PDA

View Full Version : Injen Intakes

Wyte02SI
02-08-2004, 01:19 AM
I have 2 questions about intakes. I know someone with an Injen short ram intake and when he gives it gas his intake make a clicking noise he says that b/c its sucking air. is that normal?
ALso what is better a Injen short ram or Injen CAI? Which gives more hp. is there anything you can cover the CAI so it doesnt suck water? any help would be appeciated. thanks.

simione
02-08-2004, 10:03 AM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/search.php?s=Array%5Bsessionhash%5D%22%3E%3C

Civicvtec1ps
02-08-2004, 11:51 AM
It's intake.
You won't see much gain anyways. Go with injen sri for safe issue.
Hydrolock sucks.

S2KplusSI
02-08-2004, 01:30 PM
I had the Injen CAI on my EP. The butt dyno noticed an improvement, never had any clicking. I also had no hydrolock issues and I drove it in rain, snow, etc. I just don't romp on it in bad weather and I've been fine. Also with my S2000, I have a CAI where the filter is very exposed in a hole in my C-West bumper. It never has any trouble when I get caught in a rainstorm(try not to drive it in the rain).

Chinaboy
02-09-2004, 07:30 PM
well... in terms of CAI or SRI....

Safer is the SRI... even tho its a 99 percent chance that you will not hydrolock, the SRI is 100 safe from hydrolocks

In terms of number, the CAI theoritically will produce better numbers, but then it will not be overwhelming numbers. Its not no gains at all from a SRI. Cold air will always be better to run on a car... driving at 40degrees in december and you will feel a difference... richer oxygenated air is definatly better for the igniting of the combustion.

If anything it is a preferance.. you can never really trust the dynos from manufacturers... but for me a CAI you can definatly feel it.

CLICKING SOUNDS SHOULD NOT BE HEARD AT ANY TIME... there is no engagement where a clicking sound is required... only maybe sucking noises and such... but no CLICKING.