PDA

View Full Version : Injen CAi

MugenR
09-27-2002, 09:50 PM
Just picked up my injen CAI. I am going to install it in a week or two. Just wanted to let everyone know I am going to document it step by step with pictures and post them when I am done. As well as any problems I run in to.

I figure this will help anyone out who is looking to do this themselfs, but are not sure if they can.

Stay Tuned
Drew

02-sir
09-29-2002, 09:50 AM
That would be great. I'm looking forward to it. I've seen a picture somewhere before showing where the Injen filter ends up (bumper was partially removed to expose the filter in the photo). What I haven't seen yet is any picture showing where the AEM filter ends up.

good luck with the install

02blksi
09-29-2002, 01:50 PM
nice. how much and where did you get it?-- joe

MugenR
09-29-2002, 02:32 PM
I got it at Fizz Autosports in Bayside Queens.
I paid 250 for it.
I am going to try to get it in this week, if not then by next tuesday I'll have it in.
So just sit tight, I'll post everything as soon as I can.
Drew

sniperSI
09-30-2002, 04:52 PM
yeah i paid about 250 as well, i raced another si stock with the aem had him at a creeping car length, could be the driver.

That bitch sits in there so nice, if you don't cut that piece where it goes down behind the bumper you'll get that low level hum, however it sounds cool as fuck if you ask me, kinda like a jet turbine, and when that bitch starts sucking in air like a 3.05 crack whore, the resonation is so sweet, people swear you have something under your hood other then s.t.o.c.k.

also good for scaring the shit out of people who suspect less then a roar coming from your front end when your cold chillen @ 3k , and do a roling race into your v-tec i swear they stop racing they get so scared.

DynaSpeed
09-30-2002, 05:56 PM
How is it that you think the cut-out part is liable for the hum? It sounds like it comes from the filter opening itself. That's what I thought it was at first too, but the vacuum cleaner sound is definitely much louder near the base of the filter.

I actually like it now though too. If cutting the piece takes away the sound, I'm leaving it on!

Mr.02BlackSIguY
09-30-2002, 06:57 PM
which one gives more horsies? the AEM or the INJEN? just wondering.. or are they the same

02SilverSiHB
10-01-2002, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
which one gives more horsies? the AEM or the INJEN? just wondering.. or are they the same
they're pretty much the same, although I've seen a dyno give the injen more compared to the aem, but seriously, which everone you can get cheaper get it, the difference is minimal

Fizz Autosports
10-01-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
How is it that you think the cut-out part is liable for the hum? It sounds like it comes from the filter opening itself. That's what I thought it was at first too, but the vacuum cleaner sound is definitely much louder near the base of the filter.

I actually like it now though too. If cutting the piece takes away the sound, I'm leaving it on!

Well the piece that u have to cut away is minimal and done easily but what he is saying is if u dont cut enough away the intake will rest on the metal which in turn willl cause more of an echoing sound because the intake is not free floating and instead the sound will travel through the metal it rests on :)

On the AEM site the largest gain they record for their intake was 4.5 hp

AEM DYNO results (http://www.aempower.com/pdf/results/21-5082002CivicSI_CAS.pdf)

and from Injen the tests show about 8 hp max gain

INJEN DYNO results (http://www.injen.com/webpages/testing/original_files/rd1575.jpg)

but all in all its up to you

We only carry INJEN and we have in stock the CAI for your EP3s offered at a reasonable price feel free to call if thats the one you are looking for. :)

i-WERKS
10-01-2002, 06:45 AM
I just installed it over the weekend. The difference is felt even in the low RPMs. It pull a lot harder in the higher RPMs
It's justs as quiet as stock with just a little hum. First gear sounds just a little louder that stock. It doesn't start roaring until 4k on second gear.
I had to cut part of the engine compartment to get the intake tube down there. The breather tube I got was too short so I had to go out and buy a longer one. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.

i-WERKS
10-01-2002, 06:48 AM
here's a pic of the contents

gpt
10-01-2002, 06:56 AM
iWerks - where did you get the intake? Did you buy it online?

TIA

ssvr6
10-01-2002, 07:02 AM
I got mine from Nopi Online. Same box, same contents.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/s/ssvr6/CAI_1.jpg

Steve

i-WERKS
10-01-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by gpt
iWerks - where did you get the intake? Did you buy it online?

TIA
I Picked it up at a local auto performance shop here in Toronto.
Hey SSVR6 I noticed that you don't have the INJEN logo on your intake tube. That's weird.

ssvr6
10-01-2002, 08:07 AM
I took it off. I don't do free advertising.

