PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Days coming soon: to tint or not to tint

chubbychu
02-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey guys, its gonna be sunny soon here in norther california, and it gets hot as hell. Ive gotten all my windows tinted before but got pulled over and had to take off the front tints.

anyways i went to the local tint shop and asked if they have any good deals or anything than they said they would do my fronts for 100bucks OTD

now, for a regular film i would say no way, but it was with this "v-Kool" stuff that is made with gold and silver or whatever, anyways, it really works but is 100 bucks a good deal for just 2 windows? thanks!

jaydub
02-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Since you're in Cali, I wouldn't bother. With tint, it looks weird when the front windows aren't tinted and the rears are. How dark were your fronts that you got ticketed? I was under the impression that anything above 30% was legal, even on the front windows.

chubbychu
02-09-2004, 03:56 PM
35 i think.

it looks weird when the front windows aren't tinted and the rears are

thats what it is right now. but these days im not as worried about looks as i am heat.

chubbychu
02-09-2004, 03:57 PM
basically im looking for someone who knows a little about this v-cool stuff.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Well, living in Vegas, I've read a lot of studies on the effects (or lack thereof) of window tints. It turns out that because the tint is usually black (or dark in color) it attracts MORE heat, and heats up the exterior of your car making the inside like an oven. :D

STP03BlueSI
02-09-2004, 04:00 PM
2 window= 100.....no

i got all 4 done for 120:)

blacksihatch
02-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
Well, living in Vegas, I've read a lot of studies on the effects (or lack thereof) of window tints. It turns out that because the tint is usually black (or dark in color) it attracts MORE heat, and heats up the exterior of your car making the inside like an oven. :D

Thaks for stating that I was going to tint my windows soon, since I am moving to AZ next summer, thinking it will help my black on black car.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by blacksihatch
Thaks for stating that I was going to tint my windows soon, since I am moving to AZ next summer, thinking it will help my black on black car.

I had a dark blue car here, with 20% tint and it was hotter than my black 95 Civic with no tint.

03EP3SiHB
02-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Go for it, what color is your car again????? Go same shade as the sunroof for back windows, and lighter in the fron, that way cops won't bug you for having tinted windows.

blacksihatch
02-09-2004, 04:19 PM
I had a dark blue car here, with 20% tint and it was hotter than my black 95 Civic with no tint.

Where in Vegas you at? I have family in Henderson.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by blacksihatch
Where in Vegas you at? I have family in Henderson.

Henderson myself, I live right near the Galleria Mall. :)

blacksihatch
02-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Henderson myself, I live right near the Galleria Mall. :)

Yeah my Dad lives right next to The Fortune Cusino right near Raceway I think the street name is. Hopefully I will be going there next month and to check Pheonix out.

gr8buddha
02-09-2004, 04:24 PM
tint does wonders on the heat... i have double layer limo all the way around and i dont feel the blaring sun at all down here in florida.

:cool: :shadesm:

03SiBlack
02-09-2004, 05:32 PM
i got all my windows done for 160...got pulled over got a warning but i aint takin it off

chubbychu
02-09-2004, 06:29 PM
hmm....well the guys were willing to do 40 bucks for 2 windows with the regular stuff. but that v-cool stuff really was impressive.

PanchoEp3
02-09-2004, 06:38 PM
tint does wonders on the heat... i have double layer limo all the way around and i dont feel the blaring sun at all down here in florida.

Dude double layer limo? Can you even see out at night? I have 20% on the sides and 5%front and back and can barely see at night. And the whole oven effect isnt true down here in miami it helps alot. It hot right when you open the door but when you turn on the a/c it goes away alot faster than with no tints.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 06:43 PM
uh i live in Vegas, so it isn't like I don't know about heat.

IIx 03 EP xII
02-09-2004, 07:18 PM
the tint does help with heat. and ive got limo all around for 90 bucks!! and it was a good job too. ive gotten pulled over by a state trooper and got a warning... havent taken it off... and got pulled over last week, no warning, the cop just said 'your tint is illegal' i said 'alright'... and he wrote me a speeding ticket (cant say anything about that one... no excuse!).. yeah

Mugen Power
02-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by PanchoEp3
Dude double layer limo? Can you even see out at night? I have 20% on the sides and 5%front and back and can barely see at night.

I've been wanting to get tints but that's exactly what I'm afraid of.

wishin4si
02-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Go with all the windows... my girl got 5 windows, including the back for $125. I got the dealer to do it for free. It looks really clean.

gr8buddha
02-10-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by PanchoEp3
Dude double layer limo? Can you even see out at night? I have 20% on the sides and 5%front and back and can barely see at night. And the whole oven effect isnt true down here in miami it helps alot. It hot right when you open the door but when you turn on the a/c it goes away alot faster than with no tints.

its really hard to see at night... cant even whats really coming at me only 2 headlights and thats bout it. but i wouldnt ever go without it.

civic hatch boi
02-10-2004, 10:31 AM
dude, we're in cali, we dont need tint.

Zero Three Si
02-10-2004, 10:42 AM
True the black may attract more heat...BUT the UV rays don't penetrate and fade the heck out of your black interior.

They do have silver reflective tint....ever think about going that way?

Si3
02-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Tint! it looks ALOT better!

i have 20% all the way around and have only gotten one $25 ticket. i look at it as the price to play the game!

Well worth it is both appearance and function in my opinion!

-=-A.J.-=-

chubbychu
02-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
dude, we're in cali, we dont need tint.

in redding, yes you do.