PDA

View Full Version : Tein Coil Over

Fizz Autosports
09-27-2002, 04:43 PM
We have installed Tein Coil Over today on 2002 Civic Si.

Customer loved that for your info.

fizzautosports.com

FiZZ-EP3
09-27-2002, 05:23 PM
Damn did that person love the Teins:p :p :D :D Wonder who it was that got em? hehehe

SpeedRacer
09-27-2002, 05:25 PM
where on the website am i suppose to look?

ottawa_ep
09-27-2002, 06:33 PM
Sweet. Im very interested in this setup... but how much $$$?

2fastcivic
09-27-2002, 06:36 PM
did he have to enlarge the bolt holes? was it the ss kit?

FiZZ-EP3
09-27-2002, 06:38 PM
Yup, SS kit...call up Fizz for a price.

fishboy
09-28-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by FiZZ-EP3
Damn did that person love the Teins:p :p :D :D Wonder who it was that got em? hehehe

yup, definitely gay.

FiZZ-EP3
09-28-2002, 06:33 PM
fishboy, why you gotta hate me?? oh yeah, maybe cause I got Teins and you got stock suspension just to name 1 of the MANY things I have and you don't:p

ThickMick
09-28-2002, 08:37 PM
Did Fizzautosports do the installation for you or did you go to a nearby shop? Do they install headers and exhaust? I want to get all my stuff done in one shot and it would be great if I could drop it off and come back with it ready to go.

CleanBlackSi02
09-29-2002, 10:23 AM
Let us all know how it works out for ya. I've been thinking about gettin the Tein coilovers eventually....

MugenR
09-29-2002, 02:46 PM
Fizz-EP3,
I was at Fizz Friday night buying my intake. I spoke to the guys there and they told me about your suspention. How do you like it? Hows the ride feel? Is it to stiff?

They also told me you got the buddy Club wing. Did you get it installed yet?
Let me know, I am going to be buying the Tein in a week or two and would like to know what you think
Thanks
Drew

2fastcivic
09-29-2002, 04:16 PM
i'd rather wait for the end of october when the ss kit and flex comes out and will not require any enlarging of any holes. the kit is gonna be made for the 02 si. and redline motorsports gave me a good price. how much is fizz offering for their kit w/ shipping?

spoonek4
10-04-2002, 08:33 PM
If u live in any area that have snow during winter. Then don't get TEIN. It'll end up rusting and having all of the perches seized up like my TEIN HR.

TypeFLEX MAYBE a little better since I remember it has anodized shock body. But not 100% sure. So do more research before u purchase anything.

IMO wait until more choices comes out from Europe and Japan first. Then decide which set u wanna go for.:)

IceD out N CALI
10-04-2002, 10:16 PM
do you have any pics of the tein's installed on the 02 si, at its lowest setting??

spoonek4
10-05-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
do you have any pics of the tein's installed on the 02 si, at its lowest setting??

If u just want a slammed ride look then don't waste your money on TEIN. Get some coilover spring kit which cost a lot less.

FiZZ-EP3
10-05-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by spoonek4

If u just want a slammed ride look then don't waste your money on TEIN. Get some coilover spring kit which cost a lot less.

oh, ok, so then i guess Tein is just an EXPENSIVE set of coilovers. why waste your $$ on coilovers and feel like you're driving offroad all the time? just buying any cheap coilovers isn't what i suggest. Tein has full height adjustability and 24-way adjustability, so you can have your ride SLAMMED & RIDE AS SOFT AS STOCK!;)

spoonek4
10-05-2002, 07:01 PM
First of all, I just meant that if u want a slammed LOOK, then some ground control sort of coilover spring kits can provide what u want. He doesn't need to spend that much of money on a set of TEIN/Buddy Club/ZEAL coilovers etc when he is not going to lapping days or auto-x etc. He can simply spend the extra money on something else.

Although that's what I won't do for sure since I go auto-x and track days with my civic.

And are u talking about TEIN SS? If u're, then u have to sacrifice your suspension travel when u get the lowest ride. I won't get TEIN HR myself if it's not DIRRRRRRT cheap. I bought it used. It doesn't worth much once ppl know they'll rust up like crazy.

Now I'm targeted on a set of ZEAL Super Function. Or Buddy Club racing spec dampers. At least something that's stroke adjustable, big piston size(42mm up)so I don't have to worry about suspension travel.

JayDMep
10-05-2002, 10:06 PM
I got the tein ss kit installed yesterday along with a set of gram-lites (pics soon) And i love it, the ride is great and it handles like a champ best mod yet!
-jay

spoonek4
10-05-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by JayDMep
I got the tein ss kit installed yesterday along with a set of gram-lites (pics soon) And i love it, the ride is great and it handles like a champ best mod yet!
-jay

I like gramlites a lot too. Pretty light and affordable I guess.

IceD out N CALI
10-05-2002, 10:13 PM
cant wait to see the pics

LeperCon
03-08-2003, 10:53 AM
FYI, Fizz quoted me $1990 for Tein Flex suspension w/EDFC. Let me know if anyone has found a better deal.

Makross
03-10-2003, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JayDMep
-jay [/QUOTE
i can wait for the pics either

Tekdemon
05-04-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm curious if the EDFC fitting problems with our limited engine space are worked out ok?

Also, does the Flex setup rust too easily?

That's my dream setup, Flex plus EDFC but if the EDFC doesn't fit then that's a problem =P

Fizz Autosports
05-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Flex with EDFC is worked out for your EPs now :) they have a different EDFC unit which is used to fit in with your limited space

also other then the HA units the rest of the tein line was coated to prevent rusting that is why most HA units were replaced by the SS

SHAKEnBAKE
05-05-2003, 10:48 PM
how bout the TEIN Basic? Any word on that?

2k3vbpEP
05-06-2003, 12:56 PM
It depends on which gram lights you get. The one piece are about 250 per wheel for 17x7 and the 2 piece which is even lighter is around 350. Pretty soon I will be getting a set of Tein Type flex and the Volk GT-C's on my SI and I'll let everyone know what I think of them