02-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Off

http://www.recognitiondesigns.com/images/vtec_off.jpg

On

http://www.recognitiondesigns.com/images/vtec_on.jpg

:cool:

dofu
02-08-2004, 06:11 PM
wow... you can control the light beam??? lucky you.

recognition
02-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by dofu
wow... you can control the light beam??? lucky you.

:rolleyes:

1 fstr si
02-08-2004, 07:36 PM
what the heck. please explain this to me, what the heck im looking at.

skooba
02-08-2004, 08:01 PM
thats hot. very sexy. it even says "vtec" really really small. nice work. gonna post a how to?

estebones
02-08-2004, 08:10 PM
please explain :D

danoonez
02-08-2004, 08:23 PM
It's just a light that comes on when he hits the Vtec changeover. Not that hard. It'd be on all the time for most of us though:o

k20hatch
02-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Pretty cool pretty cool! Must be on a awful lot! :)

estebones
02-08-2004, 08:45 PM
ok so its simple but can someone explain it for those of us that dont know how to do this?
please :D

shimmy_yaz
02-08-2004, 09:25 PM
yeah i am curious too

dofu
02-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by recognition
:rolleyes:

well, the eps over here dont even have half the stuff of the ones over there, like yours... all i really want is the real vtec, but since they wont bring that in the ep to the states, they might as well give us some other cool stuff for our money... but i guess thats jus too much to ask for. lol
and... yea... the vtec lights cool too... i like how you changed all your lighting to blue... saw your window buttons on another thread too... nice touch

recognition
02-09-2004, 04:15 AM
Ye sorry I should of explained,

Its just an led wired to the Vtec signal from the ECU.
Its the yellow and green wire (i think!)
It gives a 12v signal when the Vtec engages and the light turns on, usually around 3300 rpm for me but I only have the little 1.6

I guess your i-Vtec would be different...?

There is a 'how to' here (http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/)

really easy to do, 30 mins max!

VividDreams
02-09-2004, 05:26 PM
ok, below the light, what is that, is that to adjust the angle of your headlights? foglights? adjust the HID ballast? please explain. also those little slots where he mounted the light, is that the REAL purpose for those slots, or what are they? i have seen them on other cars and i never knew what it is

recognition
02-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Thats just a headlight angle adjuster, so if theres something really heavy in the back, it would make the back of the car go down but the front would stay up and the headlights would dazzle other drivers cos they would shine too high, so with this you can angle them down.
Standard on all civics over here i think.

the slots i believe are where a temperature sensor would go for the climate controlled A/C in higher spec models.

hope that helps!

VividDreams
02-09-2004, 06:55 PM
i always had a hunch about it being a place for a thermometer to go, was just never sure though.

and that headlinght angle things is kind of a weird little feature, one of those things that are for the most part pretty useless. untill you need it that is. also, on the headlight itself, how does that adjust it? what makes the headlight move?

sorry to go off topic, just curious is all.

dofu
02-10-2004, 02:17 AM
i would love to have that in my car... so i can adjust from inside the car each time i decide to slam my car even more or raise it...

dont mind me... im jus lazy :D