PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Side Window Switch

twiztidsals
02-07-2004, 11:26 AM
It always bothered me that the passenger side window switch does not light up. Does anyone know the part number for a single that has the amber illumination? I'm not sure what (if any) other honda cars have our color. Thanks!

STP03BlueSI
02-07-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by twiztidsals
It always bothered me that the passenger side window switch does not light up. Does anyone know the part number for a single that has the amber illumination? I'm not sure what (if any) other honda cars have our color. Thanks!

I dont know of any...but i will look in to it on monday:)

shimmy_yaz
02-08-2004, 04:31 PM
It bothers me that the passenger window switch on the driver side doesnt have the auto down feature

skooba
02-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
It bothers me that the passenger window switch on the driver side doesnt have the auto down feature

i agree, anyone got a solution to this?

recognition
02-08-2004, 05:58 PM
heres my driver side illuminated switches, passenger side is the same.
Just milled a hole out to fit a piece of perspex then put in an led and resistor and thats pretty much it!

http://www.recognitiondesigns.com/images/window_led1.jpg

http://www.recognitiondesigns.com/images/window_led2.jpg

VividDreams
02-09-2004, 05:40 PM
maybe you could go to the honda dealer, buy2 of the driver's window switch, and the auto down circuity for each, then convert everything over, youll have auto down and lighted buttons on the drvers side for both windows, plus the passenger will have auto down and a lit up button, may cost around $100 though

recognition
02-09-2004, 06:38 PM
using another drivers window switch would be okay for lighting it, (still need to add led and resistor thou) but the actual switch itself might not be as straight forward.
When i took mine apart to add the led, the two switches are totally different and have different outputs soldered on the board.
i believe it is possible but you'll need some good electrical knowledge!

VividDreams
02-09-2004, 06:50 PM
yeah, i figured as much, typical honda!(in a good way though)

FreakSoft
02-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by VividDreams
maybe you could go to the honda dealer, buy2 of the driver's window switch, and the auto down circuity for each, then convert everything over, youll have auto down and lighted buttons on the drvers side for both windows, plus the passenger will have auto down and a lit up button, may cost around $100 though

I asked about this at my local Honda dealer a few months back. The guy told me I would have to change the motor in the passenger side and that the autodown button only comes in a two switch (one auto one non-auto) block. So no dice.

Kis4KEN
02-17-2004, 10:42 PM

how often do you sit on the passenger's side? me? only when i'm drunk

skooba
02-17-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Kis4KEN
how often do you sit on the passenger's side? me? only when i'm drunk

reread what he said kis4ken. he said he wants the auto down for the passenger window on the drivers side

shimmy_yaz
02-18-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by skooba
reread what he said kis4ken. he said he wants the auto down for the passenger window on the drivers side

yes that is exactly right thanks skooba

I hardly ever use air conditioning i kjust don't like it in a car. I prefer to have the windows down and enjoy the breeze. It would just kinda be a convenience factor i guess. I know on my friends celica he just had to do something with the wiring and his does it know.

VividDreams
02-22-2004, 11:29 AM
I prefer to have the windows down and enjoy the breeze.

im with you, except, i like the AC for those real humid days. thats pretty much the only time i use it