PDA

View Full Version : How bad do you want a type-R

hacim
09-27-2002, 09:13 AM
Check it out, I did some research on Honda's web site and I came up with the following information to make our demands heard for the type-R. The only way we can expect ot get results is to have about 3-400 people contact Honda. If we have only a few people do it we wont get the results we want. I have already sent an email to Honda in the U.K and I am mailing a letter to Honda here in the Unite States. Here is the information for you all to contact the people to complain to about the lack of the type-R here in the states.

This is the email adress for customer relations in the U.K

mark.jones@honda-eu.com
Here is the toll free number if you want to be heard right away

01753 590590

This is the mailing adress for customer relations here in the U.S

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Mark stop: 500-2N-7D
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

Here is the toll free number for customer relations in U.S

1-800-999-1009

Here is the toll free number for customer realtions in Canada

1-888-946-6329

Please keep everyone informed of your progress and feedback.

snubnose
09-27-2002, 02:30 PM
I called the US number imediately and left a documented request. The operator is going to forward my call to Honda.

!@#$%
09-27-2002, 02:35 PM
we should make this sticky, cmon, even if u dont want a type r....give a call for everyone else in america. we're all bros here right? ;)

hacim
09-27-2002, 02:52 PM
Out of all the people that have veiwed this so far and only 2 people are serious. What a crock of shit.

2sloSi
09-27-2002, 04:07 PM
Hacim, waz up dude, i'm just seein this post, hell yea i'm down! i'm gonna call the toll free # asap!

SarahVTEC
09-27-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by hacim
Out of all the people that have veiwed this so far and only 2 people are serious. What a crock of shit.

Don't be so angry. I mailed my letter yesterday! This will be my 3rd attempt at convincing Honda to import the Type R. Also, I addressed it to Executive VP - Tom Elliott. He is the man in charge of Honda's Automobile Sales Division. Good news, he wrote back once... :)

Si_Nutt
09-29-2002, 06:30 PM
I'm calling, writing, whatever it takes. I'll even trade my right nut! Thanx for the dope hacim.

hacim
09-30-2002, 10:25 AM
Seems like people are slowly getting into the drive for the CTR over here. We need all the people we can to get in on this so you all need to help out the EP crew.

sniperSI
09-30-2002, 04:17 PM
and wrote every contact. your the man, now can someone afford to get me better fininacing so i can get the type r if it comes lol

insomniac
09-30-2002, 05:25 PM
I'd love a type-r .....4-door sedan. Better yet, give us a 4-door with the Si engine, keep the street price under 18k and I'm in.

Import-a-TypeR
09-30-2002, 11:24 PM
I called Honda twice.

The first Lady said that something was "in the works." (She did not say it, but I got the feeling of 'no guarantees')

The second lady said "We do not have that information." I asked her to put me on the 'list' and she told me to go to www.hondacars.com and to put my comments there. Pissed me off, because I know there is no e-mail address at Honda

civic hatch boi
09-30-2002, 11:32 PM
sorry, but don't want a Ctr here in the states.. keep them in japan... im happy with seein a few of my kind.

hacim
10-01-2002, 07:29 AM
Well keep up the good work fellas, I am in the process of sending my second email and second letter. I havnt gotten a response yet and as for civic hatch boi, dont reply unless you want to help. Thats like asking someone that is drowning if they need a hand and then telling them I dont like seeing you around so bye bye. JERK.

hacim
10-03-2002, 08:11 AM
We cant let this thread die. Unless no one out there really wants to get a type-R. If thats the case then I dont want to see any more bitching about not having it over here.

sniperSI
10-03-2002, 09:52 AM
I called, and they blew me off talking about, 'its a company choice at the moment".

Acted like i was crazy for even calling.

bitch.

blacksvt
10-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Honda executives have recently been quoted as saying that they do not think that selling the 200HP Civic Type-R will canibalize sales of the Acura RS-X.

Honda is looking for a way to get out of the high performance Civic sales slump due to the fact that the Si is not selling well.

You never know though...just hope for the best!!!! :D

hacim
10-03-2002, 04:08 PM
Can you give a link that is an offical Honda site that can verify what you just posted?

blacksvt
10-03-2002, 04:38 PM
Sorry, this was a cut & paste from another Honda Forum, can't confirm this to be official info. But I know for a fact that sales are really low, low for everybody, I just talked my girlfriend into buying a new 2002 Civic EX coupe and the sales manager at the Honda dealership was saying that the SI is not selling well at all...same for the FORD SVT people, they were expecting to move about 7500 SVT focus, but Ford only ended up manufacturing 4500 of em. So everybody's hurting do to the economy, so most people don't wanna spend money on sports cars right now (according to the car manufacturers). Thats better for us, because I never see new SI's or SVT Foci on the road, more attention for us. ;)

redronin22
10-03-2002, 04:46 PM
too bad they dont only make svts in hatch like si's. that way it would be easier to spot them.

blacksvt
10-03-2002, 04:50 PM
SVT only makes hatchbacks for the FOCUS, you won't see any 4 door SVT non hatchbacks, unless your talking about the SVT Cobra or SVT Lightning which are totally different cars? I don't understand what your saying.

hacim
10-04-2002, 07:14 AM
I actualy read somewhere and I cant remember exactly where but Ford might be puting out a 4 door Focus SVT. Same thing you have just a 4 door. They showed a picture and it was red and it looked like a normal 4 door Focus.

blacksvt
10-04-2002, 07:58 AM
Yes, in 2003 SVT is supposed to come out with the 4 door hatchback version of the SVT, I don't think it will sell well, and I haven't heard anything about it lately....

sniperSI
10-04-2002, 01:13 PM
I personaly am glad sales are not that great @ the moment, i gurantee you'lll see 2342342 si's on the road in another year. Same shit with the new civic, when i got it in 2g i never saw on then a year later, i saw them as much as every other civic.

Enjoy the uniqueness the SI affords right now, it won't last long.

IceD out N CALI
10-04-2002, 03:08 PM
have not heard anything official from honda regarding the type R. It is all heresay