PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Remover..

k20ephatch
02-08-2004, 03:24 PM
Anyone knows some good swirl remover products out there? I'm trying to get ride of my swirls since having a black car makes it real obvious :(

dtexan
02-08-2004, 03:50 PM
meguiars makes a swirl mark remover polish

RedLight_Si
02-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Zaino Bros. (http://www.zainostore.com/)

AkronSi
02-10-2004, 06:51 AM
Look at the Meg's pro line (Dual Actioin Cleaner Polish and Swirl Free Polish), Menzerna, 3M or Poorboy's World.

Just be careful because some of these require the use of a Dual-Action polisher or oribtal for best results.

Look in your yellow pages for your local automotive finish supplier (possible Finish Masters or Sherwin Williams), they should carry at least the Meg's and 3M if not some other brands too.

phatfreeza
02-13-2004, 03:58 AM
i hear good things about zaino bros... but i myself have used 3m swirl mark remover... works great! warning though... it takes a long time to use it by hand... but i thought the results were great!

MyFlySi
02-24-2004, 01:38 AM
I had a 99Si with more paint woes than a beater. I use 3M swirl remover and a super soft microfiber towel. Whenever I finished a panel, I'd switch to a new towel. It took about 10 towels to do the car but it was show ready and not one swirl mark. It just takes time, lots of patience, and some elbow grease. And don't expect to get them all the first time. Keep on it every two weeks and it'll get finished. And remember to keep a coat of paste wax on it so when you wash your car and then dry it, you only scratch the wax and not the paint. Wax can be put back on, paint has to be rubbed out.

And prevention is better than fixing so I recommend buying some good towels. The best ones are from Bath&Body works. Wash them once before you use them on your car. Those are the softest and most absorbant towels I've used.

k20ephatch
03-14-2004, 06:39 PM
how bout buffer marks? has anyone experienced with those yet?

phantasia
03-14-2004, 09:04 PM
checkout my post about the black paint bitch goddess, youll enjoy the results.

just take your time, if you start to get bored/tired, stop. resume later or the next day. youll love the results.

mike

Chinaboy
03-17-2004, 12:10 AM
don't use that stuff on a big portion of a car... its not good... go with the zaino stuff... or do the meguaires #7 show car glaze then lock it with a wax.