PDA

View Full Version : snow fun with my EP

siver-SI
02-05-2004, 06:35 PM
Well on my way to class today witch I am in right now I had some fun on my ride there. We got some ice and then some snow just starting before I left for class and with now plows out yet the roads were nice and slick.

I am finding out on my EP it am letting the rear end slid out when ever I do a sharp turn, and I think that is because of the crap stock tires and me going a little to fast. I have to say it does not bug me at all that this happends since it is easy to control are car when there rear end is lose. But I did have fun in a S turn.

When into the first part of the turn ok but when I got out of the second turn and just leaving the S my rear end went and my front had not grip at all. So I was sliding into the other lane but since I was back roading I was lucky since there was no other trafic. I got sideways enought that I had a good look at the the ditch and had figured out were I wanted to land my EP if I did not get it under control. But I just did a small tap on the brakes and with the weight going foward on the car the front got grip and I was able to catch up with the rear and went on my way. After it was ok I do have to say it was a lot of fun reminded me of my last season of racing at my local oval track were I love runing a lose race car.

I have found a few things that are good with are EP in snow. With some what lose just off the rear just turn into the rear end to catc up with it and most of the time you do not have to let off the gas. When you get very lose were the front end is going just let off the gas and tap the brakes very lightly to bring some weight to the front and you can get traction back. The key is though not to much brake at all though because you will go for a loop.

I do have to say these tires suck. I am watching a lot of cars that can handle a turn just as fast as me but they do not slid.

If you want to have fun with you ep find and empty parking lot and go sliding with you ep. For some reason this car is even a lot of fun in the snow.

k20whiteboi269
02-05-2004, 06:47 PM
i agree its a fun car to go drifting through the snow in a meijer parking lot at 3am, but im not impressed with the traction through any amount of snow over 3 inches:( i didnt buy my car for the capabilites of winter driving so i guess my car serves its purpose for me....

denmah
02-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by k20whiteboi269
i agree its a fun car to go drifting through the snow in a meijer parking lot at 3am, but im not impressed with the traction through any amount of snow over 3 inches:( i didnt buy my car for the capabilites of winter driving so i guess my car serves its purpose for me....

its just the tires, there really only made for dry weather.

if you toss on some snow tires the ep does great.

priest6479
02-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Today In Jersey it was a lil snowy, I was ebraking around turns today, it's quite a fun little car in the snow, I drove it in half a foot of snow, it does alright, not my old Pickup but it does grab pretty good, once you get going.

STP03BlueSI
02-06-2004, 12:24 PM
no pics?:D

priest6479
02-06-2004, 12:39 PM
We all outta meet up in a snowstorm and take pics of all of us doing donuts and all sorts of crazy crap in the snow.

Mugen Power
02-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Being that I'm in upstate NY right now, I have that opportunity almost everyday. :smilem: :sadm:

rgGolf4
02-06-2004, 06:29 PM
i got some Micheline Arctic Alpines for this winter and they are great. I haven't slipped or skidded this whole winter (well at least when I didn't want too:D )

Loudpedal
02-07-2004, 08:04 AM
I've got a set of winter Michelin Arctic Alpins on my EP as well. Tires grip well, but with the CTR 22mm rear sway let's just say that it's easy to kick out the rear when desired.

siver-SI
02-07-2004, 08:39 AM
I have been thinking maybe for next year if I do not get some extra cash for a cheap 4x4 I may just get winter tires in these rims and if I get some new rims this year I will take them off. So that way I have performace tires and rims in summer and winter tires and rims that I do not car about as much in winter.

Accordexcpe95
02-07-2004, 08:48 AM
u mean something like this: :p
Drift (1.9MB) (http://members.cox.net/billywcc/pix/117-1725_MVI.AVI)

siver-SI
02-07-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Accordexcpe95
u mean something like this: :p
Drift (1.9MB) (http://members.cox.net/billywcc/pix/117-1725_MVI.AVI)

Yea that is about it.

STP03BlueSI
02-07-2004, 10:13 AM
MORE PICS MORE MOVIES!!:D

Loudpedal
02-07-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
I have been thinking maybe for next year if I do not get some extra cash for a cheap 4x4 I may just get winter tires in these rims and if I get some new rims this year I will take them off. So that way I have performace tires and rims in summer and winter tires and rims that I do not car about as much in winter.

That is the best thing from a handling point of view that you could do (not to mention safety).

priest6479
02-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Yeah that's what I do =)

BLKNJEP03
02-11-2004, 09:19 AM
my driveway was plowed this past storm and with the wind, the snow drifts were higher than the originaly snow.. my car zipped right through the drift...i was pushing some with the front end and scraped bottom of the car for a good 30 feet..

the parking lot scene is good for drifting around the light poles.. Use your E-brake

STP03BlueSI
02-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BLKNJEP03
my driveway was plowed this past storm and with the wind, the snow drifts were higher than the originaly snow.. my car zipped right through the drift...i was pushing some with the front end and scraped bottom of the car for a good 30 feet..

the parking lot scene is good for drifting around the light poles.. Use your E-brake

This
Thread
Is
Worthless
With
Out
Pics!

:D

BLKNJEP03
02-11-2004, 12:24 PM
next snowstorm!! n u got it buddy

Mugen Power
02-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
This
Thread
Is
Worthless
With
Out
Pics!

:D

I don't see the excitement in looking at pics of a car playing in the snow but I guess it's different for someone in Florida. :smilem:

BLKNJEP03
02-11-2004, 03:21 PM
hey man where in jersey?....pm me or sumtin