PDA

View Full Version : throttle position sensor???

PAPITUYO326
02-05-2004, 11:47 AM
my friend needs a new one...any of u guys know where i can get a one??

DavidT
02-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Assuming your friend drives a Honda...you can get a TPS from your Honda dealer's parts department. :D You will get charged two balls, an arm, a leg and your left eyeball for it but if he needs one than that's what it's gonna cost.

Or you could try a junkyard that is willing to part with one or if they even have one...they will only charge the price of a left eye :D

oogy-boogy
02-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by DavidT
Assuming your friend drives a Honda...you can get a TPS from your Honda dealer's parts department. :D You will get charged two balls, an arm, a leg and your left eyeball for it but if he needs one than that's what it's gonna cost.

Or you could try a junkyard that is willing to part with one or if they even have one...they will only charge the price of a left eye :D

Try running a search on google or dogpile for some salvage yards. I remeber a huge Acura/Honda yard in Michigan with great prices. Unfortunately, I don't remember their name :(.

Vertigo
02-06-2004, 01:21 AM
I'm sure you might be able to pick one up at HAP Recycling (http://www.HAPrecycling.com)

Si4U2NV
02-06-2004, 01:16 PM
dude, go to upullit, i'll go with you if you want, it'll be used but itll be a LOTTTTTTTTTT cheaper than new...

BTW- i have some experience wit TPS i took my buddiez apart (off his 92 civic DX) and fixed it and his car runz fine now...

lemme know...

-Mike

PAPITUYO326
02-06-2004, 05:49 PM
thnx for the replies guys...its for my friend with a 00 civic lx...he suffered hydrolock and he got his whole engine redone...but they have pinpointed his problem to a faulty throttle position sensor...yeah dealer is chargin him a whole lot once again thnx for replies guys

PAPITUYO326
03-15-2004, 07:44 PM
alright my friend still hasnt gotten his a new tps...

will the tps of a 99 civic or a 99 integra fit his 01 civic lx??

we found a couple of these for cheap (under 20 bucks) and are curious as to whether they would work

Si4U2NV
03-15-2004, 08:26 PM
idunnoz much about the fitament but this is how i see it... tegs are 1.8 liters, 99 civics were 1.5 to 1.6 and 01 lx's are 1.7 liters...

dunnoz if the sensors changed but thatz something to think about...

-Mike