PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get jipped?

David L.
02-08-2004, 04:48 PM
I found out that I have been jipped out of the red stitched steering wheel. I really didnt pay any attention to it. All of the other EPs that I have seen have them. I called the dalership and they said that it must be some option that I did not pay for and if that is how it came from the factory then there is nothing they can do about it. I think what might have happened is they ran out of them at some piont and put a regular civic wheel in there. Did this happen to anyone else?

Peking
02-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by David L.
I found out that I have been jipped out of the red stitched steering wheel. I really didnt pay any attention to it. All of the other EPs that I have seen have them. I called the dalership and they said that it must be some option that I did not pay for and if that is how it came from the factory then there is nothing they can do about it. I think what might have happened is they ran out of them at some piont and put a regular civic wheel in there. Did this happen to anyone else?

You have a 02 SI with black stitching on the wheel? Did you buy it new?

shimmy_yaz
02-08-2004, 04:54 PM
The red stitch steering wheel is not an extra option it was a standard feature. I do know that a couple of the guys on here that had to get replacement steering wheels got black stitching so maybe something had happened to your wheel and they put a replacement one on.

k20hatch
02-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Mines an 02 and has the red stitching!

Peking
02-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
The red stitch steering wheel is not an extra option it was a standard feature. I do know that a couple of the guys on here that had to get replacement steering wheels got black stitching so maybe something had happened to your wheel and they put a replacement one on.

Yep, something might have happend that you don't know of. And the dealer is trying to give you a bull answer.

David L.
02-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Yeah it is a 02 Black. I bought it spankin new.

DavidT
02-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Mine is an 02 and I have red stitching too. The RSX steering wheels do not, and it's easy to replace the center air bag part with one that has the H symbol on it instead of the Acura symbol. I don't think the other Civic's use a three spoke steering wheel like our EPs but I could be wrong.

You got a picture of your steering wheel?

David L.
02-08-2004, 05:17 PM
How am I going to get it?

David L.
02-08-2004, 05:18 PM
sorry no pic.

BlackFL2k2Si
02-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Mine is an 02 and came with black. I complained and they switched the wheel with a red stitch one from another 02. They tried to order one from Honda directly, but it only came in in black.

shimmy_yaz
02-08-2004, 05:36 PM
If you lived closer I would trade you wheels cuz I hate the red stitching but I can't go without my wheel during shipping.

dofu
02-08-2004, 05:40 PM
wow... that sucks how dealers do that scandalous shit like switchin shit between cars and shit and still try to charge hella for that car... you should complain, complain, complain... call up honda (not the dealer) or something, coz the si s'pose to come with red stitching. they probably jus "downgraded" your car before you bought it without you knowing so they could upgrade an rsx or something (well, i do kno a few places that does this on the under), so yea... you got ripped a new one...

Btrthnezr3
02-08-2004, 06:09 PM
When I was at the dealer yesterday getting my oil changed, I saw an 03 Si with an 04 EX shiftknob...I guess this kind of shizzle goes on all over! :o :mad: :eek: :rolleyes:

siver-SI
02-08-2004, 06:31 PM
When I was at my dealership I saw a 04 with the 02-03 knob and a red stiched wheel.

STP03BlueSI
02-09-2004, 08:10 AM
red stitching on a 03 Blue:)

Mighty_Mouse
02-09-2004, 11:00 AM
It isn't necessarily the dealer. All cars come into holding facilities when they hit US shores. Each manufacturer has their own. Cars are prepped and sent out to dealerships from these facilities. Many times cars are damaged on the boat ride over and the facilities fix them up before selling. Check this link: http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB_14&file=index&action=viewtopic&topic=22113&51

icegrill
02-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
It isn't necessarily the dealer. All cars come into holding facilities when they hit US shores. Each manufacturer has their own. Cars are prepped and sent out to dealerships from these facilities. Many times cars are damaged on the boat ride over and the facilities fix them up before selling. Check this link: http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB_14&file=index&action=viewtopic&topic=22113&51

Thats pretty amazing about all the repairs in the link. Makes you wonder what a honda port looks like?:eek:

SiR_d1
02-09-2004, 12:41 PM
I know a lot of people got stuck having a black stiched shift knob instead of a red one...like me

RacingCivicSi02
02-09-2004, 12:55 PM
mines is a 02 i have red stitching

dofu
02-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse

so how the hell the steering wheel get damaged so bad that they gotta replace it??? i could see the bumper, wheels or seats maybe...

EtherGhost
02-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Actually, according to the '03 Civic Si brochure that I have in my hand

Distinctive styling cues - such as the red stiching on the seats and the shifter and the handsome silver accents throughout - just hint at the fun to be had in the Si.

Also, the steering wheel in the brochure clearly has black stitching steering wheel. There should be no expectation of red stitching from the brochure. Therefore, although you might feel you got screwed, you simply got the standard model. :(

PS I have the red stitching :p

SiR_d1
02-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
I know a lot of people got stuck having a black stiched shift knob instead of a red one...like me

I forgot to mention that my sterring wheel also has red stiching

BSEVEER
02-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Mine came with black stitching. I later learned that the car had been broken into on the lot before I bought it. The original wheel with red stitching must have been damaged or stolen. I complained but was not able to talk them into swapping with another ep. What they eventually did was send my car to an upholstery shop where they restitched my wheel with red. You might want to suggest that if they refuse to swap with another ep on the lot.

the JigGa mAn
02-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1
I forgot to mention that my sterring wheel also has red stiching

i wanna see your knob...

RED STICH HERE:D