PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Kits for the EP3?

Ph0nK
02-09-2004, 10:39 AM
From some limited research I've found that most dampener applications for our car come in the form of inserts that require cutting the stock housing. Pair this with some sleeve-type coilovers or springs and you've got yourself a nice new suspension.

I'm not comfortable right now with cutting my stock strut housing, so I've been looking for some suspension kits (not coilover conversions for the most part), and have only come across one (from TireRack.com): the H&R Cup Kit (about a 2" drop, adjustable ride height and stiffness).

Does anyone else know of any others besides this? Something so that I don't have to cut stock parts? If you've got a kit installed already, what do you think of it?

jaydub
02-09-2004, 11:10 AM
the H&R cup kit is not out yet. I called H&R last week to inquire about this and they told me it was still "in development."

Ph0nK
02-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
the H&R cup kit is not out yet. I called H&R last week to inquire about this and they told me it was still "in development."

Oh well, so now I'm from one to zero. Any others available??

jaydub
02-09-2004, 11:43 AM
So far it seems like the cheapest complete solution is the Tein basic setup. I would've liked to see the cup kit also, but I don't know why it's taking H&R so long to release it.

Civicvtec1ps
02-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Cheapset would be Hayame fullcoilovers for em2.
Which fits on our car. Just like Tein basic, Which is made for em2 but fits on ep3.
Hayame comes with upper mounts, while tein basic and ss doesn't.
Tein flex comes with upper mounts and front camber plates.
Tanabe came out with fullcoilovers for dc5, Which also fits on ep3. Just need to get new tie rods.

Ph0nK
02-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Cheapset would be Hayame fullcoilovers for em2.
Which fits on our car. Just like Tein basic, Which is made for em2 but fits on ep3.
Hayame comes with upper mounts, while tein basic and ss doesn't.
Tein flex comes with upper mounts and front camber plates.
Tanabe came out with fullcoilovers for dc5, Which also fits on ep3. Just need to get new tie rods.

How about just springs? That's what you're riding on right? What's the ride like? do the stock struts hold up?

With the Hayame, do any modifications need to be made to make it fit the ep3?

jaydub
02-09-2004, 03:30 PM
I don't know of any EP3 guys who have these on yet, so we're not 100% sure that there won't be a need for modifications. I can't imagine there would be though, considering that (as civicvtec1ps stated) the Tein Basics for the EM2 fit our car fine.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 03:35 PM
but DAMN they're beginning to look attractive.

hernameis?
02-09-2004, 03:59 PM
ya ive been harassing H&R about their cupkits forever.. so maybe its just me pissing them off. They already have em out for the RSX so I dont know what the hold up is

Civicvtec1ps
02-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Ph0nK
How about just springs? That's what you're riding on right? What's the ride like? do the stock struts hold up?

With the Hayame, do any modifications need to be made to make it fit the ep3?
I have tein s tech springs. Rides good so far.
Planning to get tein flex or jic as soon as possisble.
I don't think you would need any modification for hayame.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by hernameis?
ya ive been harassing H&R about their cupkits forever.. so maybe its just me pissing them off. They already have em out for the RSX so I dont know what the hold up is

haha no wonder the guy wasn't super helpful when I called H&R.

Ph0nK
02-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I was excited about the H&R kits too, but now that I've seen these, I'm getting excited about them. The word on ClubRSX seems to be pretty positive so far.

Now, the suspension on the EM2 and the EP3 are pretty much the exact same setup right? So I don't see why it would be a problem to fit these to our cars.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:21 PM
the only thing I've read is that the EM2 has a 14mm front strut bolt, where ours is 16mm. That means you'll have to drill a little bit.

VNlilMAN
02-09-2004, 04:57 PM
01-02 EM2s use 14mm
03-04 uses 16mm
but ya most suspension parts are made for 01-02 not 03-04

Ph0nK
02-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by VNlilMAN
01-02 EM2s use 14mm
03-04 uses 16mm
but ya most suspension parts are made for 01-02 not 03-04

Well, drilling a bolt hole from 14mm to 16mm is something I think I can handle :)