PDA

View Full Version : removing bulb cover/diffuser

Rueda del Queso
02-09-2004, 11:55 AM
So the USDM EP3 headlights have a sort of cover over the bulbs in the housing. THe JDM one's don't. Why do the JDM one's not have a cover over the bulbs, would removing the cover make the lights brighter, directed higher/lower, be against vehicle equipment standards? I don't want to try this just yet since removing them would be semi-permanent, but if it would make my lights project better that'd be great. I have low only xenon lights, by the way.

VividDreams
02-09-2004, 06:09 PM
i cant say for sure, but im thinking that maybe you were looking at a set of HID headlights. i dont know if they are required/get in the way of an HID set up

dunno, but thats my best guess

BlackSi613nin
02-09-2004, 07:56 PM
well, i dont know why ours have it and jdm doesnt... but i know you could remove it prob the same way you do the DIY black housings... bake them in the oven, pull them apart, and either cut the shield off, or unhook it, however it can be detached... i was wondering this too, as 400 bux for jdm headlights is kind of steep..

joHn

Rueda del Queso
02-09-2004, 08:10 PM
THe only I way I can see to remove them is by cutting them off, which is why I don't want to be the one to try. Not really interested in making them look JDM, just brighter.

BlackSi613nin
02-09-2004, 08:23 PM
i didnt mean to just look jdm, i meant to get the same effect of the jdm(i guess they donthave them for a reason? not sure) but if you can cut them off and get the same results as the jdm ones, why spend the 400 bux. good luck, sorry i couldnt help you

joHn

Rueda del Queso
02-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Yeah, you're right, not sure why anyone gets the JDM lights or why some company hasn't made a cheaper knockoff.