PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous and Clutches

DarkSiRacer
02-08-2004, 01:10 AM
For those who spray... How's your stock clutch handling your shot? If you replaced your clutch already... How many times did you spray before the stock clutch went out?

WarmPepsi
02-08-2004, 05:09 AM
dunno if they're the same, rsx to ep, but it all depends on how you launch. If you feather the crap out of it, you're gonna be frying it everytime you launch, however, if you launch and then spray, you're doing a ton less wear, but you're going slower :D

DarkSiRacer
02-08-2004, 07:35 AM
Thats true but I just want to know what the stock clutch can handle before it starts slipping. SO how bout it guys? Wheres all the Nitrous people at?

WarmPepsi
02-08-2004, 09:28 AM
well, guess that still depends on how hard you nail on it. I'd assume you'd be fine for a bit, the engine issues are a bigger deal than the clutch one......but eventually that'll kick in. I don't figure anyone has abused their car that bad yet..

danoonez
02-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Anybody know how the arming switch on the ZEX Smart kit works? The kit is WOT controlled so I was wondering if this was possible to do to avoid spraying in first: You could launch normal in first gear without the bottle, and then on the shift to second, arm the NMU and be ready to spray in second.

The one guy that I know of that had the ZEX kit is MIA so I can't ever ask him any questions about it.:(

2k2ep
02-08-2004, 02:38 PM
I dont know for sure but I'd bet good money that you would have a switch to arm the system in the first place. So yea you could and probably should hit it from 2nd on.

danoonez
02-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by 2k2ep
I dont know for sure but I'd bet good money that you would have a switch to arm the system in the first place. So yea you could and probably should hit it from 2nd on.

Yeah you have to arm the NMU, it comes with a switch to mount in the car. I was just wondering if you can arm it on the fly like that, inbetween shifts.

2k2ep
02-08-2004, 04:14 PM
I cant think of a reason why not.

danoonez
02-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 2k2ep
I cant think of a reason why not.

Yeah now that I think about it, neither can I.