PDA

View Full Version : clearing out all my front lights... etc...

IIx 03 EP xII
02-08-2004, 04:53 PM
my car is going through some major transformations by the end of this week... i have black rota slips... with the suspension mods to accompany that... and a D3 lip kit. so i want to get rid of the orange in my front headlights (and i might get some type r headlights due to a landscape rake that scratched the covers of them at 65 miles per hour)... but i dont know what kind of lights would be the best. im gonna get some of those clear bumper lights for the front, but do i need to get bulbs for inside those? and also the driving lights and turn signal bulbs... i want some nice and bright ones too. if somebody could tell me what size/type/number whatever bulbs all those are... that would be AWESOME. im thinking i want PIAA cuz they are a good name and are nice bulbs as well. thanks guys.

skooba
02-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Parking light
Part number = 168 ->Wedge Bulb

Part number = 7443 -> Big Wedge

Front turn signal

Rear turn signal
Part number = 7440 -> Big Wedge

Tail light
Part number = 168 -> Wedge Bulb

Stop light

High mount stop light

License plate

Back up light

Front sidemarker

Rear sidemarker

Map light

Part number = DE3022 -> festoon "3022"

Dome light
Part number = DE3022 -> festoon "3022"

Part number = DE3175 -> Big festoon?

Trunk/Cargo area

courtesy of ocelaris

S2KplusSI
02-08-2004, 11:19 PM
^ Well that should answer your question about the bulb sizes/type/number they are. If you switch your bulbs, PIAA is definately a good choice. When I had my EP, I changed every single light in it and 90% of them were PIAA. They other 10% were LED's because I still needed to have amber lights to keep it legal. It makes a drastic improvement in the cars looks at night IMO. I loved opening my door or trunk and seeing bright PIAA's. Have fun with it, and post pics when all is done.