PDA

View Full Version : Tine Suspension

SickMugenEP3
02-07-2004, 11:27 PM
I just got my Tine flex kit and was wondering if anyone had this kit and was willing to give some input on how you like your kit

chunky
02-07-2004, 11:28 PM
you mean tein? pronounced "tane"

tooshay
02-08-2004, 12:37 AM
had my tein flex kit about a year ago and i luv them. they're great. nice smooth ride when i want and when i need to race or go fast, just a push of a button will do that. worth every penny of the $2k i spent to get and put them on.

stickmoney
02-08-2004, 01:44 AM
SickMugenEP3 & TooShay Where did you both buy your kits from. Im very interested in this kit but only know of one place who sells them.

===================
stickmoney

the JigGa mAn
02-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by tooshay
had my tein flex kit about a year ago and i luv them. they're great. nice smooth ride when i want and when i need to race or go fast, just a push of a button will do that. worth every penny of the $2k i spent to get and put them on.

EDFC ay? when i frst started lookin at the flex kit it said that the EDFC motor would not fit...im guessing that i can get the flex kit with the EDFC now? b/c that is what i really want...or else idk what imma get

tooshay
02-08-2004, 04:19 AM
the edfc fits fine. when i got it, i didn't hear anything about it not fitting. no problem with the fitting. for me, it came down to the jic flt-a2 vs. the tein flex w/ edfc. i heard good things about both and they are very similar except the tein flex has a remote to adjust the stiffnes. so i got the tein flex. there are lots of places that sells it for a good price. the flex kit is around 1600 bux and the edfc is around 300 bux. i'll post some pix if you guys want to see.

just my 3 cents for you guys.

Eee Pee
02-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by tooshay
i'll post some pix if you guys want to see.
Do we need to ask? Post 'em up!

the JigGa mAn
02-08-2004, 10:06 AM
awesome thanx for the info on the edfc...looks like im lookin to get flex with edfc again...

one more thing...did you do the install your self? if so how hard is it with the edfc and all...and if not about how much did you pay to get it all installed...

and another thing.. what about camber kit? would i need one?

Dunrick
02-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by chunky
you mean tein? pronounced "tane"

Nah, its pronounced 'tan'

Civicvtec1ps
02-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Blah, EDFC is waste of money!
SickMugenEP3
Why don't you install tein flex since you bought them already.

jaydub
02-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Dunrick
Nah, its pronounced 'tan'

wrong, it's pronounced "TAIN," rhymes with main. Call their phone number and you'll hear how they pronounce it.

seattlecivic
02-08-2004, 01:16 PM
I know how to speak Japanese and its more like the tain sound. Like whats Jaydub said. There is a little break in the middle though... like "tayen" if your hardcore english speaker, then your probably saying tea-in ;-) T-IN hehe... "my 2 cents"

Oh yeah, my basics are fine. The front is great.. just the back of it needs to be trimmed like a previous post explained :-) I left mine alone though. Its fine with me!

the JigGa mAn
02-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
awesome thanx for the info on the edfc...looks like im lookin to get flex with edfc again...

one more thing...did you do the install your self? if so how hard is it with the edfc and all...and if not about how much did you pay to get it all installed...

and another thing.. what about camber kit? would i need one?

bump...anyone know?

Civicvtec1ps
02-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
bump...anyone know?
Yes, You would want to buy rear camber kit.
You won't need replacement front camber bolts because tein flex comes with front camber plates.
Installation should be easy and straight forward.
Expect to pay close to $2000.
EDFC is pointless, too much money for bling factor.
EDFC might be helpful if you are seriously into road racing..

jaydub
02-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Also, if you're gonna shell out the bucks for the EDFC, wait and see if the Super EDFC is out. It's constantly variable, meaning it changes the shock pressure continually. It's hard to describe, but having seen it at the SEMA show, it was pretty trick (and pretty useless for a street car).

the JigGa mAn
02-09-2004, 09:34 PM
i like the bling of the EDFC...i played with a demo at a local shop once and it was cool..idk about the Super EDFC b/c itll prolly cost alot more than the regular EDFC...

not big on road racing i just drive alot and drive very spiritedly

jaydub
02-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Then honestly for anything less than racing, I can't see why you'd want to spend that money on the EDFC unless you were just trying to showboat n' stuff.

the JigGa mAn
02-10-2004, 06:22 AM
lol...i just think that having the edfc would be cool...and if i get the edfc it wont be my money that im spending itll be insurance money