PDA

View Full Version : Kia for a EP swap :( because of trans :)

siver-SI
02-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Well today I had a little fun at my dealership I was bringing in my car to get the rear window replaced becasue the rear defroster was not working right and I was having them check the trans again and do the check work that Honda of America wanted them to do.

Well when I drop off the car the service manager is right next to the guy that is taking my information and he hears that I needs parts checked per HOA. Well he tell me that they did not find a problem last time and that they are not going to do the work. I had to fieght for them just to call up Honda so they had confermation of what they wanted done. He was not even going to call up Honda because he did not think he had to. He seemed mad that I had gotten Honda involved with this. Honda did not like a few things that they did like the 0.5 mile test drives to check my trans.

Well on my way to the auto show I call up Honda and try to get the guy that handled my case but I could not get him. So when I left the auto show I called up Honda again to see if I could get him for just someone else to complain about this treatment. Got a woman she took down all my info and added it to my case. Well around 1 1/2 hours latter I get a call from my dealership that they were not able to reproduce the problem but they want to keep my car over night. I told them I needed a loaner then since I had no way to get to work. Was put on hold and was told I would get a loaner.

So I get to the dealership and needless to say I felt like I was getting a cold reseption because I walk in and I do not even get a hi realy I just get told to wait in the waiting room. Well around 15 min latter I get Hurz rental car guy there and he gives me my loaner. Just what I all ways wanted a nice Kia. O well at least they are taking more then a 5 min look at my car it seems.

All I can figure is that they did not get the car done today or Honda told them what to do. When I called them I told Honda that I was changing dealerships for service after my car got done there today because of how I was being treated. The dealership that I told them sells over 8 diffrent makes of cars other then hondas and they know I just got done with the auto show.

I just hope that maybe they did find something if they are willing to pay for me to get a loaner. The service manager did walk pass me while I was waiting for my loaner and he did not even look at me. I just hope they find something though.

FCobra94
02-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Well, at least now you can practice donuts in reverse ;)

Good luck w/ the car though...hope you get everything figured out.

the JigGa mAn
02-09-2004, 06:24 PM
what dealer is this?? i dont wanna go there (im in IL too, but you already knew that:D )

siver-SI
02-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
what dealer is this?? i dont wanna go there (im in IL too, but you already knew that:D )

Crystal Lake Honda

Going to start going to Motor Werks after this though. They give good service on my mom's BMW.

STP03BlueSI
02-11-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by FCobra94
Well, at least now you can practice donuts in reverse ;)

Good luck w/ the car though...hope you get everything figured out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sounds like what I did with the large chevy pickup truck I got. RWD BABY!!!! I left some nice patches in the back of Saturn.;)

Btrthnezr3
02-11-2004, 08:26 AM
Good Luck with getting everythign taken care of/fixed. I hope your car gets better :sniff:
And like I always say "If someone won't help you out, go higher up in the food chain" :D

the JigGa mAn
02-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
Crystal Lake Honda

Going to start going to Motor Werks after this though. They give good service on my mom's BMW.

motor werks in barringtion? they are a good place

siver-SI
02-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
motor werks in barringtion? they are a good place

Got my car back just now about 20 min ago. They were not holding the car because of the trans but because I guess they must have had problems with the rear window. When I got there yesterday they said they just got the window installed around 3:30 and they had to send it out for tinting today. When I droped it off Monday they said they had the window all done and ready to install and it was tinted all ready. All I can guess is that they broke the first window and that is what set them 2 days back on the car. No way it should have taken them 3 days to replace and tint a back window.

They did not find the trans problem but Honda must have layed into them because I got great cosomer service today. Still changeing dealerships though. Becasue they lied to me on Monday when they called because they said the car was ready but they wanted to check the trans in the morning.

siver-SI
02-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Ok going to kill my dealership. After waiting 3 days for the window to get installed and being stuck in a KIA I find out tonight they screwed it up and I am going to have to bring it back in. Tonight as I am driving I hit my brakes and all of a sudden I notice that my whole back window is lighting up red. I first thought maybe it was a reflection because of the window and tint all being new. So on my way back home I look at my back hatch area and I notice that the cover over the hatch is all red too. So I get home and I look and there is about a 1/2" to 3/4" inch gap between my 3rd brake light and my window. It is almost 11pm in the dark with out the brake light on and I can see that there is this huge gap but for some reason my dealership is blind. I thought maybe the trim was loose but when I tryed to push it in it does not go anywere. So I have no idea what they screwed up now.

Anyone know is the 04 SI window and diffrent from the 02? Just wondering if this is the problem.

I just can not belive this at all. I am switching dealers so much after this now. There is just no quality to their work at all at my current dealership. :(

!@#$%
02-12-2004, 04:29 PM
go to motor werks honda, they have to be at least somewhat better than crystal lake.

the JigGa mAn
02-12-2004, 05:50 PM
motor werks would be alot better b/c for one hondas are the cheapest cars they sell...they sell ferraris and shit like that...so you gotta be very well trained to fix shit like that...so if they can fix HIGH HIGH end cars fixing a honda should be a simple job...i hope