PDA

View Full Version : jdm taillight hookup

excivic98
02-05-2004, 07:17 AM
I want to wire my taillights up like the jdm ones with the rear foglight, at one time I found a DIY on here and now I cant find it. I tried searching for it for like an hour last night, I found a thread on it but the pictures were no longer showing up. Does anyone have DIY on this.

audomatik
04-27-2004, 07:48 PM
any luck on finding this? i just purchased the jdm ctr lights and wanted to know how to hook the fog up... thanks

HgSi
04-30-2004, 11:33 PM
I think the JDM ones might not have a foglight. I've seen pics somewhere and it looks like they don't have a socket there. The European ones have to because it's the law in Europe, but I don't know about Japan. See if either of your JDM lights has a bulb socket in the lowest part of the light. That's where the foglight goes on the European ones. On the USDM ones, the taillight/brakelight goes there. If there is no foglight, you can probably just drill a hole and install a bulb socket from Pep Boys or Auto Zone or whatever. But only on the left light. The foglight only goes on the left side of the car (in LHD countries, such as the US) so people won't confuse them with brakelights (which light up on both sides).

As for the wiring, you would have to do the wiring yourself, because our USDM cars probably don't have any of the wiring there.

Check out a Saab/Audi/Volvo on a rainy/couldy day to see how a foglight should look: Bright, and only on the left. So make sure you use fat wiring, and good connections so it won't melt because of the bright light.

03 Black EP3
05-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Can someone hook me up with a link on where to buy the JDM Tail lights?

audomatik
05-05-2004, 02:13 PM
JDM TAILLIGHTS CHEAP!!! (http://www.ebay.com)

STP03BlueSI
05-05-2004, 07:01 PM
There is no drilled out for the JDM ones. I know I have them on my car.

I would recommend not drilling in to your JDM/UK tails, just to install a socket:(

Chris

BarracksSi
05-05-2004, 09:08 PM
For the foglight, is this the same socket hole that serves as the regular USDM brake/running lights?

If so, shouldn't you be able to cut it out just like people have done with cutting out the JDM-like turn signal next to the reverse circle?

I'd really like to take advantage of the foglight feature if/when I ever get CTR taillights. If someone figures out the wiring, let the rest of us know, pleeeease.