://www.performancecenter.com/branduser/?searchtype=56&sortorder=AA&urlsubcategory=Exhaust&productcategory=Headers&brandname=Borla&sf1=HONDA&sf2=2002&sf3=Civic&sf4=2.0L)

ask for some extra discount, you'll most likely get it. i got it.

chunky
02-06-2004, 10:37 PM
I got my borla header for 333 SHIPPED. it was in stock too. w00t.