PDA

View Full Version : top complaints

prestoguy124
02-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Okay, so im totally new to this forum and have heard many great things about the help it has to offer.. and i was just wonderin.. what are some of your top complaints about the car? it can be anythin.. rangin from just the overall look to any type of engine problem.. i just wanna know the cons from actual owners who love their cars rather than read a review from some person who doesnt even own the car.. im askin this because i want to buy a ep in the near future and want to know what to look out for.. thanks alot appreciate any feed back..

the JigGa mAn
02-08-2004, 12:18 AM
cons for me = 0...i cant find a single thing wrong with my car...interior is awesome and comfy, engine some may call it underpowered i think its fun as hell for daily driving, exterior i get looks all the time and when its clean it looks nice :D, sussy is fun from the factory...to me its perfect

thats jus what i think...and it is my first car so i have nothing to compare it to..

skooba
02-08-2004, 12:19 AM
ill sum up mine real quick before anyone tells you to use the search button :p

1. stock wheels are gross
2. stock tires are no good
3. stock height is way too high
4. seat belt is located too far back from seat
5. tranny sucks while shifting into 2nd gear sometimes
6. the visors feel cheap

thats all i can think of at the moment, but i still love my car. these problems can all be fixed quite easily, so its all good, except for that damn tranny........

Si Death
02-08-2004, 12:24 AM
rattling noises!!!!!! especially the ones from the passenger compartment.

enecks
02-08-2004, 12:24 AM
a few of us complain about the transmission because 2nd and 3rd gear can do some weird things sometimes. we also complain about the 6800rpm redline and spend $600 to have it raised to 7700rpm. we complain about the stock suspension height and claim it makes the car look like a 4x4. we complain that the civic Type R gets all the cool shit (steering wheel, seats, carpet, k20a...) and we just get moderately spiffy shit. we complain about the paint flaking off the emergency brake handle. we complain about the seatbelt rubbing the seat. we complain about the moonroof's half-close safety feature. we complain about dealers assuming we beat the shit out of our cars. we complain about people who think our cars are ugly and/or mini-vanesque. as you can see, we tend to complain about really minor things, because, well, it's a honda--there's nothing majorly wrong with it.

the JigGa mAn
02-08-2004, 12:33 AM
wow you all must have gotten the rotten batch of EPs...i have yet to have a problem (that was caused from factory) like the 2nd gear crunch i had it for a few days and never had it since..my ebrake is still like new..idk what your talkin about the CTR gettin cooler seats? only the 30th aniversy got the recaros and the steering wheel is pretty much the same except ours doesnt say "MOMO"...i do get the ugly comments but i dont give a fuck i didnt buy the car to please other people i bought it to mak me happy:D

goy091
02-08-2004, 12:43 AM
it's too damn slow

(put's on flame suit)

siver-SI
02-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by vbp si 03

6. the visors feel cheap

thats all i can think of at the moment, but i still love my car. these problems can all be fixed quite easily, so its all good, except for that damn tranny........

1) Agree
2) Agree
3) Agree (a lot after market stuff coming out to help in looks though)
4) With being 6'3" did not find this a problem
5) hell yea one going battel with my dealership
6) Yea :(

DavidT
02-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Only grip I had about the car is stock height is 4x4ish, and stock rev limiter limits motor's capabilities at 6800 RPMs. But those are both fixed now and my EP is RAADDDD!

SiRman
02-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Lack of K20A motor.

Civicvtec1ps
02-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Stock wheels aren't too bad actually.
Stock height is awful.
Got that taken care of already.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-08-2004, 04:46 PM
i have no real complaints... besides the glovecompartment squeeking/rattling noise that just started!!! could be cuz of my exhaust/intake noise that kind vibrates the car. and about our car being ugly or whatever... those people are just ignorant. i went to a lil meet up at sonic... of most the local imports... when i rolled up it turned heads, and when i tell people it is my car... they dont say 'aww that sucks'... they say 'thats awesome dude... you are lucky'. thats just my two cents though. i guess that is mostly the guys with regular civics or other people that love hondas.

k20hatch
02-08-2004, 05:13 PM

6. the visors feel cheap

1. There not to bad
2. Agree
3. Monster truck style
4. Doesnt bother me
5. Sucks till you get it all replace
6. Doesnt matter to me

prestoguy124
02-08-2004, 10:59 PM
hey guys.. thanks for the MUCH needed info.. about that 1-2 gear problem.. is it the same as the RSX? the 1-2 grind?

jaydub
02-08-2004, 11:10 PM
very few cars come from the factory with a somewhat acceptable ride height. Those that do are purpose built, and lest we forget, our car IS an economy car.

My only gripe is the macpherson strut setup, not because it is somehow inferior in terms of suspension capability, but mostly because it has made lowering your car more difficult and expensive than previous setups.

downhil
02-08-2004, 11:20 PM

whenever i get out, i leave the belt on the inside of the side bolster to hold it in place and within grabbing distance, without having to reach my arms into the back.

