PDA

View Full Version : CEL after alarm/remote start install

skooba
02-09-2004, 09:21 PM
like the title says.....

my friend installed a viper 790xv with remote start today. everything was fine, everything worked, in fact, it all still works, but for some reason, the CEL came on. We finished the install around 5:00 PM and i took it home, only like 2 miles down the road. later, around 10:00 PM i drove around, and noticed that the CEL was on this time. We disconnected the battery for a few minutes, and turned it on and the light was off. I'm gonna go drive it around some more to see if it comes back on, which I am pretty sure it will. Does anyone know why it is on? My friend has done these installs on many other cars and nothing went wrong with them. Could it be because of the clutch bypass (allowing the car to start without the clutch being pressed in)? Any other ideas? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

idrive
02-10-2004, 02:17 AM
sorry i dont have any helpful info...
but i can say that i have a clifford w/remote start and clutch bypass
with no CELs
BUT i did have mine professionally installed cuz i didnt want to risk something like a CEL poppin up and have no one to blame but myself...

skooba
02-10-2004, 02:21 PM
well, i reset the ecu last night and it went away, drove to work and back home today and it still hasn't come on, so maybe that fixed it.