PDA

View Full Version : ep gripes?

GODZILLA
02-04-2004, 04:49 PM
don't get me wrong, i love my 02 ep, but i have two issues that stand out. i know engineers are human and every car(no matter the cost)is gonna have it's gremlins. 1. who's driver's side window makes creaking noises when all the way closed. 2. the infamous cluch squeek.

TheMutt
02-04-2004, 06:29 PM
What do you mean by creaking noise? If you mean air noise, that's one thing. But creaking? I don't even get what you're trying to say so I guess I don't have the same problem.

dofu
02-04-2004, 06:34 PM
i voted yes coz my rail even broke b4. took it back and they replaced it, but now the noise has come back... on both sides too

Peking
02-04-2004, 08:54 PM
You going to take her in so the dealer can fix it?

k20hatch
02-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Just take it to the dealer! I have not heard that out of my window yet..."knock on wood"

Loudpedal
02-04-2004, 09:10 PM
No window creaks, but my drivers door was not sealing completely when closed and I had a door wind whistle. Got it adjusted under warranty, however, they had to take the front fender off to adjust the door hinges.

No more wind whistle and you cant tell that the fender was off.

KimchiBoy_TypeR
02-04-2004, 10:02 PM
My brothers driver side started creaking a month after he bough his. Pretty freakin ghetto if you ask me:(

civicracer1128
02-04-2004, 10:33 PM
haha, power windows suck. we're lucky though. my jetta was worse. i know some of you might know this cause i know im not the only one who made the MKIV jetta mistake. my jetta(and all the others from 99-02) have a worse window problem. the window clips that hold the window up and connect it to the regulator actaully break. the result??????? loud crack followed by the window slamming down into the door and destroying the regulator itself in the prcess. wondow cannot be rolled back up and it inevidably rains into your car.:confused: :eek: happened to me 3 times. finally last year VW introduced METAL clips to replace the origional plastic ones. so sad. so cheap. one of the many reasons i left the VW at the honda dealer for my ep.

another one is my girls 97 accord. some days her driver side window takes 10 min to roll up. its THAT SLOW. some days it works fine. o well, i think im lucky with the few problems of the ep so far. but yeah, a creak has gotta be annoying.

ATRIOT
02-04-2004, 10:35 PM
I had the regulator break on the crank up window in my old 90 si hatch... but then again alot of strange shit on that car broke.

SiR_d1
02-04-2004, 11:41 PM
<-----no problem here

Mwing
02-04-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by civicracer1128
another one is my girls 97 accord. some days her driver side window takes 10 min to roll up. its THAT SLOW. some days it works fine. o well, i think im lucky with the few problems of the ep so far. but yeah, a creak has gotta be annoying.

My gf's old 97 Accord acted the same!

Oh, yes, my EP had creaking noise just right after the windows are closed, it lasts for a minute then gone. I mean each time they are closed, and both sides.

It may be caused by the wind deflectors I installed, I don't know.

bigace
02-05-2004, 01:38 AM
On my 02 EP, the passenger side window creaks when open, and the area right above the drivers head (left of moonroof) squeaks, usually at freeway speed. And apparently the car consumes a quart every 2-3k miles...So apparently I have a vintage Porsche :) Other than that I'm very happy with the car, especially for 14k.

Ace

evilep3
02-05-2004, 01:45 AM
nothing yet, but both the front windows on my 97 civic lx went out recently... peices of crap!

dj addicted
02-05-2004, 07:21 AM
my clutch was squeaking for a while.. I took it to the dealership and they relubed it and now it is good..

itwasfate02si
02-05-2004, 08:20 AM
I had the clutch squeek, replaced master cyclinder, still squeeks. I know you have to put grease on there somewhere but I'm lazy and I'm used to the noise now.

Window creak when going up, had door assembly replace twice, still squeeks, used to noise now.

New complaint is sunroof rattles, haven't taken this to the dealership yet, it only makes noise when it's closed. Almost used to noise by now.....

Sarah

BlairSpeed
02-05-2004, 11:37 AM
My driver's side window doesnt creak, but the rubber seal around the window trim where the glass seals, is bent up and cause the window to jam when I "roll" it up. So, when I put the window down, it hesitates then shoots down like 4-5 inches and causes the window to shake. Now the glass is loose and I can move it around when its half way down. Eventually its gonna get stuck and i will be bummed.

My clutch pedal used to creak, but the dealership just added some grease to it and now its fine. At first they were going to replace my master cylinder but then decided to try grease first and it worked.

Other then those two things, my Si has been a perfect car!! :D

SIson21
02-06-2004, 01:46 AM
both my windows rattle when partially open,there is a rattling noise coming from my dash, and my clutch squeaks even after i brought it to the dealer

dofu
02-06-2004, 02:35 AM
is the squeak loud? soundin like a stock eclipse's bov? coz i gots that same problem and im hopin it will go away after i change the clutch out

GODZILLA
02-06-2004, 03:03 PM
i did a little experiment. i almost never put my windows down at all, so i decided to roll them down about 3/4 of the way everytime i drive the ep. guess what, the creaking noise has ceased(i can't even believe it. i mean i'm hittin potholes, drivin on somethin this state actually calls roads, and nothing.) the ep has quit it's whining!:D keep in mind this experiment could be flawed because i've only done it for two days, but holy shat that is a cheap fix if it continues to work. :confused: :D i still gotta fix the cluch pedal linkage sqeak though. does anybody know what the dealers apply the grease to and what's the easiest way to get to the area? i'm gonna try to get to that this weekend. thanks, i hope it's not a painfull cure. :'( :confused:

ecsahs3
02-07-2004, 04:54 AM
Sometimes my sunroof rattles, and sometimes I hear a rattle around the gauge cluster. My door lock rattles sometimes to, so I just lock the doors. I thought it was my windows at first.

EKON
02-13-2004, 01:00 PM
I have the same problem with both my windows, but its more like a squeek (its like the window is rubbing the rubber molding to the door frame).

the infamous cluch squeek
As for this issue. I just sprayed the clutch rod inside the car with WD40 and pushed it in and out....repeat til' noise is gone. Note: use a paper towel to cover the carpet from drips.

josephwillidog
02-15-2004, 04:28 PM
No squeaks, rattles or anything at all for me... I've had my car since November 2002. ONE small thing though... Everytime it rains hard, I can hear something like you thumping an empty Coke can. I don't think it's anything, its always done it, its just a bit annoying. But I still love her. lol