PDA

View Full Version : last thoughtz

LiLxKeNnY
02-09-2004, 03:42 PM
im about to put in an order for my tein basics ... jsut want to do a last checkup on it. from what i hav heard. it is a perfect fit. Jus bolts rite on. it is just as stiff as the tein flexes. and lastly, i heard that you can buy the upper pillow mounts from tein that will work with the BASIX. i jus want to check if i am correct. i hav done some research, but they are always two sided. Anyone knowledge of it wood be useful. danx. i hope Peking sees this. he's the man with answering this kinda stuff!!

Civicvtec1ps
02-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Tein basic is made for em2, not specfically ep3 but fits.
Tein basic is NOT stiff as Tein flex. Look at Spring rates.
No, You can't put tein flex upper mounts on tein basic.
With tein basic, you would need to use some of stock parts,(upper mount bearings, upper mounts, strut tower bolt.)

LiLxKeNnY
02-09-2004, 07:34 PM
at the tein website, they said there is a tein basic for ep3 03+ ... r u shure they dont make it for ep3's??? ... i dont really understand spring rates ... but iz it realli different from the flex??? sorri if im confusin you ... im a noob to all this. i thought they made upper mountz for basics???

Civicvtec1ps
02-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by LiLxKeNnY
at the tein website, they said there is a tein basic for ep3 03+ ... r u shure they dont make it for ep3's??? ... i dont really understand spring rates ... but iz it realli different from the flex??? sorri if im confusin you ... im a noob to all this. i thought they made upper mountz for basics???
Look at part #'s.
Exactly identical. DSA22-LUSS2
Tein Flex spring rates.
8/448
10/559
Tein Basic Spring rates.
6/336
8/448
No, Tein does not make upper mounts for Basic full coilovers.

Dunrick
02-10-2004, 06:59 AM
usually when its compatable with another chassis, they will list it.