Mugen Power
02-09-2004, 07:09 AM
It also seems like the interior plastic gets scratched up easily, like where the seatbelt buckle rubs when it's not in use or the lower part of the door that I end up kick by accident when I get in or out. But, that's OK, cuz I don't sit in the back (so don't see those scuff marks) and my feet don't have eyes (so I can't see those scuff marks). :D

cmb
02-09-2004, 10:52 AM
i was pretty happy with my ephatch except:

*solid suspension, but a little too high off the ground (seating position and body of car)
*slow for what it is. mod'ing is almost mandatory to have some real fun in this, needs more power
*brakes need beefing up
*did i mention, needs more power?... :)

STP03BlueSI
02-09-2004, 11:24 AM
1. the visors feel cheap
2. the visors feel cheap
3. How everyone calls it a Mini Van:mad:

I dont really have that many gripes. I like my EP, and well...thats it.:D

ep3hatchattack
02-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by downhil
whenever i get out, i leave the belt on the inside of the side bolster to hold it in place and within grabbing distance, without having to reach my arms into the back.

Yep, works like a charm.. no problems for me, everything works out great, no complaints here at all.

ep3hatchattack
02-09-2004, 11:50 AM
Actually, you MUST DROP IT, AND CHANGE TIRES!

THAT IS A MUST!!

Mugen Power
02-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI

3. How everyone calls it a Mini Van:mad:

You know, I don't mind it when people call it a minivan, egg, mouse, etc. because I called it a minivan before I got it AND a lotta owners and people on this board do that just for kicks. It's when they call it a P.O.S. and give you the head to toe to head look when you're driving it... THAT'S when you should get mad. :D

Peking
02-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
You know, I don't mind it when people call it a minivan, egg, mouse, etc. because I called it a minivan before I got it AND a lotta owners and people on this board do that just for kicks. It's when they call it a P.O.S. and give you the head to toe to head look when you're driving it... THAT'S when you should get mad. :D

Yeah, your right. My friends rip on me all the time about my ride. But the say that stuff cause there are just mad they ain't rolling like me :D

SiRRider
02-09-2004, 02:36 PM
How about everyones seats, do you find them holding up well??? I find they are aging fast and show every little stain. Anyone else in this boat?? I really love my car and enjoy driving it even though its not the fasts car out there. My only real complaint and ongoing battle with the dealer is the Clutch. It creeks like a bastard.

02NJHondaep3
02-09-2004, 07:25 PM
The lack of models and hot chicks running and posing on my car and my bed.

prestoguy124
02-10-2004, 10:13 PM
is there alotta headspace in the back? seems like a big person wouldnt be able to fit in teh rear seat..

Mugen Power
02-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Of course there's room in the back! It's a minivan! :smilem:

Seriously, you'll be surprised how roomy it is in the back.

DarkSiRacer
02-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Si Death
rattling noises!!!!!! especially the ones from the passenger compartment.

Yea me too my car makes rattling noises... at 130 mph :D

ATRIOT
02-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Its not the seats... Its the fucking passengers drinking coffee. the whitish material under the mesh on the fronts stains a bit easy. Need to rent a steam cleaner soon!

Rey
02-10-2004, 10:56 PM
Every honda out there needs mandatory modding. I think the 99-00 SI comes the closest to being fine stock, except those are stolen left and right.......

Honda was meant to be good to the environment and be a little fun when needed, that's why they are so uptight stock.

The only thing the car really needs is a lowering, and new wheels. That makes it look 100 times better......

I would rather drive a stock 03 SI over my stock 93 any day, that car has like NO TOUQUE, and NO POWER!!!! Plus the seats are shit, and the steering wheel looks like a semi-trucks!! Also, it has the GAYEST CUPHOLDERS EVER!!!!

Honda made some really good choices, but also some really bad ones. If they were smart, they would have put the k20a2 in the SI, and the k20a in the RSX Type-s and Type-r.

But yah, a little more excitement like a supercharger/swap would be nice. I hate being beat by cars that cost 1/4 of mine but look like shit!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ep3sucks
02-10-2004, 10:57 PM
i've had this car for about 7 months and i'll tell you my side? or our side of the story.

goodies
1. when i first test drove the car, i loved the ABS setting. it's fun to mess around with this feature.
2. even though we get to have the fake vtek, i still love the pulling at high end.
it's pretty acceptable, right?
3.bad ass honda styling
4.definitely fun to drift size tire
5. somewhat our shift nob position is one SPECIAL**! one.
(people sit in my car, they all goes 'WHAT &^^%$^%$&???"" and i go 'yea'
6. LEV economy version of HONDA high tech engine.
7. roomy interior design.

