PDA

View Full Version : how do i install my type R shift knob?

godzzwill
02-04-2004, 07:24 PM
hey guys... i just bought a type-R shift knob... and im not sure how to get the metal ring to stay up while the new shift knob is in place....can u guys show me or tell me?... i'de really appreciate it...

Sivicboi
02-04-2004, 08:32 PM
There are a couple threads about this. Try searching, but it's pretty simple. Basically all you have to do is unscrew the stock shift knob and remove the plastic/chrome ring and the black adapter which holds the boot up I think? I would recomend you to also buy a type-r shift boot for a cleaner look. For a temp. fix you could either find a washer w/ the same diameter as the shifter, or you could use a rubber grommet+neoprene washer and zip-tie which is the way I went.

chubbychu
02-04-2004, 10:28 PM
ask memeber WILLIAM if he will make you a CTR boot clip. That will take care of the boot. than all you have to do is find a way to make the numbers face the right direction.

godzzwill
02-04-2004, 11:48 PM
hey sivicboi do u have any pictures of your shift knob?... i dont get how the boot would hold up using a washer..?

DeadMonkey
02-05-2004, 11:46 AM
There's also the shift boot adapter from Honda/Acura. Costs like 10 bucks from a dealership. :)