PDA

View Full Version : getting my rims put on...

IIx 03 EP xII
02-07-2004, 10:03 AM
how much does it cost to get rims put on. i have some 16 inch rota slips that i want to get put on today... so how much did yall pay to get it all put on and aligned and all that junks?!

Peking
02-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by IIx 03 EP xII
how much does it cost to get rims put on. i have some 16 inch rota slips that i want to get put on today... so how much did yall pay to get it all put on and aligned and all that junks?!

What do you mean by saying getting the rims on? Do you mean putting the tires on the rim or the rim on the car? You are looking at anywhere from $50-$70 for the alignment.

Are you lowered, and have adjustable camber? Cause if you do, then tell them that you have adjustable camber bolts and arms so they can adjust them correctly.

Civicvtec1ps
02-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Be more specific?

Mounting and Balancing would cost around $50.
If that's what you are asking..

klik
02-07-2004, 11:52 AM
noob Q, do u really need a alignment after u put a new set of wheels on? cuz when i put my spring on i already had a alignment.

Peking
02-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by klik
noob Q, do u really need a alignment after u put a new set of wheels on? cuz when i put my spring on i already had a alignment.

I would think not, depending on who they come from. They might need to be balanced. Even so I do remember reading some folks balancing anyway when they get them on.

02SilverSiHB
02-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Peking
I would think not, depending on who they come from. They might need to be balanced. Even so I do remember reading some folks balancing anyway when they get them on.
yeah, I don't think any of us would need an alignment just from swapping out some rims, but some hardcore people will. Like if the rim you are getting has a different offset, etc. I wouldn't do it :D