:D

Steve

i-WERKS
10-01-2002, 08:29 AM
Really? I would do the same but mine is embossed in the metal. Looks cool. Did you do any cutting to get it in?

ssvr6
10-01-2002, 09:12 AM
So was mine...(it's all just a big decal though).

I didn't have to cut, but I removed the battery. It helps, trust me.

Steve

Fizz Autosports
10-01-2002, 09:29 AM
I took it off. I don't do free advertising.

Lol steve :D

I-werks did the rabbit come in the box cuz none of our shippments came with rabbits. :(

ssvr6
10-01-2002, 09:33 AM
Now, if Injen GAVE me the intake or I got at a steal of a price, I'd leave the decal AND put on the license plate frame.

:cool:

Steve

Fizz Autosports
10-01-2002, 09:47 AM
so you wouldnt leave it if they gave u a rabbit?

i-WERKS
10-01-2002, 10:02 AM
Nope! The rabbit didn't come with it, it's just modelling for me.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
10-01-2002, 11:57 AM
what colors do the INJEN comes in? im thinking about getting this...so far ive only seen it in chrome color. is there any other color? can anyone show me a pic or a link of like a regular silver and not chrome or blue red or wutevers? thanks.

ssvr6
10-01-2002, 12:17 PM
It only comes chrome. (I know, I'm not too fond of it myself.) I'm going to be painting mine black as soon as I get the cahones to paint my head light surrounds.

Steve

Fizz Autosports
10-01-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
what colors do the INJEN comes in? im thinking about getting this...so far ive only seen it in chrome color. is there any other color? can anyone show me a pic or a link of like a regular silver and not chrome or blue red or wutevers? thanks.

Comes in Polished aluminum, Blue powder coat and Red powder coat

ssvr6
10-01-2002, 12:58 PM
Sorry, Nopi only carries the chrome.

My bad.

Steve

MugenR
10-01-2002, 05:26 PM
I got mine at Fizz Autosports in Bayside. It was missing a bracket, but I spoke to boys at Fizz and it will be here on Friday, so it's all good!

I love Fizz and buy all my parts there.
I'll let you guys now how it goes when I put it in this nest week.

So do I have to cut that 1/2 inch of metal off or not?
I really don't want to cut my car.
Thanks
Drew

Mr.02BlackSIguY
10-01-2002, 07:10 PM
so only chrome aluminum? no non chrome silver one?

Fizz Autosports
10-01-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
So was mine...(it's all just a big decal though).

I didn't have to cut, but I removed the battery. It helps, trust me.

Steve

Well Drew tp tell the truth i went right with the instructions when we installed the CAI for Fizz-Ep3 and we cut the frame of the car (it wasnt major surgery :))but steve said he fit his without cutting ... perhaps it fits without cutting (maybe just easier to do after u cut it.

sniperSI
10-02-2002, 09:55 AM
I had to disconnect my battery, and move some wires around but with a few good pushes you can get that bitch in there no problem no cutting. It's just that wire harness running down in the well that makes it a bitch.

Just remove the fuse bawx, remove the bat, and start pushin.

silver ep
10-02-2002, 09:56 AM
Did you notice no gains in low end, or loss of power in low end with the Injen?

ssvr6
10-02-2002, 10:28 AM
Not that I could notice.

Steve

sniperSI
10-02-2002, 10:40 AM
It gain's power all thru the curve, the only thing i think would help is a better way to deliver more fuel, you can smell it running MAD lean when your driving it hard, and during normal driving there is a slight VERY VERY slight hesitation shifting from first to 2nd sometimes 3rd if your revs are low enough

What would someone suggest as a good upgrade to solve this problem, fuel

MugenR
10-03-2002, 08:46 PM
Not to sure how to help the fuel problem, maybe a RRFPR?
Drew

MugenR
10-09-2002, 07:51 AM
Installed my Injen last night. I love it. It went in with ease, everything fit perfect on the first try. I love the sound, its loud and deep and overall just good. I can feel alittle bit in performance but I did'nt really get to drive the car to much yesterday.
But I highly recomend this intake to anyone looking to buy an Intake.
I will see if I can get pics up tonight, or tomorrow.
Drew

redronin22
07-27-2003, 05:50 PM
Just got the black intkae installed. No cutting but did have to do some battery removal. BTW the piping seems to rest onto the frame near the hole, do u think it will be a future problem other then rubbing off the finish?

Endersi2
07-28-2003, 05:39 PM
To keep the car from running lean, maybe get an s-afc II and an air fuel guage.

redronin22
07-28-2003, 10:04 PM
tuned by Hondata buddy. =-)