PDA

View Full Version : any one have any info on this

2k2civicSi
09-27-2002, 10:43 PM
how hard is this gona be to install is it gona be like the rear stut cuz that was easy
and what involve with the install of a tie bar
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1864233896

DEXTERBASE
09-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Rear strut tower bars are super simple to install.

The only drawback is that you will have to cut the plastic panel to allow a space for the trut bar to connect to the strut tower.

I suggest removing the panel and checking where the hole will need to be before cutting.

Measure twice, cut once!!!

2k2civicSi
09-27-2002, 10:57 PM
dude re read the post i said the install on my rear strut bar was easy i was wondering about the lower tie bar thanks any ways

DEXTERBASE
09-27-2002, 10:59 PM
How long the install will take is entirely up to you. If you are a pretty wrench-saavy dude, then it will be straightforward.

Mine took 30 min.

However which lower are you looking to get? I may have a little inside info for you. (good part from Japan) for both the front and rear lower bars.

2k2civicSi
09-27-2002, 11:14 PM
dude just dont reply any more your not helping sorry

did you click the link?

whats involved with the tie bar install

DEXTERBASE
09-27-2002, 11:18 PM
okay dude. up to you. you get what you pay for.....

2k2civicSi
09-27-2002, 11:21 PM
ok DUDE thats cool
the strut bar i bought from them was pretty nice i put it in fits 100% perfect and it helped
wow if its a shitty tie bar ill throw it away its only 25 bucks

2k2civicSi
09-27-2002, 11:22 PM
P.S. i didnt really ask what you thought of it any way i just wanted to know what was involved in installing it witch you have yet to ancer

DEXTERBASE
09-27-2002, 11:24 PM
Did it seem to be a quality part?

For that price, I'd be a little wary. But on the other hand, the materials it would require to make this stuff doesn't actually cost that much. So I can see it as a fair price if someone is willing to do the work for minimal profit.

So if these are quality parts, hey, maybe someone is on our side at last!

Should be two bolts for this design.

HondaMan
09-27-2002, 11:33 PM
DEXTERBASE you must be smoking some good stuff tonight! hehe ;)

2k2civicSi,
I'm not real sure about the install of this lower bar but it doesn't appear it will be diffcult, just need a ratchet and socket and remove/reinstall 2 bolts but I could be wrong. If you get it let us know what is like.

2k2civicSi
09-27-2002, 11:36 PM
i will i should have it by next fri

DTH has it c'mon man give us some info

DEXTERBASE
09-28-2002, 01:13 AM
Hey, I was trying to give advice to wait before getting this part.

If it seems to be a quality part by those who already own it, well okay then. Get it because it's a good deal.

If it's not good stuff, why waste the money. That was my only point.

I don't know where you two got the idea that I'm not speaking from an informed viewpoint. I've been tuning cars for eight years now, living in japan for the last three. I have personally built several high performance cars, which I will list if you wish.

I was not trying to offend anyone, just lend advice.

Obviously advice isn't wanted or welcome here. If so let me know and I'll stop posting to you two.

DownTheHatch
09-28-2002, 05:52 AM
Hey man, its not that hard to install. it connects the two bolts on the bottom of your control arms. You will have to jack up each side of the car and use jack stands. Then, when you're removing a bolt you might have to support the control arm with your jack.

If you can install your strut bar you can install the tie bar, don't get frustrated if the control arm doesn't line back up when you go to slide the bolt back through, just physically move the wheel to the left or right and the control arm will line up. You might have to pound the bolt through with a rubber mallet, and check on the other side to see if the threads are matching up.

It only took me about 25min to do.

HondaMan
09-28-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by DEXTERBASE
Hey, I was trying to give advice to wait before getting this part.

If it seems to be a quality part by those who already own it, well okay then. Get it because it's a good deal.

If it's not good stuff, why waste the money. That was my only point.

I don't know where you two got the idea that I'm not speaking from an informed viewpoint. I've been tuning cars for eight years now, living in japan for the last three. I have personally built several high performance cars, which I will list if you wish.

I was not trying to offend anyone, just lend advice.

Obviously advice isn't wanted or welcome here. If so let me know and I'll stop posting to you two.

It's okay dude, it appears you weren't making much sense and/or understanding the topic here...that's all. We all welcome you here!

ThickMick
09-28-2002, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaMan
[B]DEXTERBASE you must be smoking some good stuff tonight! hehe ;)

Ha!!!!! That's great....This was one of the funniest posts I've read! I've never laughed so hard on my life!

HondaMan
09-28-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ThickMick
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HondaMan
[B]DEXTERBASE you must be smoking some good stuff tonight! hehe ;)

Ha!!!!! That's great....This was one of the funniest posts I've read! I've never laughed so hard on my life!

Thanks! :D