PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody make their turbo timer work?

BunnyBunBun
02-09-2004, 10:00 PM
I just installed my greddy turbo, everything is fine, but one thing really buds me. I have to wait till the TT to shutdown before i can lock my car. The techs were tring to find the alarm and wire over it, but they don't know where it is. Any help would be good!!

ep_nezay
02-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Depending if you have the TT on auto or manual, if you dont want to wait just turn the power off, thats it.
I have mine on auto, sometimes if it calls for alot of mins and its not needed, I just turn the power off the TT.
That shuts off the car.

BunnyBunBun
02-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
Depending if you have the TT on auto or manual, if you dont want to wait just turn the power off, thats it.
I have mine on auto, sometimes if it calls for alot of mins and its not needed, I just turn the power off the TT.
That shuts off the car.

But still, you can't just take the key out, leave the car, lock it, and walk away?

Thanks for the help anyway!

SubliminalSi
02-10-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by BunnyBunBun
But still, you can't just take the key out, leave the car, lock it, and walk away?

Yeah thats what i thought a tt did also:confused:

beansbear
02-10-2004, 02:25 AM
is your alarm a factory one or aftermarket one?

ep_nezay
02-10-2004, 11:01 AM

I see what you mean...
You can if you bypass it with the alarm.
You can also lock it by having the door open, pulling on the door handle(opening a door) and then just push the door lock button manually.

NOTE: Make sure your TT is wired up properly to your cooling fan, you dont want the car being on with no fan once the key is taken out.

beansbear
02-10-2004, 11:17 AM
my AC stops running when my Turbo timer goes on. I guess its wired wrong.

Still bunny cant arm the car if the turbo timer is running. The doors will be locked but the car wont be armed.

My friend set mine up with a relay so it could arm while the car was running on turbo timer. Only thing is, if i had the J's Racing Engine torque dampener set to tight it set the alarm off :)

Btrthnezr3
02-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Tried to send you a pm but your mailbox is full...
What I wanted to know was how much you were gonna charge per ride in the turbo'd EP at the meet this friday...haha! :D

BunnyBunBun
02-10-2004, 09:45 PM
I see what you mean...
You can if you bypass it with the alarm.
You can also lock it by having the door open, pulling on the door handle(opening a door) and then just push the door lock button manually.

NOTE: Make sure your TT is wired up properly to your cooling fan, you dont want the car being on with no fan once the key is taken out. [/QUOTE]

I want to bypass the alarm, and we tried. But we couldn't find the alarm in the car. Any idea where it could be? Also, if I change it to a after market alarm, would it allow me to arm my car without waiting?

BunnyBunBun
02-10-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
Tried to send you a pm but your mailbox is full...
What I wanted to know was how much you were gonna charge per ride in the turbo'd EP at the meet this friday...haha! :D

Sorry about that, my box should be clear by the time you see this. As far as riding in my car......... every ep owners are welcome!;)

Unless you smell:p

beansbear
02-10-2004, 09:49 PM
if you get a clifford, yes. It has a turbo timer feature. Other alarms may be able to do the same thing if your installer is a real pro and knows what he is doing.

ep_nezay
02-10-2004, 10:03 PM
I want to bypass the alarm, and we tried. But we couldn't find the alarm in the car. Any idea where it could be? Also, if I change it to a after market alarm, would it allow me to arm my car without waiting? [/B]

Im guessing you have the stock honda alarm, if you really want to know that answer, contact the dealer because I dont know since I dont have one.
Yes, if you change the alarm to an aftermarket one you can. Aslong the installer knows how to work with relays.

BunnyBunBun
02-10-2004, 11:03 PM
thanks guys, i'll try to talk to the installer tomorrow, and see what they can do.

vtecnrg
02-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by beansbear
if you get a clifford, yes. It has a turbo timer feature. Other alarms may be able to do the same thing if your installer is a real pro and knows what he is doing.

I have the Clifford and it is awesome. The only thing I don't like is that the tt are pre set times. 1 minute or 2 minute or 3 minute. A true tt basis the time of cool down on your driving style. Regardless, it is nice to be able to arm your car and walk away while it is still running.

BunnyBunBun
02-12-2004, 09:52 PM
hey, thanks for the ideas. But i realize i can lock it manually with my key even when the caar is still runnung. Also, my installer said last time he couldn't find the stock alarm because he didn't have enough time. He said give him like 2 hours, then he can bypass it. Well, anyways, thanks for all the advises.