PDA

View Full Version : how much $$$ for mugen suspension install??

Si Death
02-07-2004, 02:11 PM
yeah approx how much would it cost for mugen suspension to be installed by a shop????? including install for camber kit then adjusting camber and so on.

Mighty_Mouse
02-07-2004, 03:00 PM
You don't need a camber kit with the Mugens. King installed mine for about $140, including the alignment.

Si Death
02-07-2004, 03:41 PM
are u sure, i did some searches and alot have said that i need a camber kit or at least a rear camber.

Mighty_Mouse
02-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Did you ask Mugen or King?

idrive
02-07-2004, 04:13 PM
dude... ive got 20k pretty much slammed on skunks with -2.4 camber in the rear... with NO camber wear...

but then again i drive like a maniac and rotate them every oil change...

i DOUBT you'll need a camber kit for mugens 1in? drop...

trk
02-07-2004, 04:23 PM
no camber kit needed... rear will be under or around -1 degree.

160 install with sway bar...

Si Death
02-07-2004, 04:54 PM
wow awesome. that makes things a bit easier for me

THMotorsports
02-07-2004, 05:54 PM
I agree with them all, taht under a 1.5" dropper, you dont need a camber kit. But, if you ever plan on dropping more, it is always a good idea. Do it right the first time is my belief, because I have done it half ass way too muich and in the long run lost too much cash

Mighty_Mouse
02-07-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Truehonda
I agree with them all, taht under a 1.5" dropper, you dont need a camber kit. But, if you ever plan on dropping more, it is always a good idea. Do it right the first time is my belief, because I have done it half ass way too muich and in the long run lost too much cash

You can't drop the Mugens below 1.4", so it's a waste of time and money getting a camber kit. If you ever want more of a drop, you've got to take everything apart again anyway.

Si Death
02-07-2004, 06:06 PM
well isnt it a 1.5 inch drop??? i heard its like the eiback sportlines and ppl who has those springs has a camber kit??? ahhh im confused.

02civicSI
02-07-2004, 06:10 PM
do the install yourself and save some cash and learn a little about your car in the process :)

Si Death
02-07-2004, 06:24 PM
id love to do it but i really dont trust myself and last thing i want to do is mess up my car:D

trabadoo22
02-07-2004, 07:47 PM
From what I've heard with people who have the Mugen suspension all but one person installed a camber kit. The person who didn't install the camber kit was boarder line of needed one, sorry I can't remember the specs. If you do some searching on here you may be able to dig up the thread. I asked the same question a while back when I got my Mugens suspension. I havn't had a chance to install them yet or I'de be able to help you out a little more. Now about how much it would cost to install them, I asked around locally before I got mine and I was told $350. That seems to be rediculously high though. It seems like most people on here pay about $150.

Peking
02-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 02civicSI
do the install yourself and save some cash and learn a little about your car in the process :)

It is a much easier process. You take out the whole strut housing, and insert the Mugens. Ask hatch, si hatch. He has them, and was there when we did my H&R springs. Big difference not having to take the springs off.

Si Death
02-07-2004, 09:04 PM
ok so apparently i do need a camber kit, gahh alright thnx

Mighty_Mouse
02-07-2004, 09:52 PM
No, you still don't need a camber kit. Not sure where you guys are getting your information, but if you want to waste your money, go right ahead. Talk to Mugen or talk to King. Search here and at clubrsx. Most people do NOT have camber kits.

Peking
02-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
No, you still don't need a camber kit. Not sure where you guys are getting your information, but if you want to waste your money, go right ahead. Talk to Mugen or talk to King. Search here and at clubrsx. Most people do NOT have camber kits.

Yeah, I agree with Mighty-Mouse 100%. I can only tell one member telling you to get it. I too believe it is not needed with your moderate drop.

Si Death
02-08-2004, 12:26 AM
haha ok i wont get it then. Say i did need a camber kit, how long will it take for me to notice that i need one??

LannyM
02-08-2004, 07:06 AM
I would get the Mugen on, and then drive around for a couple of weeks to let it fully settle. Then bring it in for an alignment. If the shop can't get it within spec, then you might need a camber kit; it depends on how far off it is. If it's way off, you could blow through a set of tires in a few thousand miles. If it just a little off in the rear, you could end up with normal life on you tires by rotating them every 5k or so to opposite corners....

Some people here blow through tires in a few K anyway:).....

SONIC SI
03-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Well I just got back from the alignment shop and the rear was only .1 degree of negative camber off from the specified range in the rear and that is with Mugen Sport suspension and no camber kit. He said I could put one on but don't really need one.

yomamaInMySi
03-16-2004, 11:28 AM
As per king, any lower than 1.3 then you need it.

Peking
03-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi
As per king, any lower than 1.3 then you need it.

Do you mean me (As per King)??? From what others have said and what I have seen. Anything lower than 1.5" is worthy of camber adjustment :)

trabadoo22
03-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Ok, I installed the Mugen suspension a couple of days ago and also got an alignment. I did install a camber kit in the rear so I could get it corrected if it needed it. The camber before correction was:

.4LF, .2RF The front was fine so no camber correction was needed.
1.7LR, 2.3RR The rear camber did need to be corrected.

After correction:

.9LR, .7RR.

So basically the rear was off, but it wasn't horrible. Either way if I had to do it again I would still have gotten the camber kit.

EKON
03-17-2004, 12:56 AM
I called king motorsports today, and they said that we don't need a camber kit.

EKON