PDA

View Full Version : JDM climate cluster

jerseyjew
02-05-2004, 06:12 PM
I just recently realized this is black and not the USDM tacky silver. I would love to have that console. Does anyone know where this could be purchased??? I was thinking about painting, but then again paint chips.

Rey
02-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Pics? I have no idea what your talking about.

fishboy
02-05-2004, 06:48 PM
are you taling about the entire silver part? you can buy something black that covers the whole silver part? :confused:

the JigGa mAn
02-05-2004, 06:50 PM
im confused...is there a pic you can show us/me?

dofu
02-05-2004, 06:56 PM
pleez post a pic...

Rey
02-05-2004, 06:57 PM
he might be thinking of the carbon fiber dash kit

shimmy_yaz
02-05-2004, 07:05 PM
This thread is useless without pics but I am very interested as to what he is talking about

DavidT
02-05-2004, 07:26 PM
He's talking about some of the JDM CTR's. They came with a black center dash part (The whole silver part of our dash is flat black like the rest of the dash). It looks really clean and nice. I'm sure you could get it to work. I know the wiring is alittle different (It uses a different switch to turn on the dash lights vs the USDM models) and if you don't mind the climate control knobs on the other side :D

02situner
02-05-2004, 07:51 PM
does noone have pics?

KickerSi
02-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Okay, I may have been on crack but I could have sworn that I saw a pic of an EP with the climate controls in the center and teh vents on the side. Can anyone help me?

jerseyjew
02-05-2004, 09:00 PM
He's talking about some of the JDM CTR's. They came with a black center dash part (The whole silver part of our dash is flat black like the rest of the dash). It looks really clean and nice. I'm sure you could get it to work. I know the wiring is alittle different (It uses a different switch to turn on the dash lights vs the USDM models) and if you don't mind the climate control knobs on the other side

This is exactly what I was talking about. It looks very clean. There is a article in the newest Honda Tuning Magazine called Type R 2 B. The EP3 they are putting together has numerous parts from a smashed CTR. It has the black center climate cluster. I searched for pics but came up with nothing. Sorry.

Kis4KEN
02-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by jerseyjew
I just recently realized this is black and not the USDM tacky silver. I would love to have that console. Does anyone know where this could be purchased??? I was thinking about painting, but then again paint chips.

actually in my HYPER REV mag... its still silver. when imagestation works properly again, i'll take a pic.

Bruce02si
02-05-2004, 10:22 PM
yeah i know exactly what your talkin about i got that mag also but it was a pain in the ass for him he got it from a wrecked japan TYPE R hard to get plus he dosent even have it working cause he dosnt have all the eletrical for it to me it seems like a waste of time and money yeah it hot it has a full screen display but are cars arnt luxury cars it dosnt need that they need turbos

ep3hatchattack
02-05-2004, 10:32 PM
From time to time you can find it on ebay hovering around.. Just gotta keep an eye out....... ;)

STP03BlueSI
02-06-2004, 08:17 AM
PICS OR BAN...jk:D

mxp
02-06-2004, 09:49 AM
i don't really know what part you see is blach however that being said here is the pic of the jdm center console

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/civic-r/interior/cockpit/cockpit.jpg

DavidT
02-06-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by mxp
i don't really know what part you see is blach however that being said here is the pic of the jdm center console

Notice in my post I said "some" JDM models. Not all JDM models came with the black center dash part. It was an option..and I believe most of the black center dash pieces came with a GPS Navagation system. :eek: Drool :D

jerseyjew
02-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Yes since the JDM Type R has that double din insert on the dash putting in my own Nav system would be a lot easier. I wouldn't really mind the controls on the right side. My girlfriend is always playing with the heat anyway. Now it will just be closer to her :D

enecks
02-06-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by KickerSi
Okay, I may have been on crack but I could have sworn that I saw a pic of an EP with the climate controls in the center and teh vents on the side. Can anyone help me?

I know the 30th anniversary edition european market (not UK) CTR has that setup.

GrahamBo '02
02-06-2004, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't mind those integrated turn signal mirrors (a la MB) on the UK Type-r :)

Linkage:
http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/newcars/gallery.jsp?yearId=2004&modelId=10413&bodyId=10732&bodyDescription=Type-R&engineId=&badgeId=&transmissionId=&colourId=&colourAllocationId=&wheelPartNo=

PanchoEp3
02-07-2004, 04:32 PM
those integrated turn signals with the power folding would be pimp as hell.