PDA

View Full Version : weird clicking

oompaloompab0i
02-08-2004, 07:28 PM
for some reason recently (20,000 miles) whenever i engaged the clutch into first and second gear i hear a weird clicking or cranking/creaking noise...does anyone know what this is or has anyone else experienced this?

David K.
02-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Just about everyone has this problem; do a search and you'll see.

dj addicted
02-08-2004, 08:45 PM
easy fix.. take it back to honda and have them re-lube the clutch. I had the same problem.. they re-lubed it and now its good to go... and mine happened about the same 20K miles

RedLight_Si
02-09-2004, 12:23 AM
Is this noise you are getting happen when using the clutch pedal or just after you let out the clutch and start to accelerate?

oompaloompab0i
02-09-2004, 03:38 PM
well its when i engage the clutch. like when i release the clutch slowly so it connects and i start rolling forward, i hear that clicking. i did do the search, it was a lot of help, maybe it is the master clutch cylinder... But what i did was take out my AEM CAI and put back in my stock intake before i took it to the Norm Reeves Honda. but when i did that, i couldnt hear the clicking anymore! it disappeared. maybe the stock box muffles out the sound, i dont know, or maybe the clicking was from my AEM CAI, so i dont know what to do anymore! what is wrong?
(also my tranny sucks like everyone elses..has anyone successfully gotten it replaced under warranty and how did you do it? i know some poeple did get it replaced on this site but i read about it a while ago...)

David K.
02-09-2004, 10:48 PM
I have the problem currently. My entire clutch pedal assembly was replaced under warranty, which fixed the problem for exactly ONE WEEK. I can feel it in the pedal when I move it, I don't see how the master cylinder could be causing it. As far as I know the only "fix" is constantly re-lubing every moving part in your clutch assembly, which is actually no fix at all and should not be necessary on a new Honda. Goddammit:mad: .

Jpax
02-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Is the Arm that swings back and forth on the tranny hitting the CAI? the Type-S had a problem with it. the instructions didn't tell you to keep the tranny in 6th gear. because if you didn't, the arm that swings back and forth to engauge the gears ,would hit the CAI making a clanking sound and you could feel it hit something in the engine bay. have the hood open and someone help you find out why it s doing it. don't just start talking about somthing that problay need lubracating and not try and figure it out on your own. also try askign the honda service guy to replace the bushing in the cluch pedal. :rolleyes:

Ty's Si
02-09-2004, 11:23 PM
I know what you're talking about. It's a series of 4 or 5 pops right after you depress the clutch through the first few gears. The first time I heard it, I took it to Honda and they just applied white lithium grease to the assembly and springs where the pedals meet the floor. It worked well up until about 3K miles ago when the noise came back. I just re-greased that same area tonight and the sound is once again gone. It's quite a simple solution to an otherwise annoying problem.

Grab a flashlight, some lithium grease and spray that shit up there and press the cluth in a few tims until it goes away. My gas pedal was actually creaking as well and the lithium grease cleared that up too.

Don't make a small problem out to be much bigger than it actually is.

Jpax
02-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Ty's Si

Don't make a small problem out to be much bigger than it actually is.

Best advise :D :* ;)

Dunrick
02-10-2004, 06:54 AM
so what, you just sort of spray all over blind?

Hey if it works, it works. Just wondering, nobody has really gone into detail where to spray. I get this once in a while.

oompaloompab0i
02-10-2004, 09:16 PM
well, i never said it was a big problem...:rolleyes: i just said it was weird and it bothered me. well i got my car back today and they said that a lot of Si owners have come in with this problem and they said they regreased the clutch cylinder or sumtin...iono, but the clicking is gone.

siver-SI
02-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by dj addicted
easy fix.. take it back to honda and have them re-lube the clutch. I had the same problem.. they re-lubed it and now its good to go... and mine happened about the same 20K miles

That is weird when I was calling Honda about my trans problem they said that no part of the trans needs to be lubed since it is all sealed and if it does need lubing there is a problem. He had asked me if my dealership had lubed anything while working on it. I had mine in for that 2nd gear crunch.