baaaads
1.when are we gonna stop? after run over that light ahead?
2.fake v-tekie. enjoy driving with only 3 valves on below 2200rpm(??)
when you wanna make quick left turn out of middle lane, make sure you slightly launch your car, otherwise you'll feel that huge dig in. i'm not the only one, right?
3.bad ass honda styling
4.what's with this mushy tire. it feels like you're riding on professional designer purpose eraser.
5. somewhat you find yourself try to sit close to it, since..i think it's a little far positioned than my desirable driving position, unless you wanna be all time 'i'm ready to rock & roll''
6. let's not talk about my gas milage
7. too much of empty space. all i have inside are.. features two chairs in front,
your patio belonging bench in the back. and the joy stick right underneath the tiny honda stereo system.

just to add few things...i think Honda guys were being smart about this one.
since, usually when people buy any honda or specially something like our's SI, they know they're gonna put aftermarket stuff on'em.
there's just so many things there meant to be replaced.

DarkSiRacer
02-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Rey
...Honda made some really good choices, but also some really bad ones. If they were smart, they would have put the k20a2 in the SI, and the k20a in the RSX Type-s and Type-r...

Maybe not that far but at least close to 200. Maybe instead of 160 hp it should have been 180 hp. Keeps the distance between the Base Rsx and the Si like the older (99-00) Si was better than the Base Integra.

Rey
02-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Yah, our car isn't much slower than the integra but costs almost as much......Our engine is the LS of the k series. Still decent, but needs real vtec. After thinking about that, I am not as mad about the performance or price.

civicracer1128
02-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Rey
Yah, our car isn't much slower than the integra but costs almost as much......Our engine is the LS of the k series. Still decent, but needs real vtec. After thinking about that, I am not as mad about the performance or price.

true dat, but id give it more credit. the LS was a fine engine. i almost swapped one into my 99 ex a few years ago. but id almost say it was like an ek hatch with a b16. now before you flame me for saying that put that car in our situation.........little to no aftermarket. stock engine that is happy to see as little as IHE and an aem fuel rail. and type r bolt ons dont just bolt on....i think the b16 guys got CTR cams and ITR intake manifold for sure....probibly more parts as well. there seems to be alot we just cant do wihtout a type s head. but the engine isnt weak. the ls wasnt either but it was lacking worse than our k is now. we'll be fine soon....just wait it out and we'll see what the k series has for real.

03silverEP
02-11-2004, 04:43 PM
struts suck, I miss the double wishbones. the perfect FF honda would be an EK,DC-2, or delSol w/a K-series swap, all the power, no weight and wishbones!!

jaydub
02-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by 03silverEP
struts suck, I miss the double wishbones. the perfect FF honda would be an EK,DC-2, or delSol w/a K-series swap, all the power, no weight and wishbones!!
Porsche and BMW have no trouble using macpherson struts.

Mugen Power
02-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by 03silverEP

Whaaat, the Sol wasn't light at all. The lack of a solid top made it's rigidity subpar, too. And why just EKs? The EFs and EGs were even lighter.

Jaydub, he was talking about the perfect HONDA, hence the wishbones comment. No one cares about Porsche or BMW. :smilem: (J/K)

jaydub
02-11-2004, 05:34 PM
If we're talking about the perfect honda, then I think the macpherson's are the least of our concerns. :D

Mugen Power
02-11-2004, 05:37 PM
*SIGH*

May I even ask WHY you're driving a Honda? :smilem:

jaydub
02-11-2004, 05:39 PM
*SIGH*

May I even ask WHY you're driving a Honda? :smilem:

I had to get rid of my VW (again). :o

Mugen Power
02-11-2004, 05:48 PM
I figured that's what was in the name.

Besides, who else would big up those European marques like a VW guy? I know/have been in contact with too many of them... so much that I used to hang around Vortex and DubR. :tongue:

jaydub
02-11-2004, 05:51 PM
actually my username is based on my initials, J.W. :D

Mugen Power
02-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Haha, close enough. :smilem:

reszmeth
02-11-2004, 08:10 PM
overall its a great car but i dont kow in the morning when i stop for the first time i hear a big click noise

Rey
02-11-2004, 08:14 PM
ABS check sound.

prestoguy124
02-12-2004, 08:32 PM
are the gear grindin's as apparent in the EPs as in the RSXs.. cuz in the RSXs.. seems like almost every other car has grindin problmes with the tranny.. i kno that alot of eps have it to.. but are there as much?

Rey
02-12-2004, 09:04 PM
RSX have it more.

Mugen Power
02-12-2004, 09:08 PM
Then again, there are a whole lot more RSXs out there compared to EPs.

Rey
02-12-2004, 09:12 PM
true.............:(

Good for us and the K20A2 swap :D

prestoguy124
02-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Then again, there are a whole lot more RSXs out there compared to EPs.

oh yea.. thats true.. maybe thats why its so evident in rsxs..