PDA

View Full Version : Possobile solution to the creeking noise?

ViViDPeArL
02-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Just as a thought, i don't know if anyone as thought of this yet, i'm using my knowledge from r/c cars to try and figure this out. :p anyway...here goes

It seems a lot of us who are lowered, and not, have problems with this noise and susposedly it's the steering rack arms...i was wondering (maybe this has already been covered, if so, SORRY!), instead of putting the arm ON TOP of the strut, what if we hook it up backwards, and hook it up from the bottom? this way, the arm will stay level...or i think it should be level. Cuz a lot of us with lowered ep's, the arm now has to pivot up wards...i figure if we switch the positioning of the arm, everything will be okay....what do you guys think?

tony speed
02-05-2004, 02:19 PM
the strut arm hole is tapered. you need special equipment to do that.

ViViDPeArL
02-06-2004, 01:19 AM
boo...also i didn't think about it, but the steering tie rods can't be flipped.

VNlilMAN
02-09-2004, 04:49 PM
ya they're tapered but if they werent, they can be flipped. Its just hard to.
What kind of creaking are you guys getting? what suspension are you guys running?

02SilverSiHB
02-09-2004, 06:22 PM
is the creak sound you are getting sound like a spooky movie with a coffin creaking open? and happens when you accelerate or slow down? then continuously squeaks while you turn the wheel, not matter how small of a radius or how fast/slow?

SilVic
02-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Ooh Ooh! that sounds like mine. i think read in your k-series post that it was the dust cap?

blackthreat
02-09-2004, 08:31 PM
that is igzzzzzzzzactly what it sounds like/ it embareses the shit out of me when i have someone in the car that has never been in it before or someone that knows nothing about cars/ cuz to them it just sounds like my car is broken/ then you add the banging from the passenger side front wheel well/ oh ya I have Tein SS

chubbychu
02-09-2004, 08:46 PM
mine clunk if i turn it too far....like....creaaaakkcreakkkCLUNKcrk crk...crk CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK....=o(

02SilverSiHB
02-09-2004, 08:57 PM
well for those that get the creak sound I was talking about...well, for me at least it's either one, or a combination of numbers 10/11, 9, and 7. I noticed that number 7 was grinded down to the medal and real scraped up on top. Number 9 was fucking toasted. for 10/11 (left/right) I figure they might be bad, but for now, I just ordered 7 and 9 to replace. When I install them, I'm going to find out what the exact element is that honda says they use to lube...I don't want to fuck with my suspension again.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13S5S01_B28.gif

plainol2k2si, I got that sound, way back when I first did the install on my springs. I only know it had something to do with the spring alignment, I was inexperienced at the time, so all I did was jack the car up and started turning the spring over and over, then put the car back down and the sound went away.

Peking
02-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
well for those that get the creak sound I was talking about...well, for me at least it's either one, or a combination of numbers 10/11, 9, and 7. I noticed that number 7 was grinded down to the medal and real scraped up on top. Number 9 was fucking toasted. for 10/11 (left/right) I figure they might be bad, but for now, I just ordered 7 and 9 to replace. When I install them, I'm going to find out what the exact element is that honda says they use to lube...I don't want to fuck with my suspension again.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13S5S01_B28.gif

plainol2k2si, I got that sound, way back when I first did the install on my springs. I only know it had something to do with the spring alignment, I was inexperienced at the time, so all I did was jack the car up and started turning the spring over and over, then put the car back down and the sound went away.

And for me it was lubing 9,7,2. Pretty much where ever you find the OEM greese. Also pulling on the dust boot and smearing some lube on the top of that doesn't hurt either :D

chubbychu
02-09-2004, 09:09 PM
cool