PDA

View Full Version : it sounds stupid, but check the nut on top of the strut.

jaydub
02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
I went outside to fool around under the hood and after 4 months of having my springs on, the nut was literally loose enough to turn with my fingers. It had been fully torqued beforehand, as well.

Just to be safe, check yours to make sure it's snug. Doing so alleviated *some* of my squeaks (though not all because I have to grease the stuff this weekend).

This public service annoucement is brought to you by an idiot who didn't bother to double check things a week after installation, and the dealership who didn't bother to check it when I got an alignment. :)

Enjoy!

Peking
02-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
I went outside to fool around under the hood and after 4 months of having my springs on, the nut was literally loose enough to turn with my fingers. It had been fully torqued beforehand, as well.

Just to be safe, check yours to make sure it's snug. Doing so alleviated *some* of my squeaks (though not all because I have to grease the stuff this weekend).

This public service annoucement is brought to you by an idiot who didn't bother to double check things a week after installation, and the dealership who didn't bother to check it when I got an alignment. :)

Enjoy!

Thanks, I always check. Cause I worry to much :(